Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in Washington State

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • Work life balance is great with telecommuting option available(in 216 reviews)

• The company provides great benefits like health insurance, employee discounts etc(in 462 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products(in 470 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment(in 108 reviews)

74 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Meh

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Spokane, WA

ProsGood opportunity in certain fields within the company, especially if you are willing to relocate to one of the major business centers.

ConsMicro-management, lower than average compensation in certain positions.

Good entry level job to gain experience in sales and customer service

Teller (Current Employee) Silverdale, WA

ProsJob security is good as long as you meet their sales goals. There is opportunity to grow for hard working people. Also, co-workers and supervisors are for most part nice and helpful.

ConsSalary and incentive compensation are ridiculously low for their expectations. Very high sales goals and pressure from management to achieve them. It can be very challanging at times.

Great and rewarding

Store Manager III (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat leadership and vision. Always put the customer in front of every step.

ConsNot a lot of recognized performance. What have you done for me lately culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize achievements and milestones with passion. Don't let employees feel their work is unnoticed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Worst experience

Teller (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsSchedule working the 9-5 dream
    Getting the holidays off

ConsManagement cram sales goals down your throat granted I had no problems with hitting them but what you do today or last month gets thrown out the next day.
    Mind numbing morning meetings everyday coming in the half our early to cover same thing everyday....
    Hours upon hours of work and being the dictatorship of service managers that go on power trips
    Branch manager that and I quote if my friends and family didn't open up accounts with wells they weren't really my friends or family.
    Overall worst experience ever, every position is underpaid for the hoops and loops you have to hop to satisfy the management till the next day.. and quarterly "Gold" bonus is a joke

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen the reins

It's all about sales

Teller (Current Employee) Marysville, WA

ProsPaid training and a lot of paid time off. A lot of support to learn the company and procedures

ConsPromote minorities even when they don't deserve it, some employee get frustrated with you very quickly when you are new, they only care about sales...you can be the biggest jerk but if you can get sales they don't care. Management can be snobby and have an "us" and "them" attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake some focus off sales and put some emphasis on customer service...in banking there is more to the job than just sales.

Need to raise standards for incoming employees

Lead Teller (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsLots of young, energetic employees hungry for sales

ConsToo much sales pressure on managers to achieve goals who then pressure bankers and tellers

Advice to Senior ManagementThe verbal message is "Sales and Service" but the non-verbal message is "Sales, Sales, Sales."

Great

Home Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA

ProsManagement, supervisors and staff are all positive and supportive. Great benefits for health, time off, educational assistance. Regular automatic salary adjustments based on your performance. Good training and mentoring if you look to make WF your career

ConsThe hours can be challenging depending on the department. Performance standards are high but administered fairly. Banking involves lots of changes and flexibility is essential.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management needs to be more visible, visiting the sites at least twice a year and hold teleconferences in between.

Very stressful work place because of the Micromanagement!

Teller (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsBased on my experience, I think that helping people from different backgrounds is the only positive part.

ConsThe micromanagement by uneducated managers is very stressful. It made me hate the job and quit after few months. I hated the "one on one" meeting because the managers that I worked with used it to criticize every little thing I do rather than giving positive feedback. I suffered and cried a lot during the few months that I worked there since I am not used to be treated badly. The mangers that I worked with only had high school diplomas! they had no idea about neither being good mangers nor about treating their team well through a healthy management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring educated mangers can make a huge difference in the work place. District Managers should regularly meeting with tellers , listening to their concerns, giving them some space to express themselves and to give some suggestions will be very helpful. Giving positive feedback rather than criticizing tellers will make a huge difference in the work place. I never had a chance to express my concerns to the district manger since both the service manager and the branch manager would always be around her, and if try to say something they would give me a bad look and choose any silly reason to criticize me for the next day. I believe that when employees are treated well, they well treat customers very well.

Good part-time work for students.

Teller (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGives you a chance to learn about the financial services industry and values of money management. Somewhat flexible schedule with bonuses for reaching certain goals.

ConsCan be frustrating dealing with customers who are upset about their accounts. Highly sales driven, much of your evaluation is based on your sales.

Mortgage consultant

HMC (Current Employee) Olympia, WA

ProsWork team excellent, tools to do the job excellent

ConsPay scale
    some areas are taken up by senior employees

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!