WesTech Engineering

www.westech-inc.com

WesTech Engineering Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014
WesTech Engineering – Salt Lake City – “WesTech Engineering, Inc”

WesTech Engineering – Salt Lake City – “WesTech Engineering, Inc”

Steve Brewster

Great Core Values, steady company, and profits are shared

Group Leader (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsESOP profit sharing, 4% 401K match
    Open books
    Monthly meetings to review company
    Every other Friday "on-call"
    Onsite health clinic

ConsLow profits
    Low salaries
    Benefits REALLY suck
    Engineers hired to manage projects (order nuts/bolts, ship, and trained monkey tasks)

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does their best with their limited resources (money, people who give a crap, technology, etc.). Every once in a while, someone gets an idea that they can change the company by having everyone read a book, but they do a half-assed job of implementing it, so it typically fails.

Nice Core Values if you Followed them

A Group Leader - Project Manager (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

Pros- Never interfered with family
    - No Accountability (Pro for bad employees)
    - No acknowledgement for a good job
    - Impossible to get Fired
    - ESOP
    - Flexible schedules
    - Fridays off
    - Limited Diversity

Cons- Salaries are not competitive
    - Bad Employees are just moved around the company and given raises instead of being let go.
    - Management does nothing to stop rumors or back biting
    - company is not flexible
    - Technology is not innovative it is just "Me Too" technology
    - Limited Diversity

relocated from the east coast and am now dissappointed that i did.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Casper, WY

Prosworking and gaining experiance with large parts

Consmanagement makes their own rules.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the buddy buddy stuff to themselves. no favorites.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Promising company, but still has far to go in a culture of growing markets

Project Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsPersonal work environment, Cross training

ConsGetting new business approaches across to upper management. Project management consistency between different facets of the company.

Solid company, lousy HR, caring employees

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsLong time employee. Conservative company that has enjoyed steady growth. Employee ownership gives me stock and (maybe!) the opportunity to retire some day. Management has an open door policy: employees can be heard. Reasonable balance accommodating work/family needs. Group structure gives small company feel as we grow larger. Strong Core Values that are people oriented. Work that has meaning and purpose- clean drinking water, equipment to treat sewage, environmentally friendly processing equipment.

ConsLimited diversity: dominated by white Mormon males who haven't worked anywhere else. HR Dept. is substandard: there is no human, just limited resources. Compensation is a little below national market but livable for Utah.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that non-Mormon employees, female employees, and non-engineers can have good ideas. Clean house in HR. Find staff that can balance employment law with humanity. Continue with the conservative fiscal decisions. That's MY money you are playing with. Stay the course and hold true to our Core Values.

Good steady job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsSteady, no lay-offs, open books, honest

Consmost management has no management training, not a lot of upward movement, pay discrepancies for women. No women in middle/upper management.

Everyone who is full time is an employee owner and is given company stock and is an owner in the company.

Applications Engineer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsEthics and morals are high. People have freedom to try new ideas. Management asks 'Are we doing the right thing for the employees?' and tries to do what is best. Many social events which are family oriented. Not a publicly traded company, so there are not any corporate takeovers, etc. Job security is good if you are honest and take responsibilty for your work. I feel responsible to be an owner in the company because of the culture and because I have been given stock. Everyone gets company stock who is full time. The company is financially open book to the employees and there is also an open door policy on all questions, comments,suggestions, or complaints.

ConsMany employees at WesTech have never worked at another company and do not understand that everyone can make a difference at Westech. I feel like it is my own company and rarely feel like I take a real vacation because I don't want to disappoint any customers since I am a part owner in the busines. A person who just wants to punch a clock may not be happy at WesTech since the culture is one that is driven by owning a piece of the company and being responsive to the needs of the customer.

Expect to sacrifice salary for fulfilling job.

Project Manager (Current Employee) North Salt Lake, UT

ProsGreat work experience, people are generally good to work with.

ConsHorrific pay for project managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so cheep! Pay the people what they are worth.

Free under your own responsibility

ProsAs mentioned it is free as long as it give a possitive result to the company. Short descision ways in the company.

ConsNot so good follow up by the management team when it comes to changes proposed by the employee during different meetings.

Advice to Senior ManagementA made descision shall be done and followed up that it has relly been implemented in the company and its daughter companies.

Worked for WesTech Engineering? Contribute to the Community!