West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District

CEO

Instructional Aide

Current Employee - Instructional Aide
    Current Employee - Instructional Aide

I have been working at West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District part-time

Pros

It was a great experience and you learn essential skills and build on the ones you already have while working with excellent teachers and staff. Everyone is happy there and very helpful. The work environment is a positive one and a safe place to be.

Cons

Due to the economy it is hard to go from part time to full time because they do not want to pay benifits. It is such a great place to work, that it is hard to get in the door. No one wants to retire.

Good district to be a part of

I worked at West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District

Pros

Teachers are very focused, organized and maintain good classroom management.. An effort is made to promote team building among the teachers and staff at the school level.

Cons

Can be bureaucratic like any school district. Very competitive to get open jobs

Make a difference in a child's life!

Current Employee - Instructional Aide in West Windsor, NJ
    Current Employee - Instructional Aide in West Windsor, NJ

I have been working at West Windsor-Plainsboro Regional School District

Pros

This is a great school district to work for. I love the particular school where I am an aide. All of the teachers are so warm and welcoming to the aides. Plus they greatly appreciate any help you give them. I look forward to going to work every day because I have a very interesting varied schedule, and because I love helping children in any way that I can. I never have boring days where I find myself looking at the clock every 10 minutes. Instead, the day just zips by because there is always something new happening. In addition, there is a great sense of camaraderie among all of the aides. They are all very well educated, very interesting to talk to, and lots of fun. I am constantly learning and growing as a person. Most importantly, I feel like what I do really matters, and that I am truly making a difference in the lives of the children with whom I work.

Cons

Really none! Well, maybe that sometimes it's hard to please all of the very demanding parents who reside in this district. However, usually it's the teachers (not the aides) who have to deal with those issues. Also, the job can sometimes be a little tough if you're assigned to a very difficult student who has extreme learning problems, especially if you're responsible for that student for the entire school day.

Just always try to keep the lines of communication open. Be willing to listen to the ideas and opinions of the aides.