Wells Fargo Reviews in Texas

6,688 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,354 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 270 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 466 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 531 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 128 reviews)

More Highlights

385 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It's all about the numbers, health care costs, and managing to mediocrity!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Westland, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Westland, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co Workers are great. They mostly learn to keep their head down, and don't over perform. When they micro manage you, just nod a lot. Top performers and bottom producers are turned. So if you don't want to produce, you will do well! If you are average or below average, join the team for a few years. You get health insurance, but has a 20% co pay, so a typical hospital stay you'll be paying thousands $$$ in monthly payments for years.

Cons

Top performance leaders are turned, they make the poor upper managers look bad. Corporate wants everyone producing at top levels, but middle management seems to let those top people go, so they don't have to manage the dozen under performers. If you perform and make the rest of the people look bad, you have a target on your back. you will be termed. They make every customer calling into the call centers buy something. The pressure makes the agents transfer people to departments that had nothing to do with the reason they called in. The micor management week in and week out is governed by the unit or regional managers last conference call. That gives them the goal of the day, week or month. Next call, it changes. Since the merger a few years ago, they have become Wachovia. I think there was a reason Wachovia went belly up in 2009 and lost a fortune. And they retained HR people, policies, and procedures from Wachovia to manage Wells Fargo????

Leave the corporate office. Upper management came by once in 5 years. Some sites they have never visited. Some area managers and phone bank managers are so lost on what really happens in the customer service areas they just term people that have given years to the company. I have seen all but 1 of a dozen managers, leads, supervisors turned over a year to save health care costs and climate high performers. 40% to over 100% turnover over in customer service should tell you something.

Interesting the second time around.

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Addison, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good hard working people who pride themselves on doing a good job and they deserve better.

Cons

Lack of leadership (RAMP-Management) within the division or direction. It's like the decision makers have little to no clue about the mission or how to treat team members

Don't take yourselves so seriously you really don't have a clue about the real world or how to manage.

Phone Banker Bilingual

Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Banker in Westlake, TX
    Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Banker in Westlake, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Team members(fun to work with)
    Benefits

Cons

-Too much pressure on Sales
    -Focus more on numbers
    -Everybody is recognized more for their shortcomings instead of strengths
    -Everybody is a NUMBER, if you don't sell, you are a bad employee in their eyes
    -They focus more on sales rather than customer service

-Focus more on customer service and not so much sales

Best technology, never got my disability benefits!

Former Employee - Teller in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The technology is no doubt a cut above the rest. I have worked at another bank since leaving Wells, and they were so far behind the times. I really missed how fast the computer programs were and I LOVED the Panini (MICR reader).

Cons

Some employees in the HR department, and ALL of the managers/district managers I worked for were SO unethical.

I had extreme medical complications due a muscle disease I have, so on doctor's orders I went on disability leave. I was on leave for 9 months - and NEVER GOT DISABILITY BENEFITS! I literally was bed ridden, and Wells Fargo (who's disability benefits are paid through Liberty Mutual) said I was not disabled! Even my own doctor appealed their denials TWICE, and they still did not pay me one cent of what I should have been paid. That finally led to my departure from the company.

Pay attention to your tellers. We may be the bottom of the totem pole - but we are the first (and sometimes only!) person the customer will interact with on their visit into the branch.

When you promise and employee disability benefits, please actually deliver on that promise. Being on disability is tough. Not being paid for close to a year when I have two kids and bills to pay does not make me a happy camper.

Sales

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Job security i.e. if you are an aggressive salesman.The benefits and the paid time-off are great as well

Cons

The company values its employees as long as they are go-getters. But you may loose your job if you have a bad 1 or 2 months.

Be more human

Bad the management was lazy and only 5-100 customers liked wellsfargo so you always got treated bad

Former Employee - Teller in Mansfield, TX
    Former Employee - Teller in Mansfield, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The money was okay I was hired as part time but I worked 45 hours plus

Cons

Solutions pretty much forcing a customer to do something they didn't wanna do and it wouldn't help them out

Stop treating your tellers like trash when they work hard for you.

Fair pay, little room for advancement.

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Westlake, TX
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Westlake, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere and friendly managers

Cons

Call Center environment. Little room to advance

Financial Advisor is a sales job, not a financial advice job.

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Schedule is flexible depending on your branch manager

Cons

Cold calls, old school sales

Actually setup advisors for success by giving them leads into potential business.

Loan Manager

Former Employee - Credit Manager in Lubbock, TX
    Former Employee - Credit Manager in Lubbock, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

easy work, compensation is good for what you are required to do. Many opportunities for overtime

Cons

If you have 'above average' intelligence or motivation...you will hate it. I only last 6 months.

Hire more competent individuals

Commercial Banking Relationship Manager

Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Relationship Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay, Flexibility, training, resources, platform

Cons

Credit process is tiring, very difficult to get a deal approved when you find one