Weltman Bernfield Reviews

3.3
Glenn Mikell
1 Rating

1. Fun, flexible atmosphere

I have been working at Weltman Bernfield full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like that I can work from home in the bad weather that we seem to get a lot lately. I also like the team-building and charity things that we do. There's often a lot of laughter and joking around the office. And the snacks and beverages in the break room are a plus.

Cons

As the firm continues to grow, and technology continues to change, it's hard to find solutions and policies that work best for everyone. Sometimes messages get lost in the shuffle.

Advice to Management

Keep working on clear communication and team-building. I think the firm is headed in the right direction.

Love the flexible environment

I have been working at Weltman Bernfield

Pros

I like the flexible schedule and the commitment to quality of life. I'm able to work from home when necessary. There is also the ability to grow and expand my role in firm.

Cons

For me, the only real con is the commute. Otherwise, any issues it has are no different from any other firm.

Advice to Management

Keep clear channels of communication open and continue to mentor staff

3. Not the place for me

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

I worked at Weltman Bernfield

Pros

They have nice office space. Many of the people that work there are nice - the facilities are very nice.

Cons

Management really doesn't treat people well, and tend to micromanage everything. There is a lot of lip service - they tell people what they want to hear but at the end of the day they don't follow through.

Advice to Management

Hire smart people and let them run with the ball. There is no worse place to work than somewhere that everything is micromanaged by an owner that doesn't know what they are talking about.

5. Mediocre place to work

I worked at Weltman Bernfield

Pros

Located in the suburbs and therefore not downtown. Work not demanding or complex.

Cons

Lots of partners, low actual staff leading to placing tremendous burden of work on staff. Many part-timers. They use this according to management for work flow, however it really is to obtain 'cheap labor'. Lots of partners, no room for advancement - although they will state they want to advance current employees, they rarely if ever do. Low compensation as a result of taking advantage of the current market - i.e. will be unable to retain any talented staff when market improves even marginally.

Advice to Management

Your management is very homogeneous. While the number of partners is high, it is ruled and influenced too strongly by very few individuals resulting in a herd mentality.

RSS Feed </> Embed