West Business Services

Updated April 25, 2015
105 reviews filtered by

1. Terrible

I worked at West Business Services

Pros

Flexible-ish work schedule is nice.

Cons

There is one good program if you can produce. The others are terrible. Management are school children posing as managers. You are treated like a baby.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves. You're terrible for the company and for retaining talent.

2. I loved working for this company.

I have been working at West Business Services

Pros

work envioronment was laid back . I met the most awesome people and build lifelong friendshipips there.

Cons

The facility I worked for closed down.

3. Employees are not valued

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Rocky Mount, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Rocky Mount, NC

I have been working at West Business Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to maintain your own schedule, by trading scheduled. Some down time. Picking up available overtime.

Cons

There is no loyalty to the employees. The culture is one foot out the door at all times. No support from management staff

Advice to Management

Please train your ememployees better and support them in the roles you are asking them to perform.

5. Great start

I worked at West Business Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Solid place to start a career

Cons

Poor benefits, lower pay scale for management positions

Advice to Management

lots of opportunity

6. The worst company I have ever worked for

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Appleton, WI

I worked at West Business Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

3 weeks vacation after one year. i have met some really nice people there

Cons

The worst place I have ever worked. I have seen people leave in the middle of the day and say, "I can't do this anymore.. Many of the supervisors lack much needed people skills. Some supervisors put emails out to their team and have several spelling and grammatical errors in the emails. How do they get promoted when they can't spell? Raise a question of concern or challenge your supervisor or a sales manager and you are black listed to never go above your current position. There are rules for some and then there are rules for "others". Dress code is a joke. Many of the girls look like they got off their shift at Beansnappers... Raises are non-existent yet we can open up a location in Green Bay and get preached to once a month saying the company is doing well. If you stay there, you will need a part time job or visit their location in Menasha(biolife plasma)to make ends meet. Don't even attempt to bring your case to ER dept because they are as useless as screen doors on submarines. Thank God I am out of there and don't have to listen to their sermons anymore on what I should be doing

Advice to Management

MBWA(management by walking around)--Learn what the employees have to say and MAKE the place better. Don't expect them to perform a job that you wouldn't do at the pay you are paying them and by all means teach the supervisors to listen and act fairly

7. Sales Account Representative job turned out to be pure Telemarketing making outbound calls reading a script.

Former Employee - Telephone Account Manager in Wausau, WI
    Former Employee - Telephone Account Manager in Wausau, WI

I worked at West Business Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They give you 3 weeks of vacation at hire date which was great. The building was very nice and didn't need to share work space allowing you to personalize your telemarketing area.

Cons

Pay was low. Misrepresenting who you worked for when calling customer base. I was calling a major hotel chain reading a script and identified myself and West as the company that paid West to do the telemarketing. The fact that I was lied to at my interview when I was told it wasn't telemarketing, I was told to lie to the customer as to who I worked for and I didn't attempt to sell anything, just read a script and ask a few questions. I didn't even have a password to access the order entry system which would allow me to take an order if I wanted to, I would simply pass that info along as part of the days answers to the questions. Its telemarketing at its purest, even the local management agrees with that but to the upper level management its a sales job and they got very angry any time someone mentioned we were telemarketing.

Advice to Management

Please define telemarketing. My job was to cold call a potential customer list, read them a script supplied by the company that paid West to make the calls, ask a list of questions, forward answers to management and could take a sales order. If that's not telemarketing then what is?? Please quit misrepresenting West in the recruitment ads and job interviews as a non-telemarketing company. You may have a few jobs that aren't telemarketing, but in Wausau, WI that simply isn't true as most people in that location are telemarketers calling either medical facilities, hotel chains or on behalf of tobacco companies.

8. West is ok

I have been working at West Business Services

Pros

Nice people to work with.
    Always challenges that are fun to learn from.
    Free Coffee

Cons

Bad pay/raise freezes for years
    Management
    Always added work and job changes
    Not much structure in the division
    Bad communication between management/No Communication throughout management

Advice to Management

Learn to do your employes jobs

9. Cut Throat

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at West Business Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent ability to help your agents develop and improve in their calls. Good incentive plan. enjoyed the training programs.

Cons

Upper management tends to pump other managers for information and looks for the negative without checking all the facts, Tends to be one sided and less open minded. Very much self protective, and cares more about their well being than yours, Big disappointment after years of service. Set up and was actually told so before it happened! Other managers work on a fear basis.

Advice to Management

Stop pitting one manager against another and if theirs someone with something to say call them to do for it. What's their motive anyway? Help someone don't throw them away so easily.

10. People are great to work with but management doesn't care about you.

I have been working at West Business Services

Pros

My coworkers are all awesome to work with and the hours are pretty good. Benefits are above average.

Cons

The pay is below what you will find elsewhere and there is very little, if any, advancement potential.

Advice to Management

Put yourselves into your people's shoes and think about them when you make decisions not just how it will affect your bonus.

11. Raises you blood pressure and may cause anxiety. Get out and don't look back.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Business Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a good stepping stone if you want add customer service to your resume. This is a good stepping stone for college graduates. Training was okay.

Cons

Out of control office politics. Egos run that place. There is no sick leave. West does not accept doctor's notes. There is much favoritism among the staff. There is also a constant fear of losing your job. That being said, it may cause sleep loss with that fear in your mind. This employer is not family oriented. A coworker of mine called because her child was sick and she was written up for taking care of her child. There are also area managers and some coworkers that have the maturity of level of high school students. It got so bad I had an anxiety attack. I started going to a counselor. The above should tell you, if you get offered the position.....run.

Advice to Management

What is there to say? They won't listen. They only care about themselves. Nothing will change.