Wells Fargo

7,103 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,551 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 283 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 138 reviews)

More Highlights

401 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Underpaid

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Dallas, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Time off after three years is three weeks. Nice

Cons

Ask for what you want in pay. My peers were making 10-15k more a year than me.

Stop having favorites and focus on your entire team.

Terrific experience with hands on learning on dept audits.

Current Employee - Internal Audit Intern in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Internal Audit Intern in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very flexible with work schedule. Big on diversity and volunteering. 8-5 job, not a lot of overtime compared to other internships.

Cons

Company gives you a lot of freedom, but sometimes getting guidance can be tough.

stressful

Former Employee - Phone Banker I in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Phone Banker I in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the best things about working at wells Fargo is the campus,the cafeteria,the benefits and the training was fun.the pay was great and I miss the pay.

Cons

the cons of working here were the sales pressure (as it was a customer service job taking inbound calls ), the sales goals we're not attainable or realistic and I often felt I was suffering mentally from all the stress -because no matter how hard I tried I wasn't able to make the stats on a weekly basis and my supervisor would make me feel bad,like I was gonna get fired for not getting enough transfer to sales.

there's unrealistic sales expectations,stop making employees feel lile they are gonna get fired if they can't make the goals and focus on helping the customer not selling the products and services they don't need.

Run Over By The Stage Coach

Former Employee - Branch Manager III in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Branch Manager III in Houston, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I would have to say the # 1 Pro to having worked at Wells Fargo would be it would make working anywhere else seem better. Its the one time in which the "grass is always greener..." slogan is actually true. To be fair I think that the disconnect with has occurred somewhere between San Francisco and Houston Retail.

Cons

The cons are MANY and they start right at the top of the Houston Autocratic Hypocritical Retail Sales Beast Machine. The out of this world unrealistic expectations placed on and disparaging treatment delivered to the Houston Region employees is despicable and dare I say, illegal. Look no further than the mass terminations in Los Angeles or even in Houston due to massive sales pressure.

John Stumpf and San Francisco you need to WAKE UP to what is happening in your branches and stop looking only at your QTD growth/revenue/profit/stock price. I assure you as you are doing that, I as well as other banks are taking and waiting with arms wide open as your clients unhappily walk away right along with your 70% employee turnover in your branches. We will gladly take those deposits and real relationships (NOT WIDGETS), Ironically I debated on writing this review, then I realized the same thing I realized when I worked for you, which happened to be the same reason why I left Wells Fargo. You really don't care.

Enjoyed the atmosphere

Former Employee - Service Manager II in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Service Manager II in Austin, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great team members, PTO is pretty good starting out and hours of bank are not bad at all.

Cons

Sales can be a little ridiculous but they are goals that can be reached all depending on how busy your store is

Run

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing at all this is a horrible company

Cons

Does not care about you nor your family

Care about life events that happen with your employees

It's all about the numbers, health care costs, and managing to mediocrity!

Former Employee - Supervisor in Westland, TX
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Westland, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co Workers are great. They mostly learn to keep their head down, and don't over perform. When they micro manage you, just nod a lot. Top performers and bottom producers are turned. So if you don't want to produce, you will do well! If you are average or below average, join the team for a few years. You get health insurance, but has a 20% co pay, so a typical hospital stay you'll be paying thousands $$$ in monthly payments for years.

Cons

Top performance leaders are turned, they make the poor upper managers look bad. Corporate wants everyone producing at top levels, but middle management seems to let those top people go, so they don't have to manage the dozen under performers. If you perform and make the rest of the people look bad, you have a target on your back. you will be termed. They make every customer calling into the call centers buy something. The pressure makes the agents transfer people to departments that had nothing to do with the reason they called in. The micor management week in and week out is governed by the unit or regional managers last conference call. That gives them the goal of the day, week or month. Next call, it changes. Since the merger a few years ago, they have become Wachovia. I think there was a reason Wachovia went belly up in 2009 and lost a fortune. And they retained HR people, policies, and procedures from Wachovia to manage Wells Fargo????

Leave the corporate office. Upper management came by once in 5 years. Some sites they have never visited. Some area managers and phone bank managers are so lost on what really happens in the customer service areas they just term people that have given years to the company. I have seen all but 1 of a dozen managers, leads, supervisors turned over a year to save health care costs and climate high performers. 40% to over 100% turnover over in customer service should tell you something.

Phone Banker Bilingual

Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Banker in Westlake, TX
    Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Banker in Westlake, TX

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Team members(fun to work with)
    Benefits

Cons

-Too much pressure on Sales
    -Focus more on numbers
    -Everybody is recognized more for their shortcomings instead of strengths
    -Everybody is a NUMBER, if you don't sell, you are a bad employee in their eyes
    -They focus more on sales rather than customer service

-Focus more on customer service and not so much sales

Interesting the second time around.

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Addison, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Addison, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good hard working people who pride themselves on doing a good job and they deserve better.

Cons

Lack of leadership (RAMP-Management) within the division or direction. It's like the decision makers have little to no clue about the mission or how to treat team members

Don't take yourselves so seriously you really don't have a clue about the real world or how to manage.

Sales

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Specialist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Specialist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Job security i.e. if you are an aggressive salesman.The benefits and the paid time-off are great as well

Cons

The company values its employees as long as they are go-getters. But you may loose your job if you have a bad 1 or 2 months.

Be more human