Wells Fargo Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

9,384 Employee Reviews

1. Bank Teller

Pros

I loved to work at Wells Fargo. It Focused a lot on Perfect or WOW Customer Service and Because I have a natural love of people it was a blast to get to know other people and help them with their finances.

Cons

One thing that was really a Con of working at Wells Fargo was that the Corporation or the Company started to really push sales or Solutions really hard on the Workers, Bankers and Teller and the management of the Branches. As a result it was a lot more stressful and the managers were really pushing goals that were a lot of times unreachable. The point was they would really push very aggressively to the teller and bankers to meet those goals and teach the bankers and tellers to push products on the customers even when sometimes they didn't really needed and there was no benefit to the customer for having the product. I have learned a lot from this job and still recommend it.

Advice to Management

This is more to the Corporate of Wells Fargo. Please dont focus so much on SOLUTIONS or SALES. I understand the need to grow etc. however I think if the main focus is WOW Customer service and whats best for the customer instead of trying to meet just GOALS to benefit the company. The customers will have more loyalty and will refer WELLS Fargo to friends and family and naturaly result in more customers.

2. Great

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

benifits, balance work and life

Cons

have to sale, if you like to sale you will be fine

Advice to Management

lower goals

3. Great Customer Service

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo (More than a year)

Pros

This was a very professional work environment

Cons

Work loads were sometimes too large

5. Paralegal

Pros

Good training, leadership and advancement opportunities. Good salary and benefits.

Cons

Amount of travel involved for this position.

6. Was a better company when decentralized

Former Employee - Corporate Communications in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Corporate Communications in Houston, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture!! Flexibility. Vision and values very important. Volunteerism highly valued.

Cons

Used to be decentralized, giving employees more autonomy. Centralizing in 2015. Changing for the worse.

Advice to Management

Know team members leave the company because of incompetent managers--not the company. Also promoting from within is extremely important is supporting development and maintaining continuity.

7. Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Wells Fargo (Less than a year)

Pros

Management was very helpful in expediting project.

Cons

Employees didn't work well with Contract workers.

8. You control your career path

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Naples, FL

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits. Vacations.career. great for young people. Great company that has your back. Service is the number one priority.

Cons

People. Salary compare to other banks. The sales are tough. Partner referral are annoying to get as bankers... some manager are useless

Advice to Management

Don't poo where you eat

9. High Stress

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

A lot of work, never bored

Cons

Too much change with moving foundation

Personal Banker

Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I (SAFE) in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo has good health benefits Wells Fargo has a variety of positions and they focus on internal promotion

Cons

Promotions turn into politics it is all about who you know vs you performance The sales culture is sometimes overwhelming and I believe that we are more focused on the sale rather than the customer's needs They don't pay enough for the stress and lack of work life balance Micro management--- The bankers are put under pressure to reach sales goals, the store manager is under pressure from the district manager, the district manager is under pressure from the area president (and so on)--- So everyone is to blame

Advice to Management

Put customer's at the forefront of your minds. Sometimes the best things for our customer isn't product pushing. Let's focus on relationship building and the sales will come. I feel like the sale culture turns most of our customers into just a number

11. Investment Bank

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large organization with extensive reach to numerous clients. Competitive pay for results achieved. Multiple lines of business providing opportunities to service clients and find opportunities within the organization.

Cons

It's a large organization. Like any large business, at times the left hand isn't aware what the right hand is doing leading to groups working at cross purposes.

Advice to Management

Focus on businesses and employees creating long term relationships rather than focusing on short term financial results.

Showing 9,384 of 9,719 reviews