Wells Fargo Reviews

• San Francisco, CA Area

1. Management team is very unprofessional

Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Licensed Personal Banker in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I been with WFB for almost nine years. It is a lot to learn from your daily work, every day there is something new.

Cons

The sales goal and customer service rating is unrealistic, all numbers game. However, when I took the job, I have to do what the company requires. The management is pushing us every day, no matter how good was your last performance. If you argue that the goal is too hard to achieve, the manager will threaten you with words as "termination, insubordination, formal warning, and no bonus even though u achieve the bonus level." Managers always play favoritism, if she/he didn't like you, no matter how good is your performance, you will not get promoted to the next level. In WFB rules are set, but not carry about by the managers. Every managers have their own set of rules, and sometimes those rules are conflict with the company rules. When you complain it to the HR department, no one cares, and when it suppose to be anonymous, sorry your manager will find out who was the person that file the complain. I will not recommend anyone to work for this company for their long turn career.

Learn how to mange your team more professional and care about your team members not just the sales number and every little detail of the survey paper works. When you have a good working environment and be patient, the performance will improve. Your workers are human not salves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Teller in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Teller in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It a great company if you want to grow within. Promotions!!

Cons

The sales goals are little to much. Less training.

Compensation for sales should be more.

3. Management Is Dishonest, Not Great!!!

Current Employee - Compliance in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Compliance in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Wells Fargo invests and spends a lot of money on marketing the brand, image, and reputation in the public.

Cons

There are too many people in management and not enough workers. The managers take credits but blame on staff and throw them under the bus. There are deep office politics and favoritism all over at Wells Fargo. Management hires their children, friends and relatives, and they get off not doing their jobs and pushing off on the underlings.

There are too many people being hired based on relationships and connections at Wells Fargo. Nobody has the courage to speak out about this unfair employment practice.

5. very chill

Former Contractor - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

it's what you imagine when you fantasize about working for a corporation. Looking over the city, very technological environment. you're very well compensated and have a very stress free workspace and co-workers

Cons

Sometimes there's a lot of work to be done, but sometimes there's no work at all. There's still a lot of benefits, and it outweighs the bad. it's all about how you conduct yourself.

i feel as if the management handled its employees well.

6. Solid company, strong culture

Former Employee - Marketing Database Decision Strategy Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, executive management, ability to move within company

Cons

Bureaucracy, slow to get things done

7. Good not great place to work -

Current Employee - Cx Senior Producer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Cx Senior Producer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fair compensation,
    Generous benefits package
    Variety of work environments available

Cons

Technology teams are anti-innovation; not able to upgrade user experience because of obsolete skills and methodologies; IT leaders too focused on maintaining deprecated back-end systems - slow or unwilling to invest in front-end developers

Make the technology teams that support customer facing web applications accountable for user experience - Stop taking users for granted!
    Fire any application manager that doesn't make delivering value to users a priority.
    Involve Ux in technology roadmap planning.
    Update hiring policy and find new, daring, diverse tech leaders.

8. A great place to work for

Former Employee - Applications Systems Engineer V in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Applications Systems Engineer V in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

Competitive market salary. A lot of emphasis is given on teamwork and nurturing the employee.

Cons

Less opportunity of remote working. More bureaucratic set up as it takes time to get implemented.

9. Nice culture

Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior CopyWriter in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo

Pros

The people here are professional, laid-back, and respectful toward one another. Culturally, there's a lack of aggression and sense of "hierarchy," in a good way. It's inclusive. Even though I was a contractor, I felt like I was always treated with genuine respect and appreciation. Deadlines are reasonable. It's a bank, so it's not always the most creative work, but good and even great work does rise to the top.

Cons

I honestly can't really think of any.

Very friendly environment and lots of potential to move within the firm.

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

great benefits and very friendly office culture. People are all very understanding and willing to work with you.

Cons

There could be some pressure at times for goals and workload.

11. One of the lamest banks out there

Former Contractor - Data Analyst in San Leandro, CA
    Former Contractor - Data Analyst in San Leandro, CA

I worked at Wells Fargo as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

No need to work at all!!!!!!

Cons

I was on a consulting job here for 19 months. They exclusively hire incompetents. They are in love with them and hire them full time. You cannot get a system administrator to create an ID for you within 2 months. Their entire database is made of notepads and excel sheets. Your work never gets appreciated and the only thing that matters is soaping and buttering process of superiors. They bring in very cheap contractors from all over who are least motivated to work and laugh at you when you actually make little effort to do so.

Not worth getting hired here at all, if you want any sort of career progression.

A lowly person like me has Nothing to say to the GODS