Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in Texas

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • The service is top rate to the customers and the work/life balance is very good (in 241 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 431 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 481 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment (in 111 reviews)

More Highlights
357 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I had a great time there and gained valuable experience, it was challenging but I am glad I did it.

Personal Banker I (SAFE) (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI had the opportunity to work with great people who helped me develop and grow with the company. There are many opportunities to grow. The technology is up to date and activity updates very quickly. There are multiple ways to get assistance whether it be one of the many 1800 number or just by asking someone at your branch or another one.

ConsThe goals and objectives are a little out of reach sometimes. You have to have a great management team to understand that and help you out otherwise you will suffer greatly. Goals seem more important than everything else.

Advice to Senior ManagementLower goals and help focus on things that actually make the branch money.

No better banking institution

QA Analyst (Current Employee) Addison, TX

ProsThey genuinely care about their employees and their customers. Ethics and values are extremely important and emphasised to employees.

ConsOnly complaint would be the medical insurance that they provide now and really is just because it was not affordable for them not to change to it.

Overall good company and culture, however things vary greatly by business line and region

Store Manager III (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe company has so many different lines of business, that virtually any person could find a place to fit in regardless of degree (not that one is always required). The benefits are wonderful, and pid time off is probably one of the best I've ever seen.

ConsPay scale is below competition. Philosophy is the difference can be made up in incentive compensation. Unfortunately, attaining incentive compensation is made significantly more difficult every year. Only way to get decent pay increase is to leave and come back, or be an extremely high performer with an offer from another company.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Sales Oriented

Teller (Current Employee) Amarillo, TX

ProsInsurance Benefits for part-time workers. Extra cash incentives for employees who reach sales goals.

ConsThe company is very sales oriented so there are a lot of pressure on sales. This is the main cause for their turn over. You have to work till 2pm on Saturdays at some branches.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more sales training to employees at the beginning of employment.

Low Pay

Teller (Current Employee) Grand Prairie, TX

ProsThe training available is great

ConsLow pay for a lot of expectation by management

Needs improvement

Insurance Account Assistant (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsFlexibility, Company Values, Employee Benefits, events throughout the year in attempt to boost employee morale

ConsOffice was always short staffed, employees overworked and no OT allowed, poor office management, policy and procedures change constantly making it difficult to keep up with the work flow.

Satisfactory

Sales (Current Employee) Westlake, TX

ProsGood experience, knowlegible on financial products

ConsYour opinion does not matter, overworked and underpaid

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to feedback from employees

Goals vs Reality

Personal Banker I (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGood training and they do seem to care about your job satisfaction. They conduct surveys to check your job satisfaction and ask what they can do to make it better.

ConsSales goals are too high and they push calling people in the evening to set up appts. You are tied to one position and not allowed to move forward if you don't meet their unrealistic goal number for sales and appts. Care more about one more checking/savings account or CC/loan that whats best for the customer. Way too much micro-managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementGoals should be set according to population of area or location of branch. They use the same goals for everyone - whether you are in a large metropolitan or small rural city. With impossible goals you feel defeated.

Sales, sales, sales!!

Teller (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsNational company; makes it easy to transfer.

ConsThe only thing that matters to management is your sales numbers.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider other qualities in employees other than their sales performance.

It is okay.

Wells Fargo Bank (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat upward mobility, good training, personal growth, etc. Good amount of paid time off. Paid holidays, etc.

ConsThe sales goals are ridiculous. You have to work as hard as possible to meet minimum goals or minimal pay out. Ridiculously micromanaged. Even the managers are micromanaged by their managers, and it goes all the way up to the CEO I'm sure. Even our district manager is micromanaged.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey're okay. They are very last minute with everything.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!