WestLake Financial Group

Employment Status

Reset
2.0
Paul J Burt

1. Incompetent to the top.

Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Benefits Coordinator in Buffalo Grove, IL

I worked at WestLake Financial Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job was relatively easy, though it was constantly busy. The benefits weren't too bad either. They did have some small company perks like a Christmas party.

Cons

It seems the further up the ladder the more incompetent they got. Upper management was totally full of themselves (example: when they would come into work, they used to park in the fire lane rough in front of the doors). Some had no business being in the positions they had there at the time. And even though it was a small company there was such a disconnect just by walking through a doorway from the call center to the offices, no one knew what the other was doing.

Advice to Management

Close. Your competition has grown way too strong and your failing business won't last with what you have in place.

2. I had a good experience at Westlake.

I worked at WestLake Financial Group full-time

Pros

Great environment to grow and advance career.

Cons

Can be easy to work long hours

Advice to Management

Work/life balance needs to be improved

3. Worst Financial Institution

Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at WestLake Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No pros at all

Cons

Worst company I've worked for. Payroll is a joke unqualified employees never was paid correct amount or on time.

Advice to Management

Need to mentor employess

5. working at westlake

Pros

was one of the worst experiences of my life

Cons

there was no room for growth.

Advice to Management

This was a toxic environment. Based on comments here, it still is. I have met more people who were fired there than I can count. What does that say?

Real Review Alert: WestLake really is a "WestFake"

I worked at WestLake Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really enjoyed working with the MANY people that have come and gone there (oh yes, extremely high turnover.) Also great clients and vendors who have gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to lack of service and non-payments. It's a shame, the owner does not have any values or scruples.

Cons

It is clear that the company is trying to come off as appealing to work for, therefore they post fake favorable reviews here. They also boast about their "coveted" 101 Best and Brightest award that they simply just purchased. I am positive that no one in their right mind that has ever worked at Westlake would say such things about how great the work-life or culture is there. The honest truth, they treat employees poorly. They micromanage their employees and monitor their every move. The company is slowly deteriorating. I don't believe there's much of a future there.

Advice to Management

"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near." Just sell or close the business and stop harming the good people and small businesses around you.

Job Outta Hell....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Pros

Absolutely nothing positive to say.

Cons

Where to i start... the empty promises and fake attitudes from the senior management is appalling. starting work there i already had employees telling me i would be looking for a job within months and they were correct... This place is a joke and anyone who is looking for a real career needs to stay away from a place like this. The CEO and President are very paranoid and do not trust any of the staff. They constantly walk around the office to "check up" on people but are really trying to catch them doing things like selling company secrets or sabotaging clients, which never happens. The office has a very bad odor from the mold growing in the ceilings but management doesn't worry about it because the president has his nice office and the CEO works out of another office so he doesn't have to deal with the employees that he cant stand. The "idiots" in the call center as he most fondly referred too are really good people who are just trying to make an honest living but sadly are the ones that are being treated terribly. They have many nice offices and rooms in the back of the building but choose to stick people on one side to be able to monitor people easier. Putting 4 people in a room the size of a small bathroom with no windows isn't the best way to cater to your employees. The turnover rate is ridiculous within two months of working there more than 10 people left the company or were either let go for some bogas reason. Even the VP was fired without notice for no real reason. They claim to be one of the "Best and Brightest" companies to work for but they basically bribe and watch the employees fill out the surveys to get the necessary results they need to have something to show to clients. They walk around not really caring for what they want to do for their clients but how much money they can milk out of them. The erratic actions and thoughts that the president and CEO have are the reason that there is no moral within the company and why no one wants to work there. The CEO would constantly desire only "young, beautiful" looking people to work for his company and "not to hire" anyone who does not fit the correct "image". Going out to lunch was even uncomfortable because the CEO would constantly make inappropriate comments about other woman and would even sometimes take pictures with his phone.... He and the President both work together to make sure no one can succeed even themselves and that's why i urge anyone trying to get a job here to STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!!! And please do not believe any of the 5 star reviews they are all written by the president and CEO to try and make the glassdoor reviews not seem so bad but look at the rest and it speaks for itself. This place is a joke and most likely will be out of business in the months to come.

Advice to Management

Cut your losses and be faithful to your wives.

8. Proud to tell people I work for WestLake

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at WestLake Financial Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very well known and established company. Unique business model which certainly sticks out when I explain to people exactly what I do.

Cons

Obvious long hours but sometimes I can finish my work quickly and get home early.

Advice to Management

Catered lunch would be nice so we dont have to leave the office during the day. This way we can finish our work earlier and get home to our families.

Empty promises and the place to be if you want to destroy your reputation in the benefits world

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at WestLake Financial Group full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hard working employees, short coomute if you live in the Buffalo Grove area, free lunch during open enrollment, plenty of parking

Cons

I was part of the leadership team and can Confirm fake reviews were written. In fact, I wrote one! The owner is paranoid, sells things to clients that cannot be delivered, and fires others because the client leaves or threatens to leave because he sold something thatcould not be supported with the WFG archaic technogy. He makes promises of change, tells you he will support change, but doesn't put his money where his mouth is. Also, the owner and his "cronies" are worst than 16 year old girls with their gossip about the hardworking.g employees. It's comical to see how they attempt to turn employees against each other. There were many times I was uncomfortable with how the President talked down about people who were giving everything they have. Also, the CEO is unprofessional....he makes inappropriate comments in front of the ladies regularly.

Advice to Management

Stop wasting your time writing fake reviews. You have potential to turn things around....start with hiring real technology resources, invest in improving your technogy, and stop being paranoid....your employees are not out to get you. Keep your promises to employees and don't sell this.gs to clients you are not yet prepared to deliver. Pay your bills....It's embarrassing! Stop blaming Tami for the mess that WestLake is....she wasn't perfect but the mess is the CEOs.

10. Former Employee. Good Company to

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at WestLake Financial Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Their CEO Paul J. Burt is actively involved with the company and I believe is noted as one of the best bosses to work for here in Chicago. The hot lunch is also a big perk at this growing company.

Cons

I had a long commute and it was not ideal dealing with the traffic to and from work everyday so I have decided to take a job that pays less and a company that is not as friendly but my wife is happier now.

Advice to Management

Keep up the meal program. I have highly recommended your company to the recruiter that found me the job.

Not looking good.

Pros

An easy job to get.

Cons

High turnover in leadership positions making employees trust no one. Rumors that the new President is being demoted? Which means he is being booted out. Is a shame because he is loyal and wants good things for the clients and employees.

Advice to Management

Cut your losses and let the good people who work for you move on.

RSS Feed </> Embed