Western Washington University

Western Washington University Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Western Washington University President Bruce Shepard

Bruce Shepard

As an Orientation Student Advisor, I enjoyed working for the New Student Service Family Outreach Office

ProsAlways fun and changing all of the time

ConsDuring the summer there is long hours and limited hours during the school year

best people to work with

AS Communications Assistant (Former Employee) Bellingham, WA

Prosgreat team work, culture, and encouraged to grow both professionally and personally.

Constoo many bureaucratic procedures

Advice to Senior Managementgive the students more freedom to change policies or communicate bureaucratic procedures

Rec Center Employee

Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) Bellingham, WA

ProsFlexibility towards a students schedule and needs, positive reinforcement, an educational work environment that's inclusive instead of exclusive

ConsLack of communication between faculty members/departments

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication and mutual promotion of events and activities between different sports/activities/departments/office/students/university at large would greatly increase member participation and increase numbers of incoming users at the Rec Center.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Faculty Assistant

Faculty Assistant (Former Employee) Bellingham, WA

ProsFlexible hours, low stress, friendly faculty. Great opportunity for extra practice and a good way to gain exposure to experiences you normally wouldn't have access to.

ConsThere's more work to be done during the times your own class coursework intensifies. Few if any opportunities offered to move around.

Great student jobs available

Research Assistant - Software Services (Current Employee) Bellingham, WA

Pros- Easy to find a job if you're a student
    - Flexible schedules at most jobs

Cons- The University has recently put a pay freeze on all student jobs, effectively halting all wage increases for student employees

Great community of students. The managers create a fun work atmosphere for a job that could be less desirable.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat sense of community with co-workers, some downtime between calls to finish homework. Also, there are great conversations to be had with some of the potential donors that are contacted.

ConsSome potential donors don't want to be called or are short with callers on the phone. This can be discouraging but have a tough skin and know that its not personal.

Fitness Attendant

Fitness Attendant (Current Employee) Bellingham, WA

ProsGreat supervisors who will guide you and help you when you have any questions. Working at the Wade King Student Recreation Center is a fun, straight-forward job.

ConsCan get boring. Not to challenging. Don't let this scare you off though, it's a perfect job for an entry-level student who wants fitness or aquatic experience on their resume.

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI was satisfied with my experience at Western Washington University.

ConsThere was nothing too terrible about Western, as it is with most places, some people are easier to work with than others.

A great place to live!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Bellingham is a great place to live. People are nice and chill.
    - Excellent university

ConsHelpdesk jobs are boring.

Good Job and Good Team

Desk Attendant (Former Employee) Bellingham, WA

ProsWorked with School Schedule
    Good way to meet peers

ConsNot very many hours available

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow Desk Attendants to do more in the community

Worked for Western Washington University? Contribute to the Community!