Westdale Asset Management

Add Photos

Joseph G. Beard

They were good to me

Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsReally good work environment, everyone from onsite to regional office are easy to talk to. Very low stress and help is always available.

ConsThey pay isn't great, that's the only reason I left. I got an offer that I had to accept because even though I had great yearly reviews, my pay didn't show it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake your valuable employees feel appreciated not only with words but also with pay.

Good experience

Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) Omaha, NE

ProsGreat people to work with, Community is well kept, Management fair and willing to work with employees regarding time off.

ConsCommission not as high as other management companies. Have to work all weekends and even holidays. Some team members difficult to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was overall satisfied with the management and felt they did a fine job regarding employees as well as residents.

Westdale is very good to the employees.

Community Manager (Current Employee) Stone Mountain, GA

ProsWestdale provides a positive working environment to all employees. Excellent benefits.

ConsI think more cross training will help some employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is laid back. No micromanaging. A very positive work place. Very supportive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

leasing consultant

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee)

Pros- Average pay, $50 commission per lease and good benefits
    - Allows you to have a personal life. Don't have to work long hours
    - Company treat me well when I had a personal issue

Cons- When you have to work on weekends they only give you 1 1/2 day off during the week, not 2 days like the majority of the companies
    - Understaff during weekends at rent time. Manager and assistant manager never work on weekends, therefore the leasing person is swamp with work those days. Usually have to stay late those days but never get paid for that time

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management should find a way to accurately evaluate the performance of a Property Manager. It shouldn't be only about money.

Valuable learning experience for entry into property management.

Assistant Community Manager (Former Employee)

ProsEmployee/ employer support is above average for the industry. The discount you can receive to live on site is 20% off rent which is deducted half from each pay period pre-tax.

ConsThe pay scale average is less than average for the industry and many communities are not adequately staffed for severely populated areas.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee morale and recognition is important and needs improvement. Leasing commission should be tiered based on the community occupany or perhaps individual number of leases per month to allow for bonuses for the employees at properties that have high retention/satisfaction.

Worked for Westdale Asset Management? Contribute to the Community!