Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • Work life balance is great with telecommuting option available(in 216 reviews)

• The company provides great benefits like health insurance, employee discounts etc(in 462 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products(in 470 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment(in 108 reviews)

499 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome work experience

Teller (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgreat company to work for well taken care of as an employee.

Consnone. i am very satisfied with the company as a whole.

If you can ignore the politics, it's a good job that has good benefits

Loan Document Specialist III (Current Employee) Concord, CA

ProsSome of the jobs pay well and cost out of pocket for medical is less than most.

ConsPromotions are difficult to obtain. Politics. Someone less qualified may be promoted because of who they know.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess politics & promote according to qualifications not favoritism.

Customer experience vs sales integrity

Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsStrong company. Number one bank right now. Stability. Great pay. Even greater bonuses.

ConsAggressive sales culture. Almost predatory. Last time checked I'm a customer service rep not a sales banker

Advice to Senior ManagementLower metrics due to numerous changes with policy and proceedures

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid conservative company.

Marketing Database Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood work-life balance, lots of opportunity for growth and movement, vertically or laterally. With economic recovery, our division is definitely expanding.

I'm a technical (mostly) worker, and looking to switch industries, so take my review with a grain of salt if you're really into FS.

ConsBig company, can lose career focus if you stay fixed on the minutia and company processes. Benefits have degraded down to average.

Very Organized Company

QA Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros9-5 work no one stays over.

ConsNot much communication between people

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication through participation outside projects

Enjoyed working at Wells Fargo - lots of opportunities for interesting projects!

Programmer - Analyst (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe atmosphere is very friendly and courteous.

ConsSometimes, with a large company yo feel your contributions don't make a big difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementProviding opportunities for advancement is great for morale and greater productivity.

A good experience, would love a nice secure job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsExcellent perks and employee appreciation.

ConsCompletely disorganized and wasteful of resources. No clear boss = no clear direction. Many conflicts with different instruction from team members.

Very difficult to find the truth

Senior Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsYour ability to serve customers and comunity is fun

ConsPromtion after the Acq of Wachovia is limited, and white males lcok down promtoion opportunites

Advice to Senior ManagementBe truthful about your diversity and hiring! Where are the senior executives of color in the International Bank or Commercial Banking, or US Corporate Banking... The marketing to diverse professionals is good, but hiring, retaining, and promtion is not a truthful effort...

Good company, they care about the communities where they operate.

Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI love they are concerned with sustainability, communities and their employees

ConsMany of the managers should no be managers as they have no skills as to how to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet management training classes for managers!

Depends on the group and your manager

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood vacation and benefits. Some very smart people.

ConsSome very bad managers and unless it comes from senior management, it doesn't happen. Lots of siloed managers who don't see the forest for the trees. Lots of micromanagement going on.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!