Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in Texas

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • The service is top rate to the customers and the work/life balance is very good (in 241 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 431 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 481 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment (in 111 reviews)

More Highlights
357 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great if it Wasn't just about Sales

Personal Banker I (SAFE) (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPeople are genuinely friendly
    Encouragement and support structure are awesome in the experience's I've had.
    Co-workers have been some of the nicest and honest people I have ever worked with
    Career opportunities are plentiful

ConsEverything rides on what sales you have
    Does not matter if you are in a market saturated with nothing but Wells Fargo. Sales are expected
    This leads to bankers doing shady things to make numbers so they can make bonuses or not get fired.
    Say that everything is about the customers but fail to realize that not all customer's need 100 products.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't shove sales down people's throats. A great customer experience will lead to sales organically.

We were hired in Feb. 2013 (Over 300) and terminated 5-6 months later

Mortgage Underwriter II (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThe pay and benefits were great

ConsWells Fargo is not very friendly to older workers; (over 50) particularly in the retail banking centers, Despite years of experience, they prefer much younger workers. They discriminate because of age!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the age discrimation in the area of hiring in retail banking centers. In particular, Personal Bankers.

Good Job, very micro managing

Customer Service (Former Employee) Westlake, TX

Prosschedules pretty good, if you get a good one right off the bat, if not you can wait and get another schedule after about 90 days in the job at least.
    Nice benifits
    Work isnt too bad. Its the regular call center, back to back calls most of the time.
    they have room to advance, alot of the time they pick favorites, but for the most part its equal for all

Consmicro managing
    Alot of managers just dont care about employees
    There is usually alot of gossip

Advice to Senior ManagementDont micromanage as much, and care more about your employees, stop favoritism

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Opportunity if within your reach.

Teller (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsVery professional. You get to learn how banking works.

ConsIt can get monotonous, very routinely and get boring doing the same thing every day for hours.

Advice to Senior Managementmore PTO.

Personal Banker

Personal Banker I (Former Employee) Pasadena, TX

ProsThe pay and hours are a positive in this job. It truly has great benefits for its employees (free accounts, fees waived, great insurance). If your into constant problem solving and digging for sales this job will meet your expectations.

ConsConstant pressure on selling products that consumers did not want. Being bilingual would greatly help you reach your goals.

Solid company overall

Personal Banker I (SAFE) (Current Employee) Wichita Falls, TX

ProsThe compensation and benefits are very good, but I've loved the connection I've had with my co-workers the most. Very tight knit work relationships.

ConsThe biggest con is the pressure of sales and goals.

Opportunity to learn .Net and SQL

Software Developer (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe pay is pretty good. The schedules to deliver are fair. You can work late if you like.

ConsBudget projection is very bad. I have seen many contractors guaranteed 12 to 18 month contracts but have been let go after a few months because management finally had time to see actually how many dollars are available in the budget, or management finally decides on what projects to pursue.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave budget plan in by October for the following year.

great solid place to work

Mortgage Underwriter III (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

Prosgood solid place to work at. long term employer

Conssometimes can be a "in the circle" advancement

Advice to Senior Managementshare all advancement opportunity's

Terrible

Regional Private Banker (Former Employee) Denton, TX

ProsThere are no pro's for Wells fargo

ConsCustomers and employee satisfaction are not on their list of importance. And they discriminate on age....unprovable, but obvious.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have little use for them

I had a great time there and gained valuable experience, it was challenging but I am glad I did it.

Personal Banker I (SAFE) (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI had the opportunity to work with great people who helped me develop and grow with the company. There are many opportunities to grow. The technology is up to date and activity updates very quickly. There are multiple ways to get assistance whether it be one of the many 1800 number or just by asking someone at your branch or another one.

ConsThe goals and objectives are a little out of reach sometimes. You have to have a great management team to understand that and help you out otherwise you will suffer greatly. Goals seem more important than everything else.

Advice to Senior ManagementLower goals and help focus on things that actually make the branch money.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!