West Interactive

Not yet rated.

Tom Barker

Great workplace.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsNice place to work and great city. Good location and professionalism.

ConsThey could work better on managing client expectations, resources, and timelines.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove project management

I concur with another review; It Will Suck the Life Out of You

Client Services (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsFlexibility for family, covered parking garage (really appreciated this in the winter), nice employee lounges, 401k match, good location,

ConsFrom a recent Client Relationship Manager position posting; "We offer competitive wages, impressive comprehensive benefits, ongoing career development and training." None of these things are remotely true. Advancement opportunities are nearly non-existent. In only one of the last 3 years were raises authorized, and the years they were not the executive communication was horrendous.
    This is an executive staff that either will not, or cannot communicate with those below. Truly remarkable.
     I left voluntarily, in excellent standing & did not receive an exit interview. That should tell you quite a bit.

Advice to Senior ManagementDetailed, realistic career pathing would be helpful. Seeing the executives outside of their offices, other than when they serve a Thanksgiving meal and Summer BBQ, would be a boost. The executives NEVER walk the 4 floors just to visit with the associates. Again, truly remarkable.

It will suck the life out of you.

Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsStability. High visibility to executives (if that matters to you).

ConsTerrible pay for client services. Executives think CS doesn't produce revenue, so they are constantly rearranging responsibilities to trim CS down. Given more responsibilities for same salary with less resources.
    Management gives in to clients on everything, and you are the ones who have to make it happen.
    Way too many politics.
    Terrible onboarding and training.
    Very sterile culture, not much life
    Way too many meetings.
    WIC is very reactive, and not proactive with their products and technology

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

West Interactive

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsStable job, reliable company, the ERC does a lot for the employees

ConsNot a lot of room for advancement, HORRIBLE benefits package!!! Salary a little low compared to industry averages

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit taking bonuses when your employees don't even get raises.

Think twice before working at West

Operator (Current Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsIn my division the work is easy with lots of down time between job responsibilities. There is plenty of time to study between phone calls and the company provided tuition reimbursement. For those with ambition and the talent (or skill) to succeed there are many opportunities for advancement. The company is continuing to grow and because the pay at entry level is merely average there are many people who leave for better pay thus providing more opportunities for advancement. Each level offers chances to learn new skills that will help with the current job as well as transitioning to another company.

ConsThe division has recently gotten a new operations manager who has made it his goal to pare costs to the bone. Our company is still making a nice profit and our particular client pays for more agents than we actually have at work. However our work week has been cut to 37 1/2 hours instead of 40, almost all requests for overtime are denied and even taking time for for vacation earned is open to the possibility of an attendance violation if there aren't enough agents working. Our health benefits are laughable, and there is no flexibility in work schedules for a 24 hour operation.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. I keep trying to tell them that happy employees are more productive but they seem to think a paycheck is all we need.

Worked for West Interactive? Contribute to the Community!