Wendy's Reviews

Updated October 20, 2014
3.1

Wendy's President and Chief Executive Officer Emil Brolick
Emil Brolick

Pros
  • A fast paced working environment, get to meet people your age (in 27 reviews)

• Flexible hours- they worked with my high school and college schedule (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst part is the fact that you're making minimum wage for all of the stuff you put up with (in 41 reviews)

• The cons to working at Wendy's is that it's hot in the back and it is usually for long hours (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

Don't do it!

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am a shift leader with this restaurant. I work with very kind and interesting people. I also get to meet a lot of great customers, who are fantastic.

Cons

I was told I would receive a pay raise twice during my employment- one for completing manager training and another for transferring stores. I have not seen a cent of that pay raise. The people I work for are cold and self-involved. They only care about you when there;s going to be an inspection or something. I am leaving this company ASAP.

Pay your management what they're worth. Try to understand that they cannot oversee every single thing every single person does.

Glad I am not longer employed

Current Employee - Crew Member in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's an okay job just to get some work experience. You may meet a few good people but then again you may meet a lot of shady people

Cons

The company is selfish and doesn't support their employees, but expect for you to bend over backwards with mistreatment. Pay isn't good, raises aren't sufficient

Remember your employees are human beings and not machines to be over worked

the management is freaking terrible

Former Employee - Crew Member in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Corona, CA

I worked at Wendy's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

some of the crew was nice, food was half off, free soda all shift long

Cons

the customers are extremely rude, the management sucks all the way upto human resources, you can never get a straight answer from anyone

stop being so rude to your employes, treat them as you wish you would want to be treated, and promote the ones who deserve to be promoted instead promoting based on who you like

I increased my knowlegde on working a great profit and losses.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager Fast Food in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager Fast Food in Durham, NC

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Meeting new people and simply having conversations with customers.

Cons

Crew members calling out every week consistantly.

When carrying out disciple, follow thru on what is expected.

Working there was fun, but the management sucks. A lot of favoritism.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Meridian, ID
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Meridian, ID

I worked at Wendy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was really fun overall, if you're just looking at the job itself and not the people. A lot of regulars that are super nice and mostly cute old couples. It's still kind of a family place.

Cons

The training was not great, it was short and sweet, but there is a LOT they don't teach you that you just have to figure out yourself by getting yelled at by the manager.

They need to communicate better with their employees instead of just expecting them to know what they're doing. Don't scream at people just because you're upset.

supervisor in tranning

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

easy to handle shift and count safe money very flexible schedule and also fun part to learn everything you learn lot through customer service experiences and its easy to get promote, you have to be very proactive

Cons

its not a office job for sitting down ,some times wrong hiring new people can get frustrated and you to work really hard to stuff for your promotion certificate and we learn course it get also boring

employes should get a paid vacation after 3 months working

customer service/dining room/cashier

Current Employee - Dining Room in Jacksonville, IL
    Current Employee - Dining Room in Jacksonville, IL

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

if you work hard it will cover up what you lack in skills.

Cons

started cashier-bad move on my part I moved. dining room attendant drive thru runner

front line workers swears in front of customers.

cashier

Current Employee - Fast Food Cashier in Davenport, FL
    Current Employee - Fast Food Cashier in Davenport, FL

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was excited to see on your website that you feature employees talking about how great it is to work for your company. These days so many people seem to hate where they work for one reason or another. It's wonderful to see that your employees are proud to talk about how much they love their jobs."

Cons

Listen to every member. The extent to which you genuinely hear others will increase confidence, acceptance, and success. Problems are more easily solved when people keep an open mind and listen to others' perspectives. Listening carefully to others also helps us understand and appreciate how group members feel and think.

If you are not absolutely clear and provide the clarity needed for all to understand, you will have a confused team. They will not truly understand the mission, vision, and goals. Confusion turns into anxiety, which then turns into fear. Your team clearly needs to know what is expected of them, the value of their strengths, and the actions you will take to achieve the objective. With the information you will learn throughout this course, you will be able to confidently implement the necessary actions for the team to achieve the objectives and goals.

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Riverview, FL
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Riverview, FL

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A good environment to work in.

Cons

Dealing with customers all day every day.

Don't work here.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Grand Island, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Grand Island, NY

I worked at Wendy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly crew members, rules aren't very strict as long as you do what you're supposed to do, free food, flexible hours. If you work hard you will probably be offered a position as a manager, but god forbid you have a life or go to school because you will have to work at least 36 hours a week, or you will be demoted.

Cons

Though most of the people you will be working with will be young and friendly (around the age of 20), including managers, there will be a select few members of management who haven't managed to do anything with their lives by the age of 40. These people, for the most part, will hate themselves and will definitely hate you. The ignorance of the staff is palpable, average IQ of the Wendy's Worker = 20, if that. They also have a written policy of "giving reviews", which states that for every six months an employee has worked, they will meet with a manager to discuss their work ethic and the guarantee of a raise if they are performing properly. I was well liked by most of the managerial staff, and after an entire year, I, and three other employees who had been there much longer, were finally given a raise, most employees around me, including those who had been working there for more than three years, however, never received a raise, and probably never will. The rules set in place also allow managers to pick favorites. If you were able to understand the entirety of this review, and still believe that applying is a good idea, congratulations, you will be the most competent and intelligent member of the staff, be prepared to be tasked with extra work, because god knows, most of the staff can't even perform the tasks which appear in their job description.

Stop doing a terrible job of running a business. No matter how much "product" will be lost, serving expired food is completely unacceptable.