Werner Enterprises

Werner Enterprises Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Werner Enterprises Vice Chairman and CEO Gregory L. Werner

Gregory L. Werner

Pros
  • Lots of miles if you are willing to work for them(in 4 reviews)

• They have an excellent training program(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for their drivers especially if you are a minority(in 6 reviews)

• Very high stress/pressure and long hours(in 5 reviews)

VERY POOR

Trailer Tech (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosthere are no good reasons to work here

Cons5 interviews with no results

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your GRA GAR Company together.... very poor management there!!!!!

OTR Driver - Eastern Regional

Eastern Regional (Former Employee) Allentown, PA

ProsEasy hire on, quick to work

Consthe pay/compensation was low for what was expected of you

Advice to Senior Managementmore pay to the drivers for everything, like dead head miles, pay for waiting on/with a load,

DO NOT work for this company! They do not care about their employees or their drivers on the road. BAD employer

Breakdown Agent (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsThere is none! Ask anyone who works at Hills Bros trucking because they all left from there

ConsThere are too many to list!! DO NOT work for this company. worst decision I ever made!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is the problem!! After Daddy gave ownership to the Kids the company went to hell

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They treat you very poorly when it comes to pay, I've been driving over 10yrs

Truck Driver (Current Employee)

ProsThey promote safety, but its up to you according to them...

ConsVery low pay for their drivers especially if you are a minority.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop running company like the mafia

untrustworthy in what they offer to students and graduates in the trucking ingustries

Regional Motor Freight Carrier (Former Employee)

Prosi feel that the pros don't weigh here none that I can think of

Conslack of communication throughout the whole company

Advice to Senior Managementget with the program of who moves the freight and there needs

Great Starter Job

Driver (Former Employee) Bessemer, AL

ProsThe training program is good. I had a good trainer that was patient. I only recommend that when you sign on with them please specify that you want a company driver. I heard nightmare stories about owner operators trainers. I left a better driver due to the training program.

ConsMy experience was my truck stayed in the shop half the time and I only got a loaner one time. The Dollar General account calls for hard labor and a lot of down time due to old trailers. The money is good. Was not getting paid for all my trips so stay on your fleet manager and keep up with your trip packs. this is a true on the job experience. Do not be afraid to get Driver relations involved. Oh on the Dollar General account the trainers are going to be getting most of the loads due to having a trainee help with the driving.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the upper management the DG account could be a good one for new drivers if you are more honest and give this dedicated account some good trucks to go with the terrible trailers. Have some layover pay for this account while waiting on trailers on Monday and Thursday.

I learned a lot with werner, on safty.

OTR Driver (Former Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsTo get experious and learn the bussiness. " If you can make it here you can make it anywere" . It's true, I learned alot from werner. Plus a few hard ass instuctors to make it clear that safty is always number one. If you know so much about trucking then you wouldn't be here.

ConsSome od the dishpatchers do'nt care becouse they do'nt have the trucking experiance.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out on the road with the truckers and you might understand the problens that accure. Be like that show undercover boss.

Their eqipment and facilities are great, but relations with management and pay is disappointing.

OTR Driver (Former Employee) Lithia Springs, Douglas, GA

Prosif you are a student, right out of school and need experience, Werner is the place to be. Their training program is not the best, but you will get the experience you need.Their focus is on getting students and after that, you're on your own.

Consmanagement is very unorganized, and of course, like most trucking companies, they promise the world and deliver dirt. be always skeptical of any promise made by a trucking company, be prepared.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your promises or don't make them. Take into consideration the fact that you are dealing with new drivers when planning a priority and communicate more effectively to help build the confidence of the rookie driver.

bad

OTR Driver (Current Employee)

Prosnone i hated this job bad trucks

ConsI drove 3 months for free for these people and got nothing but hasseled for it.

Advice to Senior Managementquit

It was a good experience overall They are a stable company and getting bigger

OTR Dedicated Driver (Former Employee) Rome, NY

ProsFor the most part they have decent equipment and maintained well enough They have a lot of benefits which can be accessed on line. They have a very knowledgeable staff that a driver has access to 24hrs a day. They have an excellent training program.

ConsThere are a few drivers that don't do there jobs properly and make it harder for others to do there jobs. It can be difficult to locate empty trailers that are in good repair sometimes but issues can be resolved quickly

Worked for Werner Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!