Wendy's Reviews

Updated October 30, 2014
3.1

Wendy's President and Chief Executive Officer Emil Brolick
Emil Brolick

Pros
  • A fast paced working environment, get to meet people your age (in 27 reviews)

• Flexible hours- they worked with my high school and college schedule (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst part is the fact that you're making minimum wage for all of the stuff you put up with (in 42 reviews)

• The cons to working at Wendy's is that it's hot in the back and it is usually for long hours (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

nice place to work part-time,

Current Employee - Sandwich Maker in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Sandwich Maker in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

flexible scheduling for college students

Cons

the pay isn't the greatest, and you must be standing your entire shift

service oriented

Former Employee - Assistant Manager Fast Food in Webster, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager Fast Food in Webster, TX

I worked at Wendy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wendy's is a stable employer, with many locations to choose from. Wendy's has advancement opportunities.

Cons

Food Service has a lot of pitfalls, no matter what restaurant it is. A lot of goals are in place and not a lot of support for new people, in smaller franchises.

always be training your replacement.

Great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

This place is really Great

Cons

This place is really Great

its okay for a job that you need more during school

I worked at Wendy's

Pros

I cant really think of any because there probably wasn't any at the time.

Cons

made a mistake on taking this job as my first job.

Long and strenuous years of hard work that wont pay off!

Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - Shift Supervisor in Riverside, CA

I worked at Wendy's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Vacation, Sick, Personal Days, Bonus if you make enough, some insurance, 401 k match

Cons

Won't ever get promoted within. Takes forever. 5 plus years and nothing to show for it!

Promote within and be much more nice, caring, respectful to your people!

I Greet The Customers & Collect Payments

Current Employee - Wendys in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Wendys in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cause I Work Cause I Need To Save Up For My Things Cause Im A Senior And Finna Gradaute Its My Last Year In High School

Cons

Ive Only Been At Wendy's For 2 In A Half Months In About To Be 3 Pretty Soon

Don't Be Rude To The Customers
    Don't Steal
    Have A Positive Attitde & Be On Your Best Behavior

It's a trap.

Current Employee - Crew Member in Fredericksburg, VA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Fredericksburg, VA

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

- Coworkers
    - 50% discount (only 30 minutes before your shift, during your shift and 30 minutes after your shift. It also has to be just for you, (they wont let you use your discount if they think it's for someone else or that you are going to share it)
    -Free soda on shift and you can take home a cup of soda everyday if you want.

Cons

- Back when I was new I'd get yelled at by management in front of customers because I was not being trained properly at the time.
    - Getting a day off is like pulling teeth. I was hired as a part time employee but was expected to work +30 hours at 6 days a week. When asked for more than 2 days off a week I was told "We will see what we can do."
    - Management ignores people who specify that they cannot work certain days.
    -They would call you in even if you were sick or had requested the day off. (even if you are contagious)
    - You almost never get to leave one time. If I get scheduled to leave at 5:00 it's not uncommon to leave at 5:45. It's not uncommon to be asked to stay until * or 10 when your ride is already there and you are ready to leave, it's not uncommon to find out that even though you were scheduled to leave at 5 your replacement does not come until 6, and you can't leave until your replacement comes. This is extremely disrespectful to any employee, but even more so for people who have to depend on other people for rides, or people who need to be home with there children and have to pay expensive late childcare fees for being late.
    - They would change the schedule constantly, one time they gave me and another employee a talking to for being 30 minutes late. They had changed the schedule after we had left (at 10pm on a Wednesday) and had the audacity to tell us that it was our responsibility to check every single day whether or not we were scheduled and when we were scheduled.
    - Getting a break is hit or miss (I more often had to stand at my position for my entire shift and depending on how busy the restaurant is also tells you if you get a meal break or even a bathroom break. I once worked a 10 hour shift with no restroom or meal break)
    - Customers can be a nightmare (Once an old man tried to throw a cup of chilli on me because it was "too soupy")
    - If you don't get a break your only consolation is a free JR sandwich and a value fry (which you can get yourself for $.50)
    - Stressful (one time a coworker passed out at the fry station because of my stores strict "anyone who moves position between 11am and 2pm is done" policy
    - Management sometimes messes with your hours (even though they almost never give out breaks, they sometimes go back and say you had a break when you didn't. (especially if you are close to overtime) This makes you lose money, and If you work here, you NEED to keep your clock in receipt, any break receipts, and your clock out receipts every single day). This has been a problem on more than one occasion.
    - Sometimes people are promoted who don't deserve it. This is a company with a high turnover. Odds are, if you are at least mildly good at your job and stay long enough, you will be offered a promotion eventually. In my particular store, there was a manager (not to name names let's call him J) J was only kind of good at unloading the truck and front register, even though he often forgot to hand out cups. He was painfully slow at everything else and couldn't be put anywhere else. He was made a manager because he was will the store since it opened. I was even offered a promotion, even though I know I don't have those kinds of leadership skills.
    - A lot of times people who deserve to be disciplined are not. The same manager I mentioned before, J, was a devout Mormon who once refused to sell a customer cup of coffee stating "Sorry I can't. It's against my religion". Nothing was said to him. Another time a man who was a crew member, let's call him M, had a habit of touching female crew members inappropriately. When confronted he would deny it. Eventually he had his hours cut for a few weeks but then was welcomed back with open arms from management.
    - A smile is apart of your uniform. You are expected to smile all day every day for every single customer no matter what even if the previous customer made you cry.
    - The coworkers you love will leave you. High turnover rate and the drama from management gets to just about everyone.

Terrible Terrible I would never recommend anyone work there

Current Employee - Fast Food Cashier in Joliet, IL
    Current Employee - Fast Food Cashier in Joliet, IL

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The food of course way better quality than any other fast food place like McDonald's or Burger King

Cons

Unprofessional work environment not one out of ten entry level employee stay.

Teach your employees and new managers how to work together and not complain because nobody cares

Great job for while your in school

Former Employee - Crew Member in Fishkill, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Fishkill, NY

I worked at Wendy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

They work around your schedule and they pay you more then minimum wage. Co-workers and managers were wonderful and great management is actually on the line helping the crew out either with making sandwiches or salads or doing the fires or handling the drive threw

Cons

Typical fast food place and some of the costumers were very rude and leave there garbage for you to pick up after them

None you all are doing a wonderful job!

the management is freaking terrible

Former Employee - Crew Member in Corona, CA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Corona, CA

I worked at Wendy's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

some of the crew was nice, food was half off, free soda all shift long

Cons

the customers are extremely rude, the management sucks all the way upto human resources, you can never get a straight answer from anyone

stop being so rude to your employes, treat them as you wish you would want to be treated, and promote the ones who deserve to be promoted instead promoting based on who you like