Werner Enterprises

Werner Enterprises Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Werner Enterprises Vice Chairman and CEO Gregory L. Werner

Gregory L. Werner

Pros
  • Lots of miles if you are willing to work for them(in 4 reviews)

• They have an excellent training program(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low pay for their drivers especially if you are a minority(in 6 reviews)

• Very high stress/pressure and long hours(in 5 reviews)

Good place to start a career.

ProsGreat employees. Family atmosphere

ConsHigh Stress. Very long hours.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Good Training Company

Driver (Former Employee) Alachua, FL

ProsGood job to let you see the country

ConsNot enough money for the labor

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider paying better stop/unloading pay

good training company

Driver (Former Employee) La Canada, CA

Prosgood training company with good trainers

Consdriver managers indifferent to needs of drivers

Advice to Senior Managementschedule more home time and allow the driver to take it

]

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They suck

OTR Driver (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

Prosnothing here to brag on

ConsThey cheat you every chance they get.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire new management!

Awesome experience

Java Developer II (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsManagement loves their position. Full of enthusiasm. It's been a pleasure to work for them and am very happy to have got to know them.

I have been treated very well. They fully understood the learning curves of an employee new to their career, company and industry. They had been very patient with me as I grew into the position and literally would pull me to the side to find out how I am doing and repeatedly told me to come to them for any needs.

My confidence is sky high because of their outreach and management style. So much so that I have never before believed such a great work environment exists. Still having a hard time forthcoming it today. I am driven to want to work extra for these guys even though it is not expected of me.

I literally just gave a much lowers opinion in a review just now for a previous company which stands in deep contrast to my opinion of Werner. No incentive to post this other than to give credit where it is due.

They are very flexible too.

ConsMy pay was decent for my experience level. Still far below what other Werner developers have been making. So to be fair, I was compensated my fair market value.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the great experience. Thanks for everything!

Good company for the beginner!

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat environment to begin your career! Better to be in a great, in-demand area of the country to get the really good, dedicated accounts for better pay!

ConsNot enough miles at times for the new driver!

werner- W e E mploye R ookies N o E xperience R equired

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNice Clean Terminals, Nice Showers, Plenty Good Management, Net Opps

ConsThe pay is horrible!
    Werner is lowest pay in the industry!
    They put a bad dac report on me because i resigned ...after pulling there freight over a year!
    I made 17000 dollars with werner in one year... Yes sitting and dead head miles including
    crappy runs is part of the business ( 21 1/2 cents a mile )
    What can you expect?
    Thats the reason i left... I used them for experience and left
    This company is 90 percent students and
    people with less than a year experience .. and 10 percent are the trainers and they have 1-5 year otr experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou cant expect good reviews when paying truck drivers like high school kids workin fast food.
    I

Great Sales/Marketing; Poor Operations

Operations (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsThe skillets in the cafe always made me come to work on Tuesdays. Big Blue Bargains at the warehouse helped cut my grocery costs. The sales area is probably the best place to work. Except for inside sales. Their social media has improved a lot in the past two years. As an employee it was great to see the drivers on there be so engaged. The lady who runs orientation for employees also is one of the best people in the company.

ConsThe hours are horrible A 50 hour week is required and there is no flexibility without using PTO. There's an expectation to almost work a full day on Christmas Eve. The people running the show make decisions that upset everyone and they don't care. Their earnings are continually on the decline and it's because they can't keep employees or drivers, and the head people are getting paid millions. It's a family environment but the family always takes favor over worthy candidates.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to keep your employees, give them decent hours, better pay and more reasons to come to work everyday.

truck driver

OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsThey communicated well what they wanted. They do what they say.They expected the same from the driver.i would recommend others.

Consthe only problem was break downs. My dispatcher manager was supportive and he did what he could to get the problem fixed.But by that time I was readt to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the pay rates,maybe more home time.

No growth, Management does not want to change

ProsGood compensation if you have good skill set and can negotiate, Very good work life balance, flexible work hours. Management supports personal needs. No night hours or extra hours.

ConsNo learning. Not a good place for students to start. No process or IT standard followed. No documentation at all, no coding standard in place.

Worked for Werner Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!