Wells Fargo

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

22 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great people, inconsistent company.

Lead Teller (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

ProsAbundant PTO. Job Security. Recognition for a job well done. Decent pay after a certain point. Infinite room for growth if you try and plenty of locations to choose from.

ConsNo work/life balance: If you are FT you will be here every minute of 40 hours and possibly more; managers always expect you to cut lunches or come in early/stay late and if you don't, you will be scorned for it. There seems to be no labor to account for so if it is slow you Now check credit reports for almost any position other than teller, will not hire/promote if there is ANYTHING negative on your report. There is NO CONSISTENCY in anything: if you call another LOB for help, you will receive 20 different answers with no conclusion.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to make things more uniform. It is bad for service/business.

Great Benefit, Horrible Sales Pressure

Store Manager I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat sam sex partner benefits

ConsRidiculous sales goals and pressures. Horribly micro managed

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people and stop micro managing!

Overall experience was good.

Teller (Former Employee)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking there gave me some insight on how people manage their finances. It also taught me about the different types of bank products available. Learning to manage large cash drawers is also good experience to have. I enjoyed working with other team members and managers. If you're good at sales and love to sell, promotions will be much faster.

ConsDidn't like how aggressive WF is about meeting their sales goals. Your sales goal become higher with promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make sales goals the most important thing about the company.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The most competitive job I have ever come across

Teller (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time for more than 3 years

Prosdecent benefits
401 k rolls over and immediate PTO

Consaggressive sales orientation - be prepared to sell everything, unfair practices, high turn over,

Nice but cheap in the south

Teller (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

ProsMove up quick, nice, good training

Conslow pay unless in nyc

Advice to Senior Managementpay more

Too big for britches

Personal Banker (Former Employee)

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

ProsLarge company full of different departments. Lots of ways to move on if you know the right people and kiss enough butt.

ConsEthical environment is not one that I would condone. Retail banking is full of deceit and high pressure sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember what a bank is upposed to be.

Eight Months at Wells Fargo

Business Process Specialist I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat Company, Great People, Responsive Tech Team, Opportunity for Growth, Flex Scheduling for my position, Able to balance Family and Work

ConsLarge organizations can be difficult to navigate

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue pushing the envelope and hiring top talent, Remain committed to fostering a culture that allows for work/life balance

Sales, Sales, Sales, ooh.. and SALES

Teller Then Banker (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

ProsThere's this 28% AT&T discount you get on your bill (Wells Fargo does AT&T payroll). Other than that the actual work culture sucks. Everything good is incentive based and requires you to kill yourself to achieve in the slower banks locations. My advice - apply and try to work at a high traffic bank to be successful with this organization.

ConsOn the contrary to what you may think, hours suck. I worked 7:30-6pm most days and even until 7pm on Fridays. If that isn't enough you get hired and the first thing you realize is the everlasting ladder of seniority will keep you last on the rosters for holidays and vacations for a good 5-10 years.

Sales are constantly shoved down your throat and you are micromanaged to the point where there is always a lead-teller or line manager breathing on your back. They listening to your every word with the customer and constantly point or tap on the screen 'discreetly' to get you to sell an account, credit card, or other depending on what the ooh so intelligent system recommends.

The financial advice given to customers is horrible, and purely sales driven. I've heard things like, "you are pre-approved so getting and having the card won't effect your credit", or you should switch out of that grandfathered account, our new accounts offers *random crappy perk*.

For those HISPANOS, the fact that I spent hours translating for my lead-teller only for her to recieve credit for the opening of new accounts was a deal-breaker for me. Yes and I repeat, the first teller to say HI to the customer, is the one who gets credit for the account opening regardless of the person who did all the work to convince the customer to use new services or even open a brand new account.

College students, I was constantly put on the schedule on days I specifically refused to work due to my classes, and still was disciplined for not attending work. Priorities where really messed up if they think I would flunk school to stay at Wells Fargo. All in all it ended in me saying GO TO HELL WELLS FARGO.

At the end of the day you are working for a company that only cares about it's shareholders. The insurance sucks, breaks are 15-30 minutes and the scrutiny you face for constant improvement along with micromanagement so you can hit 'platinum sales' is just ridiculous.

Ohh did I mention if a customer does a survey and gives you a 5/5 on everything but a 4/5 on one field you get a disciplinary action? Run while you can, the job sucks both for tellers and bankers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micromanaging and playing favorites.

Allow employees to use their judgement when deciding to not sell something every minute, and let hispanic employees who do nothing but translate, get at least half credit for accounts opened or services agreed upon by the customers. I received NO CREDIT for hours of translating and work, yet the lead teller who said "hi" to the customer, than asked me to close and come translate for her got all the credit.

Great experience

Registered Personal Banker II (Current Employee)

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

ProsExcellent growth potential with this employer

ConsPotential downside, like any other company, varying management branch to branch

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Stressful and unrealistic

Personal Banker II (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for less than a year

ProsBenefits package was great. Really enjoyed the coverage on health and dental.

ConsPay was low and bonuses could not be achieved. No one in our district team hit goal. I was promised many bonuses when recruited but received none.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic with sales goals and incentives. We don't need 4 conference calls a day every day yelling at us about lack of production based on your crazy goals.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!

Wells Fargo Videos

Wells Fargo – Why Work for Us?

Wells Fargo & Company is a diversified financial services company providing banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 9,000 stores and more than 12,000 ATMs and the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Wells Fargo reviews and ratings in Richmond, VA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Wells Fargo CEO John G. Stumpf. All 22 reviews posted anonymously by Wells Fargo employees.