Wells Fargo Reviews in Washington State

6,471 Reviews

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf
John G. Stumpf
3,239 Ratings

Pros
  • The service is top rate to the customers and the work/life balance is very good (in 241 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 431 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 481 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment (in 111 reviews)

More Highlights

81 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

solid company to work for with good benefits as well as career potential

Current Employee - Business Banking Specialist  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Business Banking Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

good career growth, lots of opportunity for top performers, good bonus compensation, many different career paths that you can take within company, puts customer at center of what they do

Cons

work/life balance, daily grind, weekend hours

pick a focus, structure bonuses around that focus

Great company

Former Employee - Former Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Former Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Management was great. The work life balance was awesome. The PTO and benefits package were better than most companies.

Cons

Multiple acquisitions and mergers causes departments and jobs to be relocated to east coast. As a corporation, they carry on the traditions of carrying more about the bottom line than their employees. WF needs to retain talented employees who really have the passion to serve clients.

Management should try to retain as much talented employees.

Wells Fargo Was Very Up front about the fact that they do not care about their Commissioned Mortgage Consultants

Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Home Mortgage Consultant in Everett, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They pay well based on the fact that ~50% of your business comes from their existing customers. Where else can Branch Managers and Mid-Level Managers make over $300,000 annually. No other industry that I know of.

Cons

Incompetent Mid-Level Management. No true commitment to customer service or caring about customers. They act like they care in the media and ads, but behind closed doors, it's all about dollars.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Meh

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good opportunity in certain fields within the company, especially if you are willing to relocate to one of the major business centers.

Cons

Micro-management, lower than average compensation in certain positions.

Good entry level job to gain experience in sales and customer service

Current Employee - Teller  in  Silverdale, WA
    Current Employee - Teller in Silverdale, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time

Pros

Job security is good as long as you meet their sales goals. There is opportunity to grow for hard working people. Also, co-workers and supervisors are for most part nice and helpful.

Cons

Salary and incentive compensation are ridiculously low for their expectations. Very high sales goals and pressure from management to achieve them. It can be very challanging at times.

Great and rewarding

Current Employee - Store Manager III  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Store Manager III in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great leadership and vision. Always put the customer in front of every step.

Cons

Not a lot of recognized performance. What have you done for me lately culture.

Recognize achievements and milestones with passion. Don't let employees feel their work is unnoticed.

It's all about sales

Current Employee - Teller  in  Marysville, WA
    Current Employee - Teller in Marysville, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Paid training and a lot of paid time off. A lot of support to learn the company and procedures

Cons

Promote minorities even when they don't deserve it, some employee get frustrated with you very quickly when you are new, they only care about sales...you can be the biggest jerk but if you can get sales they don't care. Management can be snobby and have an "us" and "them" attitude.

Take some focus off sales and put some emphasis on customer service...in banking there is more to the job than just sales.

Worst experience

Current Employee - Teller  in  Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Teller in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Wells Fargo part-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule working the 9-5 dream
    Getting the holidays off

Cons

Management cram sales goals down your throat granted I had no problems with hitting them but what you do today or last month gets thrown out the next day.
    Mind numbing morning meetings everyday coming in the half our early to cover same thing everyday....
    Hours upon hours of work and being the dictatorship of service managers that go on power trips
    Branch manager that and I quote if my friends and family didn't open up accounts with wells they weren't really my friends or family.
    Overall worst experience ever, every position is underpaid for the hoops and loops you have to hop to satisfy the management till the next day.. and quarterly "Gold" bonus is a joke

Loosen the reins

Very stressful work place because of the Micromanagement!

Former Employee - Teller  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Teller in Seattle, WA

I worked at Wells Fargo part-time for less than a year

Pros

Based on my experience, I think that helping people from different backgrounds is the only positive part.

Cons

The micromanagement by uneducated managers is very stressful. It made me hate the job and quit after few months. I hated the "one on one" meeting because the managers that I worked with used it to criticize every little thing I do rather than giving positive feedback. I suffered and cried a lot during the few months that I worked there since I am not used to be treated badly. The mangers that I worked with only had high school diplomas! they had no idea about neither being good mangers nor about treating their team well through a healthy management.

Hiring educated mangers can make a huge difference in the work place. District Managers should regularly meeting with tellers , listening to their concerns, giving them some space to express themselves and to give some suggestions will be very helpful. Giving positive feedback rather than criticizing tellers will make a huge difference in the work place. I never had a chance to express my concerns to the district manger since both the service manager and the branch manager would always be around her, and if try to say something they would give me a bad look and choose any silly reason to criticize me for the next day. I believe that when employees are treated well, they well treat customers very well.

Need to raise standards for incoming employees

Former Employee - Lead Teller  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Lead Teller in Seattle, WA

I worked at Wells Fargo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of young, energetic employees hungry for sales

Cons

Too much sales pressure on managers to achieve goals who then pressure bankers and tellers

The verbal message is "Sales and Service" but the non-verbal message is "Sales, Sales, Sales."

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!