West Business Services

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Not ready to leave but not certain will have choice.

Current Employee - Analyst
    Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at West Business Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved working to solve problems and face challenges with new ideas and innovation. Enjoyed working with multi-national developers and resources.

Cons

Unnecessary stress and political posturing, management seems to have lost interest in improving performance over self preservation.

Advice to Management

Selectively purge poor performers and promote excellence over mediocrity. Rather than sell off blocks of dedicated employees and attempting to acquire new blood in waves, assess your workforce more regularly. You may be missing out on the unnoticed talent that will make the difference in corporate success.

2. The worst ever!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Pros

None, seriously none. the worst environment I have seen as an adult employee. surprised the labor department hasn't closed it down.

Cons

very poor overall work conditions. cubicles desk phones computers headsets all very poor. pay is horrendous for the responsibility. executive leadership non existent. integrity non existent.

Advice to Management

stop paying attention to the jimmy hoffa management class.

Terrible

Pros

Flexible-ish work schedule is nice.

Cons

There is one good program if you can produce. The others are terrible. Management are school children posing as managers. You are treated like a baby.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves. You're terrible for the company and for retaining talent.

5. I loved working for this company.

Pros

work envioronment was laid back . I met the most awesome people and build lifelong friendshipips there.

Cons

The facility I worked for closed down.

6. Employees are not valued

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Rocky Mount, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Rocky Mount, NC

I have been working at West Business Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to maintain your own schedule, by trading scheduled. Some down time. Picking up available overtime.

Cons

There is no loyalty to the employees. The culture is one foot out the door at all times. No support from management staff

Advice to Management

Please train your ememployees better and support them in the roles you are asking them to perform.

7. Great start

I worked at West Business Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Solid place to start a career

Cons

Poor benefits, lower pay scale for management positions

Advice to Management

lots of opportunity

8. The worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

I worked at West Business Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

3 weeks vacation after one year. i have met some really nice people there

Cons

The worst place I have ever worked. I have seen people leave in the middle of the day and say, "I can't do this anymore.. Many of the supervisors lack much needed people skills. Some supervisors put emails out to their team and have several spelling and grammatical errors in the emails. How do they get promoted when they can't spell? Raise a question of concern or challenge your supervisor or a sales manager and you are black listed to never go above your current position. There are rules for some and then there are rules for "others". Dress code is a joke. Many of the girls look like they got off their shift at Beansnappers... Raises are non-existent yet we can open up a location in Green Bay and get preached to once a month saying the company is doing well. If you stay there, you will need a part time job or visit their location in Menasha(biolife plasma)to make ends meet. Don't even attempt to bring your case to ER dept because they are as useless as screen doors on submarines. Thank God I am out of there and don't have to listen to their sermons anymore on what I should be doing

Advice to Management

MBWA(management by walking around)--Learn what the employees have to say and MAKE the place better. Don't expect them to perform a job that you wouldn't do at the pay you are paying them and by all means teach the supervisors to listen and act fairly

Sales Account Representative job turned out to be pure Telemarketing making outbound calls reading a script.

Former Employee - Telephone Account Manager in Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - Telephone Account Manager in Wausau, WI

I worked at West Business Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They give you 3 weeks of vacation at hire date which was great. The building was very nice and didn't need to share work space allowing you to personalize your telemarketing area.

Cons

Pay was low. Misrepresenting who you worked for when calling customer base. I was calling a major hotel chain reading a script and identified myself and West as the company that paid West to do the telemarketing. The fact that I was lied to at my interview when I was told it wasn't telemarketing, I was told to lie to the customer as to who I worked for and I didn't attempt to sell anything, just read a script and ask a few questions. I didn't even have a password to access the order entry system which would allow me to take an order if I wanted to, I would simply pass that info along as part of the days answers to the questions. Its telemarketing at its purest, even the local management agrees with that but to the upper level management its a sales job and they got very angry any time someone mentioned we were telemarketing.

Advice to Management

Please define telemarketing. My job was to cold call a potential customer list, read them a script supplied by the company that paid West to make the calls, ask a list of questions, forward answers to management and could take a sales order. If that's not telemarketing then what is?? Please quit misrepresenting West in the recruitment ads and job interviews as a non-telemarketing company. You may have a few jobs that aren't telemarketing, but in Wausau, WI that simply isn't true as most people in that location are telemarketers calling either medical facilities, hotel chains or on behalf of tobacco companies.

10. West is ok

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Omaha, NE

Pros

Nice people to work with. Always challenges that are fun to learn from. Free Coffee

Cons

Bad pay/raise freezes for years Management Always added work and job changes Not much structure in the division Bad communication between management/No Communication throughout management

Advice to Management

Learn to do your employes jobs

11. Cut Throat

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at West Business Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent ability to help your agents develop and improve in their calls. Good incentive plan. enjoyed the training programs.

Cons

Upper management tends to pump other managers for information and looks for the negative without checking all the facts, Tends to be one sided and less open minded. Very much self protective, and cares more about their well being than yours, Big disappointment after years of service. Set up and was actually told so before it happened! Other managers work on a fear basis.

Advice to Management

Stop pitting one manager against another and if theirs someone with something to say call them to do for it. What's their motive anyway? Help someone don't throw them away so easily.

RSS Feed </> Embed