West Coast Dental Reviews

Farhad Manavi

Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for West Coast for over 3 years now. Working here I've had the opportunity work with very proffesional, hard working people. I have been able to grow within my office and I have learned so much from everyone here, from management, appointment coordinators and back office staff. Upper management is understanding and does things in its best interest for its employees and patients. The owner doctors are down to earth and willing to incorporate new ideas to make this an easy, friendly, yet proffesional working environment. Recently there have been many changes having to do with our corporate office, upper management, etc. What we all need to remember is that CHANGE IS GOOD :)
    On a side note, I am very grateful to work, not only for this company, but this office. We have an exemplary team willing to go above and beyond for its patients and eachother. We have awesome teamwork when it comes to our specialty and ortho teams. All for one, one for all.

Cons

-Unfairness (All employees should be listened to, treated, equally. Seniority and/or age group should NOT matter. Young employees are as trustworthy and capable as any employee that has been working in the dental field for 10+ years. Take the time to acknowledge everyones work, the simplest of compliments make a huge impact on some people. Not only will they feel appreciated but it will make coming to work less stressful.)
    -Communication (Communication between corporate office and office is always crucial. There has to be more organization within the communicating and less finger pointing, we all work for the same company and get paid by the same people. Not one individual is better than the other)
    -No Incentives (When I say incentives, I don't mean huge bonuses for each employee. We understand this is a large company that is expanding and expenses are limited. However, I believe that managing employee reviews, raises etc in a timely manner will make us employees feel more appreciated. A simple sit down with an individual discussing their work performance, allowing them to express oneself and giving them constructive criticism goes a long ways. Us employees understand that raises don't always happen but at least by sitting with them and having a one on one conversation helps ease their mind and we don't feel like we're unappreciated. Monthly bonuses, holiday bonuses, it doesn't have to be anything big, just a mere show of appreciation. Having worked for several companies I can say that that's what an employee appreciates te most, feeling appreciated and acknowledged.)

I would say that the last and most frustrating thing would be the fact that we are very limited as to what we are able to do here in the office. Having to receive approval of certain things from corporate office can become very frustrating and make the work environment a negative one. This would apply mainly to front office duties, such as, creating contracts, approval of recurring credit card transactions, refunds etc... I think it is great that we have a team of individuals to assist us with this matter but not only would this ease their work environment but it would allow us to complete certain tasks in a timely manner without making the patient wait any longer as in wait time for them is always an issue. Give offices the supplies and access they need and I personally believe we will see an improvement in patient flow and it will keep the employees from feeling stressed out and overly exhausted.

2. Positive/Energetic Woeking Enviorment

Current Employee - Rdh
    Current Employee - Rdh

I have been working at West Coast Dental

Pros

Everyone Who works here had great custumer service. Always with a smile and everyone is always lending an extra hand!

Cons

Wait time, pay rate of assistants (they do so much!)

Acknowledgement of those who put in extra effort with expanding there work duties

I like working here

Current Employee - Treatment Counselor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Treatment Counselor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental

Pros

I like the Owners who support the offices well

Cons

It is a smaller company and there needs to be more big company systems

Improve computers systems and processes

5. Change is not always good

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Well west coast dental has been wonderful great
    People
    Doctors
    Offices.
    Benefits
    Old management was wonderful and cared about field staff new management doesn't care for anyone other then themselves

Cons

The original cultures of WCD are gone. All this new blood. That are to make the company better are turning it into something it's not. The owners have always believed in the employees especially the managers but up into recently one of the owners has been really on a mission to make work environment very uneasy .

Stop bring in outside management from failing companies that are just making West Coast dental a bad place to work !

6. Most caring company I have worked for

Current Employee - Front Office in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Front Office in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at West Coast Dental

Pros

They CARE about their employees, great benefits and there is always room to grow.

Cons

None as of yet, they are always improving

You all are doing great. The fact that you show appreciation means the world to employees like myself.

7. So far, so good.

Current Employee - Office Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at West Coast Dental

Pros

Props to the new team that had taken over the operations department of West coast. They have done a fantastic job this far. The owner doctor's are always there to listen and to make changes where changes are needed. I'm looking forward to seeing where this company helps takes my career.

Cons

Compensation is too low.

Pay your employees what they are worth. Spend money to make money.

8. Valued employee

Current Employee - Office Manager
    Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

WCD is a denta company like no other. We are operated and ownered by DENTIST. No more investors or middle men. The beauty of a private practice but with the amazing support of a corporate structured team. The company has an amazing training team, support staff, management team, and the best owners. Here at WCD I am valued, I have a voice, my opinions count, and this is something that you can no longer find in many other companies. The companies offered great benefits and are afforable to all. I enjoy evey day I step foot in an office.

Cons

Our offices need a faster server.

Continue the field training. It is going really good and the team appreciates the dedication.

9. Senior management is very supportive. Owners are down to earth. Support office employees are excellent and helpful.

Current Employee - Office Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental

Pros

Love this company! Lots of support! Friendly environment from the owners down to office employees.

Cons

Nothing so far. All processes are being improved

Keep it up! Looking forward to all the positive results with all your innovative ideas.

10. Very honored to work here. My ideas are valued. It's an exciting time to work at WCD, plenty of opportunity for professional growth!

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Upper management is easily accessible. It's great to share your ideas and for those ideas to turn into projects that matter!

Cons

We are building such a great management team. With that said, we are starting to look for the right people! It'll take some time to get there!

I enjoy that upper management is very hands on!

11. A Place for Growth!

Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at West Coast Dental full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Offer opportunities to move up and build up your career.
    Flexible Full Time Schedule.
    Worked for 4 months and was promoted to a higher position. :)

Cons

Like any other job, one must put 110% of time and effort to succeed.

It would be nice to have a huge holiday party for all staff.