West Valley Hospital Reviews

Reset
CEO

1. Awesome place!!

I have been working at West Valley Hospital

Pros

Great management, lots of growth opportunity

Cons

I can not think of any!

Advice to Management

N/A

2. Work in progress.

I worked at West Valley Hospital

Pros

Solid management engagement as well as CEO engagement. Once you prove your worth company does invest in you but it is a heck of an up hill battle.

Cons

Doctors are the worse. They have the attitude that they are better then you. Since the healthcare reform bonuses are non existent.

Advice to Management

The company works so hard to avoid favoritism that is seems like the harder working employees get punished in a sense. As a sup I wanted to let a few of my harder working employees come in late or leave early so they could study for finals but, my lazy employees would complain to HR. I get the fair thing but to me it's just too liberal. My guys that kick butt should get some perks.

3. Paramedic

Current Employee - Paramedic in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Paramedic in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at West Valley Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, Decent flexebility with schedule, other staff is really friendly and nice. Overall a good time when were not understaffed.

Cons

Bad management and no raises. Nothing positive comes out of their mouth when they need to talk to staff. They only talk to you when something bad happens. They treat people like their just a number and their is no employee security. Management will throw you under the bus whenever possible.

Advice to Management

Fix your upper management its effecting all the staff. Treat people how you would like to be treated.

5. Very reactive organization, does not plan out for future, just reacts to situations

I have been working at West Valley Hospital full-time

Pros

Good people that work hard and want to do the right thing. New Directors that are very much hands on and out on the floors with the staff and show that they understand what the staff are going through and supportive

Cons

Administraion, does not show support or respect for those under them. They often give their excpectations, but never seek out input from those under them. Don't really plan out the needs and how to fix them, are very reactive and not proactive in dealing with things. They allow the physicians to run rampit and control the enviornment of the hosptial. There is no accountability towards the physicians to work as a team and do the right thing.

Advice to Management

Set some planning sessions with those that truely drive the company, those at the front lines and the leaders on the units. Plan out the work and move in a common direction.

6. I worked a per diem position as a generalist on nights and weekends.

Current Employee - Medical Laboratory Technician in Goodyear, AZ
    Current Employee - Medical Laboratory Technician in Goodyear, AZ

I have been working at West Valley Hospital (More than 3 years)

Pros

The shift differential was good, you get $5 more from 5pm to midnight and $6 from midnight to 5am. The health benefits were great.

Cons

When I worked there it was constantly understaffed in the lab which made it easy to get burned out. They also didn't pay for technical support on nights and weekends so if you were working one of those shifts and an analyzer broke down you had to figure it out yourself.

RSS Feed </> Embed