Wells Fargo

7,127 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,561 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 283 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 138 reviews)

More Highlights

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun work enviroment

Former Employee - Teller in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Teller in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Unlimited growhth potential, promotes from within

Cons

High turnover team members constantly changing

Licensed Personal Baner

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Monthly and annual bonus opportunities can increase salary significantly

Cons

Not much room for growth at the branch level

Do not push products on customers

As up and down as it gets.

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Rock Hill, SC
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Rock Hill, SC

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

Steady paycheck thats pretty high for an entry-level sales job. typical 9-5 job, you know your hours and you know what your getting into. Excellent backroom support so you don't feel like an idiot in front of your customer. It's a company where people are given great opportunity to move, aside from if your a teller, its a little tougher to move up from there. something I noticed.

Cons

They treat you by the way your numbers look. If your numbers are poor then your treated pretty poorly. If your numbers are good then you get treated really well. Commission pay and structure really is pretty poor. I was formerly wachovia. Wachovia is great because they care for the customer. Wells Fargo cares for the company only. They draw a fine line between what's ethical and what's not. I had a harder time selling Wells fargo bc I didn't believe in their product and benefit to the customer as much.

It's a strong structure that shouldn't be as sales driven as it is. There should be much more focus on customer retention also.

When I was there, management made a great impression on me... they are the only company ever to do so.

Former Employee - Foreclosure Documents Auditor in Rock Hill, SC
    Former Employee - Foreclosure Documents Auditor in Rock Hill, SC

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Great management. They made me feel accomplished constantly. They were supportive, positive, and took the time to allow me to experiment and develop new ways of doing things. Compensation is blah, but it made me feel good to work there.

Cons

Compensation was blah for me, but I was just a part time worker and what they gave me was pretty competitive. At the time I was just a cog in a wheel of a processing machine and the work wasn't all that creative.

DON'T CHANGE!!! I received a great impression, and was made to feel special and important. Everyone was nice to me, especially my bosses.