Western Growers

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tom Nassif

Great Company!

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsI've been working at Western Growers for almost 6 months and have been impressed with my experience so far. The company culture is great; good work/life balance. Western Growers believes in their products and works to attract great people to the organization. It’s a growing company with many opportunities to be promoted within and recognized for your hard work and achievements. Employees work very hard but it is a fun and exciting environment to be a part of. Management is there for you every step of the way, they're accessible, and want to see employees succeed by providing coaching and helping you with anything you may need. My team is motivated, fun, and always supportive; I’ve learned a lot from them.

ConsI haven't experienced anything negative at Western Growers.

Working there made me brain dead with boredom and no chance of advancement.

Clerk (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThe only pro I can think of is that it was close to where I was living at the time

ConsSalaries are below average and at review time one is lucky to get an increase of a measly quarter.
    Some of the department heads take no interest in the daily activities and would rather hide away in their offices ignoring everything and everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow through on promises of advancement . Laying off your employees of 40 yrs and older can hopefully get you in trouble one day. Very smart of you to make the employees being laid off sign a waiver that
    will not involve legal action or they forfeit their paid time off and other accrued finances.

I Enjoy Coming to Work!

ProsThe organization is dedicated to helping the farmers who grow fresh fruits and vegetables. Since I believe eating more fresh fruits and vegetables is key to good health, it makes me feel good to be part of an organization that promotes healthy choices.
    There are good opportunities to grow within the organization.
    The company has a diversified portfolio of business lines.

ConsThe company is growing so fast (not a bad thing) that it is running out of space at its Irvine headquarters.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider relocating to a larger building to accommodate all of the recent growth of new employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Family oriented company with steady employment and good growth potential.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWestern Growers is a great place to work if you are looking for a steady career. There are many employees that have been there for 15+ years. It's like a Family. Western Growers is also a good company to work for if you are interested in growth potential. They have a variety of new and exciting positions for internal and external job seekers.

ConsI personally did not have any negative experiences at Western Growers. The employees are great and love their colleagues. I have not experienced such a caring group of people at any point throughout my career.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a Management Training Program. There are some employees within the company that have management potential. If someone can uncover that potential and groom these individuals to become solid managers it would strengthen the company exponentially.

Like a family business with a very entrepreneurial approach and a service-focused culture.

ProsThe diversity of business functions at WG translates to real opportunities for individual growth for those who want to succeed, and management is very supportive of those who individuals. As a trade association, the focus is always on doing what's best for the members. With so many entities and services offered, that mentality creates a unifying effect for the whole workforce.

ConsRecent rapid growth (which is obviously a very good thing) has resulted in lots of new coworkers, which creates some challenges in keeping our sense of unity.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep providing opportunities for advancement for everyone in the organization, and celebrate those who make the effort to do more and advance professionally.

This company takes clients money & does everything possible NOT to pay client's health claim

Claims (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsIt is accessable from the 405 and 55 freeways.

ConsSome really sick and injured people have the fight of their lives on their hands getting their claims paid, not getting canceled, not having their credit ruined and premiums not tripled every year. It is really evil to have seen the senior and mid-management try to manipulate the facts on the health insurance policies they sell and worse, try to get the on-line workers to do their dirty work. Senior management does sweetheart deals behind the scene for board members that the average client has not access to and will pay for in higher group rates. Claims and Administration Department have a revolving door of managers and directors - lots of terminations first of each month – not the brightest bunch – little college and poor PC skills. A lot of begging for money from co-workers for showers and selling kids stuff. The main office is dated and quite dirty - mold on water fountains, soda machines and human waste in bathrooms around the toilet and on the wall. 10 years ago - in the middle of a working day, the president went into his office and shot himself in the head - HR would not let anyone go home - it was the saddest day of my working career.

Advice to Senior ManagementTurn yourself in before the State of CA & AZ and federal department of Labor take over.

Flag Review
    Western Growers VP human resources responded to this review Feb 6, 2014 EditDelete
    This organization has undergone major changes in the last 12 years. I can’t say that everything cited by the individual above is true, but I do know that there were some significant problems in ... More

Work for Western Growers if you enjoy staying where you are

Manager (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsBenefits and down to earth employees.

ConsLimited opportunities for growth
    Poor compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove opportunities for advancement, recognition and salary

Would not work here again!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Health Insurance package, decent location

ConsPoor management, dis-respectful/rude colleagues, lack of communication

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease hire people who have interpersonal skills and know how to respectfully communicate issues or concerns.

Flag Review
    Western Growers vice president human resources responded to this review Feb 13, 2014 EditDelete
    As a member of senior management I have accessed our organization’s need to continually develop the skills and abilities of current and future leaders. I am happy to report Western Growers hired a ... More

Worked for Western Growers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Western Growers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Western Growers CEO Tom Nassif. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Western Growers employees.