Wendy's

Wendy's Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Wendy's President and Chief Executive Officer Emil Brolick

Emil Brolick

Pros
  • Overall, good first job to hold(in 13 reviews)

• Good starter job for teens to learn basic customer service skills in a fast paced environment(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst part is the fact that you're making minimum wage for all of the stuff you put up with(in 32 reviews)

• Long hours, smelly clothes, no room for advancement working for a Franchisee(in 30 reviews)

hard work not enough pay

Co Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

Prosmeet lots of great people
    fast pace
    time goes fast
    always changing never the same thing twice
    good food

Conslow pay
    long hours
    poor treatment
    people always call in
    no raises
    no benefits unless in management
    get tired of food
    best is never good enough

Advice to Senior Managementpay more
    treat people better

A fast, paced work environment with high demand customers.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

Proswork experience for people with first jobs
    flexible hours

Conspromotions
    pay discrepancies
    high demand customers
    little excuse for a simple mistake
    high stress

Advice to Senior ManagementStop putting all responsibility of crew members for things that they can not control such as the speed that a customer decides to leave the restaurant.

It was very interesting.

Cashier (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsYou receive discount on food.

ConsIt doesn't pay enough money.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good First Job

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) Corona, CA

ProsThe company was very flexible with my work schedule and was AMAZING when it came to upholding quality standards and cleanliness.

ConsCorporate enforced way too many micro-managing rules that made it harder to serve the customer to the appropriate level. Most complaints came from customers not liking rules we had to follow (the alarm that shrilled if the car sat in the drive thru too long, employees not allowed to void an item without manager approval).

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up on voids. Everyone would have a better time.

General Manager

General Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsFlexible schedules, great team atmosphere, personal development, clear career path, opportunities to network and build relationships with people.

ConsThe crew are really undervalued and treated as a pool for potential managers. Lots of pressure on management team to retain people, but without any benefits, vacation or service rewards, there's little reason for them to stay on once trained.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in the crew.

Not just a job...family

General Employee (Current Employee) Somerset, KY

ProsThey work with all your needs on schedules. I am able to go to college and hold a full time position.

ConsAlot of drama and nonsense, feels like high school all over again.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with more respect. Understand they have a life..not just to work there. Also, keep the drama down.

Fun for high school and college.

Crew Member (Former Employee)

ProsMy schedule was flexible (meaning I pretty much got the time off that I needed), my coworkers were hilarious and I always had a good story to tell people about the drive thru.

ConsLate nights, poor pay and bad training.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe District Manager needed to drug test some of these managers because one did drug deals right on the lot and would smoke weed in their car and then freak out for no reason. Also, if you guys trained your whole staff to do every position, you wouldn't have problems of finding people to operate stations, like drive thru.

Lots of work

Prosgood pay and great mannagers

Consstupid people who don't do there job

Too much work for little pay, no benefits and very high, impractical time expectations.

Crew Member (Current Employee) Kissimmee, FL

ProsFriendly staff,50% off discounts,good ice cream,

Cons12hr shifts, very poor training,worked way too hard for a minor, constantly getting hurt with the machines due to such a small kitchen,lack of good scheduling, expected to just figure everything out without being taught, favoritism with work hours,rude costumers,crazy exceptions, 1 sandwhich maker doing drive-thru and dine-in but is still expected to get an order out in 120secs.

Advice to Senior Managementschedule properly and fairly,appreciate employees,help out during rushes, and pay attention to what employees ask of them.

General Manager

General Manager (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

Prospay was good managers eat free

Conslong hours District Managers do not support the manager they care more about speed of service in drive thur then customers

Advice to Senior Managementwork close with District Managers to make sure they give the support to the General Managers that they need

Worked for Wendy's? Contribute to the Community!