Wencor

www.wencor.com

Wencor Reviews

Updated Feb 10, 2014

Greg Beason

Good job with decent benefits.

Order Filler (Former Employee) Springville, UT

ProsFairly flexible schedule for students. If you are full time, the benefits are pretty good.

ConsMonotonous work in the warehouse.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere was some workplace politics and nepotism

Ridiculous and unmanaged.

Product Development (Former Employee) Springville, UT

ProsPay isn't bad, but isn't great. Don't expect much from a company that is incredibly mis-managed.

ConsThere are several, mostly including upper-management. I don't understand how these guys can dress themselves in the morning, let alone run a company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more employees and collaborate with HR.

Good starter job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Springville, UT

ProsWencor generally allows you to take time to do creative lean-thinking type projects. Wencor will give you plenty of responsibility and thereby allow you to show your strengths. Benefits are good, although they've dwindled a bit over the past few years. Many opportunities to share thoughts and ideas with managers. Overall, I had a very good experience at Wencor starting off my career.

ConsPay is on the lower side, even for what you'd expect in Provo, I think. But that lower pay has been generally paid off in job security under the Brent Wood era, but since it was bought out by a venture capital there's a little uncertainty, but the job security seems to have maintained for the short term at least.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew management: remember to put employees first and they will reward you for it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Work with some great people, in a decent company but management style is a bit primative but improving.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Springville, UT

ProsCushy job, never have to do more than 40 a week for salaried people, leave early on Fridays, and that day is fun. In-house cafe.

ConsThe pull to medocrity by the way the system works and the way people respond to it, it can be frustrating, but there are many others who feel the same way.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood job on the changes made over the past few years, there is still alot of change that needs to happen, but your headed in the right direction.

Bad place to work The first review is obviously by HR trying to look good.

Engineer (Current Employee) Springville, UT

Prosa paycheck, job security.....that's about it. Everyone sees this place as a paycheck/job and hope to move on. It's not a career.

Conswork environment, management, systems and resources, communication, growth

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees see the revenue made, and can easily see their contribution. They know they are making the fat man rich. Invest back into your employees, involve them in ideas and growth planning.

If you love rampant Nepotism and being treated like an indentured servant - Wencor is the place for you!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Springville, UT

ProsThere are many good people who work there but the management is clueless and arrogant.

ConsThe only way to get promoted or a raise at Wencor is to 1.) be related to the owner, OR 2.) take credit for the work of subordinates while not actually being productive at all, OR 3.) be willing to grovel, brown-nose & coddle the owner and all of his Vice President level children.

Forced to work on computers\software that went obsolete years ago. Windows 95 anyone?

Never being asked/told - thank you, good job, please,

Clique-ish, high-school like atmosphere and interdepartmental hostility and lack of cooperation.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees what they are worth. Wencor has lost a lot of highly skilled and seasoned talent because of this.

Reconsider you management structure. An effective manager should be able to know, explain and do all of the jobs of the employees under him or her.

Treat employees as assets and not liabilities.

Quit jumping over dollars to save a dime. The cheapest solution isn't always the most cost-effective over time.

Wencor, a leader in aviation parts and services

Product Manager (Current Employee) Springville, UT

ProsThe best reasons to work for Wencor are 1. They listen to your ideas for change. 2. They understand the employee is one of their most important assets. 3. They provide a fare compensation and benefits package. 4. The company provides needed products and services to the aviation industry.

ConsDue to being a small company, advancement opportunities don't come as often as one would like. Because the company is privately held, their are times when we should move forward with an aquistion but don't due to the conservative nature of the owner.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe a little more agressive in growth strategies. Open up with employees more on future projects so they can share in the excitment of these new opportunities.

Worked for Wencor? Contribute to the Community!