Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • The service is top rate to the customers and the work/life balance is very good(in 241 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year(in 431 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products(in 481 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment(in 111 reviews)

502 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Retail Banker/Sales Platform

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsHours were great, no weekends, no late nights. Manager and co-workers were what kept me there. My bank was bought by Wells Fargo so I did not have much of a choice. Health insurance was pretty good, a lot better than other programs offered at other banks.

ConsStrong sales performance requirements. Very pushy in terms of getting sales. If you don't get them be prepared to get chewed by upper management. If you are not in the top 10% in sales metrics do not expect to go anywhere within the bank unless you know somebody high up the ladder.

Good company, they care about the communities where they operate.

Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsI love they are concerned with sustainability, communities and their employees

ConsMany of the managers should no be managers as they have no skills as to how to manage.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet management training classes for managers!

Very difficult to find the truth

Senior Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsYour ability to serve customers and comunity is fun

ConsPromtion after the Acq of Wachovia is limited, and white males lcok down promtoion opportunites

Advice to Senior ManagementBe truthful about your diversity and hiring! Where are the senior executives of color in the International Bank or Commercial Banking, or US Corporate Banking... The marketing to diverse professionals is good, but hiring, retaining, and promtion is not a truthful effort...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you can ignore the politics, it's a good job that has good benefits

Loan Document Specialist III (Current Employee) Concord, CA

ProsSome of the jobs pay well and cost out of pocket for medical is less than most.

ConsPromotions are difficult to obtain. Politics. Someone less qualified may be promoted because of who they know.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess politics & promote according to qualifications not favoritism.

Awesome work experience

Teller (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosgreat company to work for well taken care of as an employee.

Consnone. i am very satisfied with the company as a whole.

Customer experience vs sales integrity

Online Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsStrong company. Number one bank right now. Stability. Great pay. Even greater bonuses.

ConsAggressive sales culture. Almost predatory. Last time checked I'm a customer service rep not a sales banker

Advice to Senior ManagementLower metrics due to numerous changes with policy and proceedures

Depends on the group and your manager

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood vacation and benefits. Some very smart people.

ConsSome very bad managers and unless it comes from senior management, it doesn't happen. Lots of siloed managers who don't see the forest for the trees. Lots of micromanagement going on.

Solid conservative company.

Marketing Database Consultant (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGood work-life balance, lots of opportunity for growth and movement, vertically or laterally. With economic recovery, our division is definitely expanding.

I'm a technical (mostly) worker, and looking to switch industries, so take my review with a grain of salt if you're really into FS.

ConsBig company, can lose career focus if you stay fixed on the minutia and company processes. Benefits have degraded down to average.

Good training, good exposure, and strong credit culture.

Vice President (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsStrong credit culture. Good place to start a career in lending/banking because of good career development opportunities and credit training through the Bank's FAP/CMTP programs.

ConsBureacratic. A lot of administration and reporting. Pay is below industry averages for lending groups. Sales goals are difficult to accomplish.

Very Organized Company

QA Analyst (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros9-5 work no one stays over.

ConsNot much communication between people

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication through participation outside projects

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!