Wendy's

Updated November 26, 2014
Updated November 26, 2014

Wendy's President and Chief Executive Officer Emil Brolick
Emil Brolick

Pros
  • A fast paced working environment, get to meet people your age (in 30 reviews)

• Flexible hours- they worked with my high school and college schedule (in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst part is the fact that you're making minimum wage for all of the stuff you put up with (in 45 reviews)

• The cons to working at Wendy's is that it's hot in the back and it is usually for long hours (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights

know what your signing up for... slavery ended many years ago so indentured servants

I worked at Wendy's

Pros

Wendys is great lots of variety and hours to work

Cons

current franchisee npc isn't the same company as wendys forget benefits unless your asst. manager or above even then your better off at a call center

treat people as assets not servants with pay

Summer job, home from college

Former Employee - Crew Member in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Crew Member in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Wendy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work-life balance, company values, quality of food, that's about it. The company values customers and they follow that "the customer is always right" crap. They are super strict about sanitation and food preparation too, Wendy's is the only fast-food restaurant I eat from.

Cons

It was a mediocre job to say the least, I worked there for a month and a month too long. It's fit for high school students; The hours sucked, I barely made $200 biweekly. For someone just working to make a few dollars that's okay but for a young adult with bills and such, it's not the job for you. The position doesn't require much, just be super nice to customers and smile no matter what they say to you.

its okay for a job that you need more during school

I worked at Wendy's

Pros

I cant really think of any because there probably wasn't any at the time.

Cons

made a mistake on taking this job as my first job.

work/life balance is good but unprofessionalism abounds within the team and management

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to provide a pleasant and full customer service experience, not only to the customers but to coworkers and management; who are customers as well

Cons

minimum wage

not enough hours (and because of this, benefits shouldn't be only relegated to employees working over 30 hours)

dysfunctional working environment because of kids who work here have a "don't care" attitude. Foul language, un-kept appearance and unprofessional demeanor

Dave Thomas' values aren't upheld for the most part (only a few individuals do)

Lead and treat your team as if they are your customers

Don't do it!

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor

I have been working at Wendy's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I am a shift leader with this restaurant. I work with very kind and interesting people. I also get to meet a lot of great customers, who are fantastic.

Cons

I was told I would receive a pay raise twice during my employment- one for completing manager training and another for transferring stores. I have not seen a cent of that pay raise. The people I work for are cold and self-involved. They only care about you when there;s going to be an inspection or something. I am leaving this company ASAP.

Pay your management what they're worth. Try to understand that they cannot oversee every single thing every single person does.

Glad I am not longer employed

Current Employee - Crew Member in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Crew Member in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's an okay job just to get some work experience. You may meet a few good people but then again you may meet a lot of shady people

Cons

The company is selfish and doesn't support their employees, but expect for you to bend over backwards with mistreatment. Pay isn't good, raises aren't sufficient

Remember your employees are human beings and not machines to be over worked

supervisor in tranning

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Wendy's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

easy to handle shift and count safe money very flexible schedule and also fun part to learn everything you learn lot through customer service experiences and its easy to get promote, you have to be very proactive

Cons

its not a office job for sitting down ,some times wrong hiring new people can get frustrated and you to work really hard to stuff for your promotion certificate and we learn course it get also boring

employes should get a paid vacation after 3 months working

Working there was fun, but the management sucks. A lot of favoritism.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Meridian, ID
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Meridian, ID

I worked at Wendy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was really fun overall, if you're just looking at the job itself and not the people. A lot of regulars that are super nice and mostly cute old couples. It's still kind of a family place.

Cons

The training was not great, it was short and sweet, but there is a LOT they don't teach you that you just have to figure out yourself by getting yelled at by the manager.

They need to communicate better with their employees instead of just expecting them to know what they're doing. Don't scream at people just because you're upset.

Don't work here.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Grand Island, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Grand Island, NY

I worked at Wendy's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly crew members, rules aren't very strict as long as you do what you're supposed to do, free food, flexible hours. If you work hard you will probably be offered a position as a manager, but god forbid you have a life or go to school because you will have to work at least 36 hours a week, or you will be demoted.

Cons

Though most of the people you will be working with will be young and friendly (around the age of 20), including managers, there will be a select few members of management who haven't managed to do anything with their lives by the age of 40. These people, for the most part, will hate themselves and will definitely hate you. The ignorance of the staff is palpable, average IQ of the Wendy's Worker = 20, if that. They also have a written policy of "giving reviews", which states that for every six months an employee has worked, they will meet with a manager to discuss their work ethic and the guarantee of a raise if they are performing properly. I was well liked by most of the managerial staff, and after an entire year, I, and three other employees who had been there much longer, were finally given a raise, most employees around me, including those who had been working there for more than three years, however, never received a raise, and probably never will. The rules set in place also allow managers to pick favorites. If you were able to understand the entirety of this review, and still believe that applying is a good idea, congratulations, you will be the most competent and intelligent member of the staff, be prepared to be tasked with extra work, because god knows, most of the staff can't even perform the tasks which appear in their job description.

Stop doing a terrible job of running a business. No matter how much "product" will be lost, serving expired food is completely unacceptable.

decent pay but you have to work 48 hours a week to get it.

I have been working at Wendy's

Pros

bonus every month if you hit your numbers, so extra money is good

Cons

don't get a break as a manager, on the go all day!