Wells Fargo Reviews in Salt Lake City, UT

6,446 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,227 Ratings

Pros
  • The service is top rate to the customers and the work/life balance is very good (in 241 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 431 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 481 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment (in 111 reviews)

More Highlights

72 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fantastic environment and a management team that truly cares about their employees.

Current Employee - Brokerage Customer Service Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Brokerage Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, compensation and environment. Management does everything they can to help employees succeed.

Cons

None I can think of. If I had not become too ill to work I would definitely still be there.

Glad I got out quick!

Former Employee - Teller  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Teller in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits (PTO!!)
    Some really cool people

Cons

Management
    Scheduling
    Sales
    Roadmaps

Management is basically hired by time spent with the company - not by skill set. My service manager was HORRIBLE in one word. No leadership skills whatsoever - an awful communicator, terrible with confrontation and dealing with customer concerns - something that should have been learned in her first 4 years with the company.
    I was constantly asked to cover hours because of the high turnover and at a smaller branch it became very stressful.
    The sales push was insane. Achievable - yes. But I think it suffices to say that WF is willing to lose 5 customers to gain 1.
     Attention to the roadmap was ridiculous. It is an absolute joke to force every teller to have the exact same types of conversations with people all day long. Hopefully now that WF is learning they have a younger demographic they will begin to understand that the younger generation is not impressed by being "Welcomed to Wells Fargo" and "Thanked for choosing Wells Fargo" during every interaction.

Deplorable morale, not 1 person in my position I met liked their job.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Health benefits were good, dollar compensation was favorable.

Cons

Management treats employees like irresponsible children. Furniture and equipment are old, used outdated office furniture, equipment. Big picture metrics outweighs doing the right thing. Always better metrics to say nothing to a customer and shorten call time vs example-explaining any solution like a brokerage account or Billpay,etc.

Kill the churn and burn mentality. Too much revenue sacrifice occurs prioritizing breve calls over revenue generating responses. Decrease dollar compensation and increase morale compensation. Customers always deserve a solution call vs current metric shorten call priority.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

overall strong with savvy upper management

Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Business Relationship Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

they take great care of you as you produce, work life balance depends on who is managing you or who you report to.

Cons

there are some internal difficulties in working with incentive compensation groups as well as some internal conflict in the Business Banking Group between IS and RM roles

show more meaningful care with employees

Zero incentive to do a good job.

Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist II  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist II in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

The medical benefits and pretty good.

Cons

Everything is based on your production numbers. There are three fraud detection teams that work side by side in the SLC office, but they are in competition with each other, so they do not share much information. As a result, the Detections Specialists are not all on the same page, which creates a lot of frustration and wasted time, and has a tremendous impact on the overall quality of the job.

The team supervisor whose team members have the highest production numbers receives a bonus; the members of that supervisor's team do not. Because the bank views Detections as a department that does not generate revenue for the company, the annual raises are microscopic. This year, we received 18 cents.

The 10 weeks of new-hire training was confusing and worthless, and the computer systems are slow and need to be updated.

Favoritism is practiced openly on a daily basis, but if you challenge that, it will be denied and you will be put in your place. The same few people on each team are repeatedly given special projects, are not held accountable for their production numbers, and are exempt from the consequences that are given to the rest of the team members.

Many of my co-workers have mentioned that they feel like robots, sitting in cubicles,staring at computers all day, and pounding out as many fraud alerts as they can to stay out of trouble.

Basically, I would advise you to avoid this position if:

you take pride in your work and are accustomed to being rewarded for doing a good job
    you prefer having the necessary tools to perform your job
    you do better when you have specific info that makes sense re how to perform your job rather than ambiguity
    etc., etc.

Restructure Fraud Detection to eliminate competition between teams so the department is cohesive. Allocate a very small percentage of your $400+ billion profit to system upgrades. Do whatever is necessary to eliminate the ridiculous amount of favoritism and politics in the department.

Good career opportunity in financial services.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good pay, positive atmosphere. Nice work-life balance.

Cons

Not enough variety in career growth and job functions.

Lots of sales, occasionally helping people.

Former Employee - Personal Banker  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Personal Banker in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent training model. Good potential to climb the corporate ladder. Generally happy and committed co-workers.

Cons

Heavy emphasis on sales leads to micromanagement. If you don't like sales, you won't like working on the retail side of Wells Fargo.

Look for the potential in each employee and work with that employee to effectively use their own strengths to succeed in their job

High pressure low to no raises high volume constant change decrease in benefits through time

Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Online Customer Service Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent benefits but it changes. Bonus based off metrics usually difficult to achieve

Cons

Stressful , low pay, constant bad changes for employees, high pressure sales environment , poor management, sink or swim workplace. And constant number game.

Help employees by motivating and giving compensation instead of taking away resources . Hire more people and stop burningout employees . out of every class of 20 people only five had stood per hiring class which is shameful

Pretty good company. Alright leadership

Former Employee - Teller  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Teller in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for more than a year

Pros

-For a college student this is a great job. Pretty good money, they can be flexible with hours.
    -You get a good amount of PTO
    -In a nice bank/working environment
    -Bankers can help you out with your accounts

Cons

-So-so management. I don't know how they pick leaders or if they screen them enough but it's sad when you know they are messing up and you could do better.
    -They really push sales, though they have taken away some "Solutions" which help you achieve goals.

Management training needs to be longer or something. You need to go over how to treat employees and handle situations. One/two bad managers can stop someone from continuing in the company i.e. me

Wells Fargo is a great career choice!

Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist III  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Financial Crimes Specialist III in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

This job will pay you for your loyalty and the paid time off is highly competitive vs other companies

Cons

Start out wages could be more competitive but with beneifts and yearly raises it equals out in the end

Appreciate your employees and give praise for hard work done by employees.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!