West Corporation Reviews

431 reviews filtered by
2.7
West Corporation CEO and Director Tom Barker
Tom Barker

Pros
  • For my position the option to work from home and my general career is great (in 15 reviews)

• Flexible schedule, they really worked with me to find a training class that met my schedule (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • I thought the negative reviews were typical call center complaints (in 17 reviews)

• Most upper management is lazy and their managers are either blind or just as allowing it (in 16 reviews)

1. I worked at West Corporation

Pros

Working at this company privilege the experience to adapt to a variety of situations and individuals with the efficiency of working in a team environment that's supportive and appreciative with commission bonuses and promotions. I made Quality Assurance Supervisor wit in a year.

Cons

This company has good benefits, and the office culture is decent and professional. You must come to work with a good work ethic and stay focused with a positive attitude, especially on the "under the weather" days.

My advice to this company is to always stay respectful and appreciative to the employees in mutual retrospect for the company to flourish into the entirety of its successes.

2. Opportunity around every corner

Current Employee - Director in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Director in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The best thing about working for West is the being able to make a real and tangible impact on a multi-billion dollar company

Cons

Interdivisional collaboration. We run so fast, work so hard, and have some of the most talented people in the communications technology industry, but suffer from being TOO LEAN. Meaning that there is not enough collaborative innovation amongst all our different BUs.

Make yourself more visible, reward your employees, and continue to challenge yourself to put a premium on inclusion and engagement!

3. Sr. Systems Engineer

I have been working at West Corporation

Pros

unlimited opportunities to learn new technologies

Cons

the department that I am in is extremely under-staffed

5. Great company to work for

Former Employee - Remote Support Specialist
    Former Employee - Remote Support Specialist

I worked at West Corporation part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The ability to work from home

Cons

West is not partnered in all states for work at home usage.

n/a

6. It's a decent company to work for, good exposure in technology

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good exposure to latest technology, nice friendly work colleagues

Cons

Lot of red tape, less opportunities to succeed and grow

Adequate compensation should be provided as per skill-set

7. Interim job

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Spokane, WA

I have been working at West Corporation

Pros

Jobs are available regularly. Interview process is easy. if you need a job in spokane it is a good place while you look for something else. good training and feedback from supervisors

Cons

poor morale among staff, including supervisors. a lot of turnover. "everyone" works for west sooner or later.

8. This was a good job

Former Employee - Supervalu Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Supervalu Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA

I worked at West Corporation

Pros

Set schedule, good pay, easy work.

Cons

Impossible to give actual time off and strictly full time unless physically going to school.

When requesting time off you had to hope another employee picked up your whole shift rather then just some of it. There was no other way to request time off and if you didn't get the whole shift picked up you had to call in. It made life complicated.

9. Good solid career for someone wanting to provide for their family.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocky Mount, NC

I have been working at West Corporation full-time

Pros

Tuition Reimbursement
    Internal Promotion Potential
    Experience counts towards Education requirements
    For front line agents, the pay is typically better than average for jobs not requiring manual labor or a college degree.

Cons

Staff Employee Wages
    Agent Employee Benefits are minimal
    Way too many silos within the company, and that makes for stressful internal politics.
    Agent annual raises are a set amount instead of a percentage of current wage.
    Staff annual raises are suspended frequently due to "margin challenges"

Reconsider the pay rates for Staff Employees, as well as the benefits package for Agent level employees. Move to an annual % increase in agent wages and improve benefits package for them. Give them a reason to stay with the company for more than a year.

10. We have just completed a divestiture and am no longer a non-production West employee

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are a lot of great people that work at West and they provide flexibility in schedules for a fairly good work-life balance.

Cons

Several of the departments/business units comingle in servicing our clients - it is not always as cohesive as it could be - this is due to several factors to include resource constraints, compatibility with infrastructure, and also a silo organizational structure which impedes escalation.
    Personal growth is not as lucrative as it could be - there are several departments that do not offer a lot of room for advancement unless you can make a move to a different area of expertise.
    Upper level management is not engaged in front line issues - however micromanagement is prevalent in many instances.

Work to set clear expectations and instill an environment of servant leadership where management is engaged and invested in our goals. Focus on ways to create efficiencies for the folks that are on the front lines.

11. Blows

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at West Corporation full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The friends, I made, team leads, pay is good, the idea of knowing the other management are will to help you succeed

Cons

Trainers suck!!! They say they will help you succeed but that's a lie!!! They don't encourage you at all!!! The lack of support, the back stabbing that goes on!!! The favorism that goes on!!!

Find better trainers!!!!!!