West Corporation

Updated November 22, 2014
2.5

West Corporation CEO and Director Tom Barker
Tom Barker

Pros
  • For my position the option to work from home and my general career is great (in 13 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, they really worked with me to find a training class that met my schedule (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • Most upper management is lazy and their managers are either blind or just as allowing it (in 17 reviews)

• I thought the negative reviews were typical call center complaints (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Good and Bad

Current Employee - Resolution Specialist in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Resolution Specialist in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

good paying job and good people to work with.

Cons

it was hard trying to get a schedule change from full time to part time people still in school and the supervisor made some poor choices sometimes. They would send a lot of people home if the call volume was low then the rest of us would end up in a never ending queue and sometimes we had to stay over 30 mins past our shifts.

Human Resources

Current Employee - Human Resources in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits offered aren't that bad.

Cons

Salary is not commensurate with job duties and expectations, and salary increases for staff are far and few between. Servant leadership is preached, but not practiced.

Practice what you preach.

West Corporation is a reliable employer.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at West Corporation part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The ability to work at home and know you are going to receive your full paycheck on time is great. The flexible scheduling is unbelievable and greatly appreciated.

Cons

There isn't much of a chance for advancement in this company and one of the projects is extremely difficult to work.

Create more options for promotions.

I enjoyed it

Former Employee - At&T Premier Support in Hampton, VA
    Former Employee - At&T Premier Support in Hampton, VA

I worked at West Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good pay
    Good training
    good management
    a lot of help
    raises

Cons

Rude customers
    short lunch breaks
    long hours
    not a lot of time off
    noting else

You run a good company and I am sad that it closed down my advice to you is to keep up with the good training and let us have long lunch breaks.

Compensation, Skills, Management

Current Employee - CS Agent in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - CS Agent in Dallas, TX

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot you can learn from the training and being placed on various skills(positions). You are an employee not a contractor. Training is paid. You get to work from home. If you don't like what you are doing, or for any other reason you need to resign, you can resign from the specific skill you are on instead of resigning from the company. So you are able to get offered something else.

Cons

The pay is not really enough. You have to work a lot of hours to get great checks. Some management is rude and seem to get irritated with questions. Training pay is minimum wage in your state, which is not a problem. But after training the compensation is not enough for the amount of work and what you are expected to do. No pay raises. Your work is monitored and you get feedback and can check your stats. But if you are consistently exceeding in your stats and performance there is still no raise. I have been doing it for 3 years & still have the same pay I started with.

Have a better attitude with new employees. Questions are going to be asked. If you get frustrated because of it, then you are not in the correct position. There are some PALS that are the same way, and they are there to answer questions and help, I just don't understand it. Also, consider giving raises for performance reviews that exceed expectations. Employees will continue to work hard for you if they feel appreciated and valued, and as if they can get the help they need by asking questions.

Good Company

I have been working at West Corporation

Pros

Encouraging managers and helping team members

Cons

i did not see any

Great place to work

Current Employee - Licensed Health Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Licensed Health Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great place to work for. As long as you have a good attendance record and pass all your tests there are chances of getting promoted.

Cons

The only bad thing is that you don't get sick time.

I've liked all my managers

Place to earn a paycheck.

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get hired

Cons

Constant fear of losing your job and bonus.

Think logically.

Raises your blood pressure and may cause anxiety. Run as fast your feet can take you.

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good place to start. Decent people depending on what shift you work. Some people are approachable and some are not.

Cons

Office politics are out of control. Some managers are not approachable. There is much favoritism among the people I work. West does not accept doctor's notes if a person is sick. A co-worker of mine whose baby was sick was written up for calling in to take care of her child. Not very family oriented

Better benefits. Control office politics. Clean house of area managers that should

Not the best for someone looking for a professional atmosphere but great starter for young adults or elders for extra $.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representativeo in Rocky Mount, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representativeo in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at West Corporation full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Definitely the job if you are looking for the hours to pick up sometime to make extra cash and get involved in learning how to multitask with data.

Cons

Coaches do not seem to know anymore than some of the reps. can be frustrating when who suppose to be put in to place to help is unorganized and do not seem to have your best interest at heart to be able to complete task to the fullest. It sucked to have to work one day every weekend, why not some form of rotation.

I think there is enough employees where individuals can have full weekends off every other weekend without having to work every weekend unless posting to be off. Also I think the pay scale for the rocky mount location could be better and should push for a more professional atmosphere but with keeping the atmosphere relaxing.