Western Union

Western Union Reviews in Englewood, CO

Updated Jun 5, 2014

Western Union President, CEO and Director Hikmet Ersek

Hikmet Ersek

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance if you allow it and don't let the job take over your life(in 24 reviews)

• Good benefits, salaries are competitive(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management changes major initiatives each year and employee confidence diminishes(in 12 reviews)

• Work-life balance is out of balance(in 4 reviews)

48 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very interesting project. Bilingual research on AML alerts.

Global Due Diligence Analyst (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsChance to make a difference by enforcing due diligence to prevent money laundering.

ConsTends to have committee structure with little accountability. People are afraid to come up with new ideas. Very hidebound corporate culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementImplement more modern management techniques to encourage innovation and invest serious money in a new integrated IT structure.

OK

Senior Manager Finance (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsGood benefits, salaries are competitive

ConsVery political, quite a few dishonest / selfish individuals. Culture has turned toxic over the past few years.

Chaos

Marketing (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsWorking at a global company and the benefits. The worker bees are really working hard and trying to make a difference, very difficult sometimes with how upper management is constantly changing teams and priorities.

ConsVery hard to move positions within the company. If you get on the right team, it can be a great experience but if you don't it can be very difficult. Corporate goals often are not laid out until March/April and team goals often change during the year. Executive team not willing to take many risks on innovation. Very few women left on the Executive team. Being flexible during change is different than complete chaos.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good pay, good work/life balance, Outsourcing and reorgs galored, employees devalued

Senior Applications Developer (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsGood pay, good work/life balance.

ConsCompany has outsourced accounting, support groups, and IT. All that is left is business and sales.
    Very little chance for advancement or employee growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsourcing does not work. It is going to cost you customers and money in the long run.
    The last round of IT layoffs discarded an incredible amount of system knowledge. Programming skills are somewhat portable, but system knowledge is not.

You need to value and invest in your employees more.

Eventful

Director (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsGood salaries at the beginning

ConsHorrible management as they behave like dictators

Advice to Senior ManagementWake up and recognize your VPs are unprofessional

Dysfunctional

Operations Analyst (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsThe building is getting the interior redesigned and was attractive.

ConsI worked as a contractor for 3 months. There was no sense of unity or team in my department. The manager/director never talked to me, my only direction was from a programmer who was inept and strange.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to develop or recognize talent. Be less focused on your own career development and pay attention to your staff

Good overall company

Vice President (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsGood working environment, some good amenities. Staff are friendly and good to work with. Global company brings good experiences across many different cultures.

ConsCompany direction seems to change often causing waste, inefficiencies and employee frustration. Company is often bogged down due to this.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to continue to innovate

Bipolar company with severe lack of direction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsGreat people and interesting opportunities
    Campus should look nicer once finished

ConsBureaucracy, hard to get anything done
    Huge layoffs without warning
    Huge layoffs in the midst of reconstructing and "revamping" entire campus
    Big blow to company morale every time this happens (annually!)

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to your guns when you develop a plan. Don't make people kill themselves to achieve your goals and targets which are constantly raised only to lay them off for no good reason

Used to be a great place to work - could be again

Applications Architect (Former Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsThey have some excellent people working there.

ConsOnce they started to please the shareholders it became a very difficult place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementOutsourcing may not be the best option.

Good company to work for

Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsCulture of the company was great, good development programs

ConsNumerous job reorganizations take place each year

Worked for Western Union? Contribute to the Community!