West Interactive Reviews

2.5
Tom Barker
1 Rating

1. Director Information Services

Pros

Certain leadership knows what's what & actually care about people

Cons

Much of the culture is unprofessional & many in leadership treat people disrespectfuly

Advice to Management

Care about your people & work to improve the culture

2. I was fortunate to be at right place at right time, however it's terrible place to work with zero recognition and lot of politics internally.

Former Employee - Software Analyst in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Software Analyst in Omaha, NE

I worked at West Interactive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable job, no lay offs, good PTO Good 401k plan Lot of cons than pros

Cons

Lot of politics, worst resource management, feel sorry for people in app dev they make them work a lot with zero recognition

Advice to Management

Start realizing the importance of your employees, if not soon all the good talented employees will move on.

I concur with another review; It Will Suck the Life Out of You

Former Employee - Client Services in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Client Services in Omaha, NE

I worked at West Interactive full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility for family, covered parking garage (really appreciated this in the winter), nice employee lounges, 401k match, good location,

Cons

From a recent Client Relationship Manager position posting; "We offer competitive wages, impressive comprehensive benefits, ongoing career development and training." None of these things are remotely true. Advancement opportunities are nearly non-existent. In only one of the last 3 years were raises authorized, and the years they were not the executive communication was horrendous. This is an executive staff that either will not, or cannot communicate with those below. Truly remarkable. I left voluntarily, in excellent standing & did not receive an exit interview. That should tell you quite a bit.

Advice to Management

Detailed, realistic career pathing would be helpful. Seeing the executives outside of their offices, other than when they serve a Thanksgiving meal and Summer BBQ, would be a boost. The executives NEVER walk the 4 floors just to visit with the associates. Again, truly remarkable.

5. Great workplace.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Interactive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice place to work and great city. Good location and professionalism.

Cons

They could work better on managing client expectations, resources, and timelines.

Advice to Management

Improve project management

It will suck the life out of you.

Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Client Relationship Manager in Omaha, NE

I worked at West Interactive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stability. High visibility to executives (if that matters to you).

Cons

Terrible pay for client services. Executives think CS doesn't produce revenue, so they are constantly rearranging responsibilities to trim CS down. Given more responsibilities for same salary with less resources. Management gives in to clients on everything, and you are the ones who have to make it happen. Way too many politics. Terrible onboarding and training. Very sterile culture, not much life Way too many meetings. WIC is very reactive, and not proactive with their products and technology

7. West Interactive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at West Interactive full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable job, reliable company, the ERC does a lot for the employees

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement, HORRIBLE benefits package!!! Salary a little low compared to industry averages

Advice to Management

Quit taking bonuses when your employees don't even get raises.

Think twice before working at West

Current Employee - Operator in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Operator in Omaha, NE

Pros

In my division the work is easy with lots of down time between job responsibilities. There is plenty of time to study between phone calls and the company provided tuition reimbursement. For those with ambition and the talent (or skill) to succeed there are many opportunities for advancement. The company is continuing to grow and because the pay at entry level is merely average there are many people who leave for better pay thus providing more opportunities for advancement. Each level offers chances to learn new skills that will help with the current job as well as transitioning to another company.

Cons

The division has recently gotten a new operations manager who has made it his goal to pare costs to the bone. Our company is still making a nice profit and our particular client pays for more agents than we actually have at work. However our work week has been cut to 37 1/2 hours instead of 40, almost all requests for overtime are denied and even taking time for for vacation earned is open to the possibility of an attendance violation if there aren't enough agents working. Our health benefits are laughable, and there is no flexibility in work schedules for a 24 hour operation.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. I keep trying to tell them that happy employees are more productive but they seem to think a paycheck is all we need.

RSS Feed </> Embed