Wendy's

Wendy's Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Wendy's President and Chief Executive Officer Emil Brolick

Emil Brolick

Pros
  • Good first job and had a family environment (in 14 reviews)

• Good starter job for teens to learn basic customer service skills in a fast paced environment (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • The cons to working at Wendy's is that it's hot in the back and it is usually for long hours (in 32 reviews)

• The worst part is the fact that you're making minimum wage for all of the stuff you put up with (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights

No breaks
    Inconsiderate managers
    Hard work
    Low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more considerate to the crew members we get paid less to do more work

Poor managing skills and lack of communication

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Mandeville, LA

ProsBest insurance I ever had.

ConsThe management was horrible. I would never work under that particular manager again. I never missed work unless I was sick or death in the family and they act like they couldn't understand.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn some people skills

Hated it

Crew Member (Former Employee) Clifton Park, NY

ProsDecent first job, easy to learn

ConsRude management, corruption, don't care about workers, long hours, horrible pain

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your workers or you wont have any left

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Discriminatory, poor food safety & impossible to advance unless you "play ball" with their highly illegal methods.

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are a white, main stream looking man or woman with a clean record the hiring process is quick & easy. Advancement is quickly attainable as well.

ConsI was a shift supervisor for a from 2009-2013, as such I had been asked to change employee time punches. Taking away hours worked, adding breaks that were not given, adjusting minor time punches to avoid violations. I have been asked to remove overtime from one pay period & tack the additional hours onto the next. I was also told that if a cashier's drawer is short that I (as a manager) need to have the cashier put the money back in the drawer from their own pocket.
    The hiring practices are abysmal & very discriminatory. If you have anything in the way of a record they would not consider you for hire, no smokers, no tattoos, no piercings. Men with long hair or facial hair have been denied employment for no other reason. Single mother's we're discriminated against because "they won't be reliable".
    Food safety is constantly thrown to the wayside in effort to control food costs & waste. Time & temperature controls are forged or ignored alltogether.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm not sure how this can be fixed. I know that over the years I have been put in situations that made me incredibly uncomfortable & I was put in those situations by my direct supervisors (GM, DM & RM)
    This was once an amazing company run by an equally amazing & inspiring man. After the death of Dave Thomas things got worse & worse. This company has forgotten the morals & standards on which it was built. It breaks my heart, I had the great pleasure of meeting Dave in our corporate office & that is a conversation & a presence I won't soon forget.

Boring

ProsNun no hours no friendly people no clean store

ConsMany problems no clean store many problems

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn more

horrible never ever again

Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) Twinsburg, OH

Prosyou get a pay check thats honestly the only pro I have

Consthey overwork you, they have unrealistic demands, they dont provide enough training, they pay is not sufficent

its fast food what do you expect

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is a job and not much else

ConsI really don't need to elaborate do I?

Good starting management job, but not a long term commitment.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Monroe, MI

ProsGood starting management job.

ConsVery low staffing in some stores, hard to stretch every position, unrealistic goals and will sometimes expect you to work off clock.

You're better off getting an "actual" job.

Crew Member (Former Employee) Sunbury, OH

ProsThe team members made dealing with entitled customers a lot easier.

ConsEverything else.
    When I approached management about a raise, they told me I was replaceable. I decided to be replaceable someplace else.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn proper people skills, and give your employees something to work towards. Otherwise we'll get jaded and won't even care if the customer got the right food.

The management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI honestly don't know any pros to working at Wendy's. The only good thing is you meet some nice people.

ConsThe management is rude and inconsiderate towards its employees. You aren't aloud to laugh. They have little to no respect for the employees but they expect all the the respect in the world.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart showing your employees respect to get the respect that you think you deserve!!

Worked for Wendy's? Contribute to the Community!