West Business Services

Updated November 20, 2014
Updated November 20, 2014
2.4

John Sanley

Pros
  • Good benefits, descent pay, incentives, friendly workplace, (in 5 reviews)

• Good pay, solid hours, good training (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Hourly pay sucks, the actual job of being an inside sales person is not fun or challenging here (in 4 reviews)

• Even if I did have access to it, I don't work from home like no one else in our department worked from home (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Cut Throat

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at West Business Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent ability to help your agents develop and improve in their calls. Good incentive plan. enjoyed the training programs.

Cons

Upper management tends to pump other managers for information and looks for the negative without checking all the facts, Tends to be one sided and less open minded. Very much self protective, and cares more about their well being than yours, Big disappointment after years of service. Set up and was actually told so before it happened! Other managers work on a fear basis.

Stop pitting one manager against another and if theirs someone with something to say call them to do for it. What's their motive anyway? Help someone don't throw them away so easily.

People are great to work with but management doesn't care about you.

I have been working at West Business Services

Pros

My coworkers are all awesome to work with and the hours are pretty good. Benefits are above average.

Cons

The pay is below what you will find elsewhere and there is very little, if any, advancement potential.

Put yourselves into your people's shoes and think about them when you make decisions not just how it will affect your bonus.

Former Account Manager Of West Business Services

Former Employee - Telephone Account Manager in Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - Telephone Account Manager in Wausau, WI

I worked at West Business Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The sales training is amazing and very informative.

Cons

Some of the sales goals can feel unreachable.

Raises you blood pressure and may cause anxiety. Get out and don't look back.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Business Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's a good stepping stone if you want add customer service to your resume. This is a good stepping stone for college graduates. Training was okay.

Cons

Out of control office politics. Egos run that place. There is no sick leave. West does not accept doctor's notes. There is much favoritism among the staff. There is also a constant fear of losing your job. That being said, it may cause sleep loss with that fear in your mind. This employer is not family oriented. A coworker of mine called because her child was sick and she was written up for taking care of her child. There are also area managers and some coworkers that have the maturity of level of high school students. It got so bad I had an anxiety attack. I started going to a counselor. The above should tell you, if you get offered the position.....run.

What is there to say? They won't listen. They only care about themselves. Nothing will change.

Great Advancement Potential

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Appleton, WI

I have been working at West Business Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Culture, location, support. Steady hours and pay, good introduction to corporate environment.

Cons

There are no different challenges here than any other corporation.

Management drones on and on about how we are the best in the industry, yet treats every one of us as totally disposable.

Current Employee - Client Support Data Analyst in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Client Support Data Analyst in Appleton, WI

I have been working at West Business Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Getting on a good program is key. I love my co-workers.

Cons

Abysmal pay (and non-existent raises). Very little time off until you are there for many years. Not even close to a career starter.

Please invest in your employees. It is better to pay them a decent wage than have to keep hiring new people every month. The constant exodus of teammates makes consistency impossible.

Wonderful Company

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

I worked at West Business Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They have a great managerial team as well as a wonderful training program. No weekends, done by 4:30, friendly environment

Cons

Difficult to hear at times, very strict adherence policy, parking is horrible for the City Center location, short lunch breaks with very small break rooms fir such a large staff.

Poor Management

Current Employee - CSS in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - CSS in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at West Business Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Just the hours, working Mon thru Fri.

Cons

Poor management. You will only get ahead if your related or know someone. Bad insurance. High turnaround due to poor work environment. If you go to HR its not confidential as your mgr. will know all about it the next day and you will be treated badly after that. This is the worst company I have ever worked for.

Better training and people skills for Mgmt. Currently have the rudest Mgr. and many people complaining to Hr does nothing.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Appleton, WI

I have been working at West Business Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Account Management, your accounts are your accounts.

Cons

All the changes on my program made me lost and confused. My starting pay was extremely dissatisfying.

More opportunity to get the training for the job you want with West.

Good Job - if you land in the right department

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

I have been working at West Business Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Co-workers. I enjoy working in credit card sales & when it is opened up (without channels) for the customers & reps get a variety of calls it can be very lucrative and fun. B2B SALES. Growth opportunities are possible.

Cons

Commission is key to making or breaking it. Mgmt has been changed this year, so a lot of volatility & inconsistencies. Working in credit card sales is problematic when Direct Mail campaigns aren't scrubbed by marketing. Large variance in the pay / jobs / departments. A lot of attrition.

HR has WRONG info about commission cap / max in my dept. I've told them about it & am being ignored. They use incorrect income info to attract new people who will never make as much as promised when being vetted by HR.