West Herr Automotive Group Reviews

Scott Bieler

1. Great company with family like atmosphere

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Part time employees work schedule is very flexible

Cons

Pay is not very competitive

2. The Good, The Bad, and Here's Some Advice

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group

Pros

Fellow employees are friendly and caring Hours are flexible I like how you can move up into a higher position and they will give you whatever training you need. This company is by your side weather it may be health issues, financially , or even a nice smile and hello is nice.

Cons

For what position I hold and the responsibilities I have to do, the pay should be more than what I receive. Management tends to become overbearing which makes other employees less motivated to do work.

Advice to Management

Part-time employees should be allowed more hours to fully complete tasks. There should also be employee reviews every 6 months in which we could receive a raise. Employee motivation is the key to business success.

3. Great atmosphere and awesome group of people

Current Employee - Lot Manager in Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Lot Manager in Orchard Park, NY

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and wonderful group of people to work with.

Cons

Long hours and some management can be overbearing

5. Great Company to work for.

Current Employee - Sales in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The group has a great attitude about doing business and has a good atmosphere to work in.

Cons

Cons i would say would be pay, and the amount of time your schedule demands.

6. I have gotten a great deal of experience with accounting and is a great to place to work

Current Employee - Cashier in Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Cashier in Orchard Park, NY

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to meet a lot of nice people

Cons

what they want you to do for the money they pay and don't discipline

Advice to Management

show more authority to your employees and try to help them better

7. Great place to work, great people, you get out what you put in.

Current Employee - Manager in Orchard Park, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in Orchard Park, NY

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work hard and be rewarded. It's not over night but it does not go unnoticed. This is a great company and the treat their employees well. Company has deep family values and understand that you have a life aside from the car business even though you spend a lot of time at work. Upper management for the most part are all people who have worked their way up from the bottom and the understand how everything works and what kind of a team it takes to be successful. Wouldn't want to work any where else. This place just keeps exceeding goals and the buffalo economy as a whole is growing. The sky's the limit but not over night. Stick with it and work hard you'll be rewarded.

Cons

Working with people who think your out to rob them blind. (Not the case at all) we lose money to sell people cars every day. People have a terrible mind set about car sales and it's not the case. We're here to serve you and we'd love to earn your business. Just give us the chance. It does get hectic and busy and you have to juggle multiple things at one. Multitasking is a must!

Advice to Management

Look internally to promote. There are a lot of people who do a great job but are overlooked because they don't speak up.

8. Great company to work for all around!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Training is great. People are helpful and moral is very high. If you put your time and effort into the job, you'll get results that pay off .

Cons

If you don't sell anything for the week, you're salary is very low.

9. Good Place to Work

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Odd working hours for my position

10. Great for salespeople, difficult for others

Current Employee - Marketing in Williamsville, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in Williamsville, NY

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Open door upper management. Even the President will sit down and listen to your ideas. Very good communication process. -Employees are treated as equals and are trusted. Times in and out are not strictly monitored.

Cons

-If you aren't in car sales, there is a ceiling for both income and advancement and you will hit it quickly. -Projects routinely fall through if they arent directly related to car sales. Company does not emphasize marketing and other ancillary functions as much as they could. Not a lot of room for changes to be made.

Advice to Management

Be more receptive to new ideas. Don't be afraid to be early adopters as oppose to followers.

11. Sales at West Herr Automotive Group

I have been working at West Herr Automotive Group

Pros

Largest Auto Group in the Area 15 different lines, with the ability to cross sell Solid professional ownership, Fairly consistant Traffic Volume

Cons

Commission Schedule Not the Best.....This is a group that prides itself on volume sales. When things are good the compensation is adequate, but under the current economic conditions, its not. Work Schedule is very extremely demanding, mostly driven by the customer. All departments are separate profit centers, management, sales, parts, Finance. As a result everybody has to grab a piece of the pie, in a way that is self serving. In the end as much as we like to claim a team concept, we are more like a league with individual teams all looking to be the champion Sales responsibilities go way beyond selling and servicing the customer. Some of the paper work, vehicle transportation and preparation could be delegated to personel other than sales, so sales can use thier time to "SELL"

Advice to Management

Ownership is always on the Cutting Edge, driving to the next level all of the time. However, thier is a lack of involvment between ownership, middle management, and the general managers of each store. Compensation store to store is inconsistant. It is inconsistant between sales personel within the stores. In store management could be better assisted if middle management spent a little more time involved in the day to day operations within the stores. As it stands now, nobody above the store level pays much attention if the store is profitable. The question begs,"What are we leaving on the table" Sales personel, although proud of the company and the job they do, feel underpaid and taken advantage of when it comes to compensation on a short deal.

RSS Feed </> Embed