Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo Reviews in West Des Moines, IA

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Wells Fargo President, CEO, and Director John G. Stumpf

John G. Stumpf

Pros
  • The service is top rate to the customers and the work/life balance is very good (in 241 reviews)

• They do have good benefits although they continue to degrade a little every year (in 431 reviews)

Cons
  • Sales goals that must be met whether the customer wants or needs the products (in 481 reviews)

• No work life balance, very stressful work environment derived from upper managerment (in 111 reviews)

More Highlights
34 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Financial Consultant

Financial Consultant III (Current Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsGreat and smart people to work with. Dedication to the company's success

ConsDifficult to find vertical advancement

The people weren't very pleasant, and neither was the company

Loan Servicing Specialist II (Former Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsA select handful of the people were as dissatisfied with the our supervisor, pay, and company policies/structure, that we survived. Misery loves company.

ConsThe pay was small, and the company was rather rigid and inflexible despite claiming to be "people focused." Many questions or suggestions were met with explanations or retorts that it is just "the way it is" and that was that.

Advice to Senior ManagementSee the employees more as people and less as drones.

Excellent Employer

Credit Analyst IV (Former Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsCompany offers many opportunities for Employment along with excellent benefits. Very good options to work at various sites. Some teams allow for employment based on remote access.

ConsSometimes the "teams" can be driven by personal opinion and not "company policy". Some Teams management picks employees as favorites and this becomes a detriment to individuals that are not considered favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways be open to constructive viewpoints from team members.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bad place

Collector I (Former Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsCoworkers, bonuses, helping people, no college degrees

Conseverything else is just bad.

Great place to work

Systems QA Analyst IV (Former Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsGreat people and great organization

ConsYet to experience in future.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetain talented individuals

safe

Risk Manager (Former Employee) West Des Moines, IA

Prosnot much stress at wells fargo

Consif you are driven, and you end up in the wrong department, the days can go very slowly

Overall, a positive work experience with a company that has high employee satisfaction.

EBusiness Analyst (Former Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsSurrounded by people who care about their role within the company. You are given great opportunities to move into other roles within the organization.

ConsSince it is such a large organization it can be stressfull at times to go through several different channels to get something accomplished. Not many cons about working for Wells Fargo.

Great People, Mundane work

Loan Servicing Specialist III (Current Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsGreat people to work with and great benefits. Really laid back environment.

ConsSome managers do not know the process of Foreclosure and it makes for finding a solution to problems pretty difficult. Pay is pretty low and they usually only hire through temp agencies.

Ops Analyst Review

Operations Analyst (Current Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsBig company, good benefits. Given the opportunity within business units potential for a lot of professional growth.

ConsIt is easy to become a number and the management hierarchy can cause a deficiency in communications and in turn cause people to feel not appreciated and leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open, be honest, be willing to listen, give feed back good or bad, daily.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Just another cog in the system...

Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) West Des Moines, IA

ProsI think Wells Fargo truly wants to rid themselves of the poor reputation they acquired in recent years, and they do make an effort to keep their employees happy. Ability for growth very apparent, which led to a lot of movement (both good and bad) within the department and company.

ConsTraining is insufficient, to say the least, and favoritism and cliques are very apparent. Definite lack of communication within the department, especially in terms of new hires getting up-to-speed on processes. Managers constantly strive for employees to meet "daily points," yet they distract them with constant chatter and events employees are required to participate in. Employees are all hired from employment agencies, and turn over is high.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize your employees are doing endless data entry and dealing with work that varies in terms of difficulty. Lay off the "daily points" system and focus on keeping your employees around for the long term.

Worked for Wells Fargo? Contribute to the Community!