Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in Texas

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • Work life balance is great with telecommuting option available(in 216 reviews)

• The company provides great benefits like health insurance, employee discounts etc(in 462 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products(in 470 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment(in 108 reviews)

332 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was well worth the experience.

Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) Bedford, TX

ProsSet schedule, minimal supervision which was great.

ConsThere was to much favoritism and it was up to your manager if she liked you or not if you moved up.

Not a bad place to work, until you get laid-off

Foreclosure Notary Public (Former Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsGood place to work. Great coworkers offer a good balance of work life and social work atmosphere. Offer good pay for the work you do, and good hours.

ConsThis job can tend to be a bit "click-y" if you will. There seem to be a lot of office politics going on, and if you're not careful you can be sucked into it all, and management is no exception to the politics.

Personal banker

Personal Banker (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCustomers Co workerteam player and help each other

ConsManagement show better leader ship and stop threading job every day if goal wasn't met

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to lead by example

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent company to work for

Teller (Former Employee) El Paso, TX

ProsSales bonuses, PTO, 401K, flexible scheduling, good benefits even for part timers

ConsSales-driven, can get stressful due to the high amount of customers on teller lines

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease don't get involved with employee gossip

Great Company To Work for

Left As Phone Banker II (Current Employee) Westlake, TX

Prosonly one bad Supervisor, whom no longer works there. Really was pleased at time I was there many bonuses, and challenges. Hit a base pay, last 5 years no raises

ConsNow heard they took away from employee many referral options, got too strict on points for 1 minute late. Many employees did work hard. After too much time, they too could not get raises. Could not get into higher position, because made them a lot of money in cross sales and not many new the ins and outs of the system like I did. Worked over 10 years for them

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't all ways side with Supervisor, Much higher ups should listen to people in lower level jobs. I appreciated this company.

Wells Fargo lockbox

Operations Clerk (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsGreat benefits, such us: health insurance plans, 401K matching contributions, vacation time and some other benefits like Verizon bill monthly discounts, points on your mortgage with WF. 24/7 operation business hours which will allow you to choose the right shift to fit your schedule.

ConsThe pay is not that great.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview the salaries and prorate them at least once a year according to inflation. I was hired twice and was offered the same base pay: in 2007-$10 per hour and in 2012 - $10 per hour. Something is wrong here and needs to be done.

Teller

Teller (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsPretty easy and straightforward job. Decent pay,

ConsConstant pressuring sales goals, constant pressure to get a perfect feedback survey. Wells Fargo goes through so many employees, feels as if not valued. There is always someone to replace you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of sales

Good...until it was bad.

Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOne of the best reasons for working here is name value. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is the leader in the industry.

ConsUnderwriters seem under trained and extremely nit-picky. Expect to work overtime--for no pay. Management knew we were working hours over our designated time; but you couldn't list that time on your time sheet because it wasn't approved. Totally unrealistic expectations from Regional Management regarding turn time. Loans took 60 to 120 days to close. No lie.

Training Highlight: Company flies new employees out to other states for one week training on AS400 (DOS) mortgage origination software that is antiquated and archaic. The one week is insufficient; as one wrong keystroke will derail anything you've attempted to enter.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance focus should be emphasized.

Not worth the training

Personal Banker I (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe money was decent but could be better

ConsNo real development for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees

Value Employees

Inbound Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsThere are always opportunities available, job postings, and chances to excel.

ConsThe banking industry is very competitive, and therefore, the work environment is as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementI like Wells Fargo, keep up the good work.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!