Wells Fargo

7,127 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,561 Ratings

Pros
  • The work-life balance is good and I was able to see a number of interesting deals (in 283 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 488 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 565 reviews)

• work- life balance very difficult with the stress management gives to produce (in 138 reviews)

More Highlights

25 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Consumer Loan Underwriter

Former Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Consumer Loan Underwriter III in Washington, DC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Management and environment to work

Cons

Management in underwriting care more for quantity of loans not quality and there are a few good manager

Huge Operation, need more consideration from Suppervisors

RUN

Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Personal Banker I in Washington, DC

I have been working at Wells Fargo

Pros

good pay, decent benefits, okay co wooers

Cons

Sales sales sales.. thats all they care about! If a client already has a checking account, no worries give them another. Oh they don't have a credit card? Make sure they apply for one. They could care less about their clients financial needs.

Stop micromanaging, start listening and stop pushing product.

Decent company but slow advancement opportunities.

Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Customer Service and Sales Representative in Washington, DC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Big company, over-industry average pay.

Cons

More stressful on the East Cost, employees don't get a couple holidays (president's day, Columbus day), HR policy is inadequate so it's hard to move to another department, weak tuition reimbursement plan.

The private bank

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Older work force, really nice and helpful. Depending on manager you can work on projects across business lines. Large company so potentially to move around within the company almost endless

Cons

Older workforce. Private bank offices are usually satellite offices. Not that young of a workforce. Pay is pretty structured. Would have to leave and come back to have a higher salary than if one stayed

Need to attract younger workforce

Micromanagement

Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Personal Banker I in Washington, DC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for The bank when it was still pre-merger and was Wachovia. Then on Managers were motivational, lead by example and were good mentors. despite the challenge of the job it created a positive vibe in the workplace which resulted to efficiency.

Cons

I believe when it became Wells Fargo the bar was set higher sending the new store managers to breath under their own team's neck. The micromanagement was terrible. I saw my co-employees fall out one by one. the air around the store was just not ideal anymore coupled with the stress of the job. customers who had relationships with older employees were pissed to see they had to deal with new ones again. Relationship banking was not their forte.

Teamwork should be emphasized and the good leaders should be the managers. They ought to mentor never to bully. The cost you entail training and retraining new employees, the relationship built and had be rebuilt by the fast turnover of your employees will soon catapult back to your company. You are basically in sales and you ought to know by now that your employees are your biggest asset.

Do not bother wasting your time in this company. High stress and uneducated/unprofessional management

Former Employee - Regional Bank Private Banker in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Regional Bank Private Banker in Washington, DC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time

Pros

Large company if you like that!!

Cons

Very unprofessional management
    Numbers is the only one thing that are important
    A lot of pressure and expectation, high stress job
    Your good work would not be appreciated if you don't play the politics right

Get rid of those who think they know everything just because they have been with the company for so long. Save the new and energetic talent that bring on board. In my last 6 months, our region lost all the top bankers.

Inthe beginning it was nice

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Washington, DC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are some of the best

Cons

No opportunity for advancement in administrative

where to start? Workers are treated sub human - like meat to the slaughter. Easy come, easy go. That's why there's a super high turnover - EVEN in these times. Completely ANAL. They will write you UP about anything and everything. If you make a mistake, they will look for a reason to let you go. Trust Me...no matter how well you do your job, it's not good enough for certain executives. The worst thing is how the management treats you, and the things they say to you. I could go on and on - but if you're thinking of working for this company - DON'T DO IT! unless you love hating to go to work everyday - Love managers who love (literally) to make you miserable, love management who threaten to fire people every day (and do) etc, etc. If you LOVE micro management, you'll thrive here.

Store Manager

Former Employee - Store Manager II in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Store Manager II in Washington, DC

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Good company and lots of opportunity to advance.

Cons

Lots of pressure from Gallup customer service survey.

Lots of Broken Promises

Current Employee - Teller in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Teller in Washington, DC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay
    Good Benefits
    There is the opportunity to meet a lot of great people in the community.
    You can move almost anywhere in the country and stay with the company.

Cons

You are often micro-managed.
    There are reports for literally everything you do, so no matter how well you are doing at the majority of your job, there is something somewhere that says you need improvement.
    There were promises of upward mobility that were never realized.
    There is often way too much responsibility to offset how much your getting paid.

Stick around long enough to develop a team.

Extremely Unreachable Daily Sales Goals

Current Employee - Personal Banker in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Personal Banker in Washington, DC

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company ethics when it comes to employers, great pay, diverse company and many opportunities for promotion

Cons

The Daily sales goals will have you contemplating quitting every single day. No one lasts as long as upper management says you will. Turnover rate is insane. Managers put crazy pressure on you to produce to the point to do unethical things just to hit numbers. Managers will have you solicit random people and companies on a daily basis to get checking accounts. It extremely embarrassing and uncomfortable. There is no work/life balance. Be prepared to never see your family. Oh, and if you live in an area that can get harsh winters...be prepared to go in and stay all day even when its dangerous outside (i.e. snow, hail, hurricanes, etc. )

Make Realistic sales goals and focus more on providing excellent service instead of the constant pressure to meet numbers.