Westinghouse Lighting

Updated January 3, 2015
Updated January 3, 2015
3.5

Raymond Angelo

A welcoming summer internship where I gained valuable experience

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Westinghouse Lighting

Pros

Westinghouse is a great place to work because the management is welcoming and committed to the company's goals. They recognize that the best way to achieve these goals is to have the best employees, so the environment encourages learning, motivation and open communication.

Cons

Some may feel that the small size of the company allows little room for upward mobility. Additionally, some employees lack passion for their work.

worst management ever-complete joke. Somebody take us out of the dark ages please.

Current Employee - Customer Service
    Current Employee - Customer Service

I have been working at Westinghouse Lighting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Are there any pros? There are some nice people that work here. Other than that, everyone walks on eggshells - and our Senior Management controls everyone and will fire anyone for having an opinion.

Cons

the three men that sit in the front - our executive staff. For 6 months they did nothing but degrade women in the worst way. They wanted to come up with a name for a new product and our leader thought a hot woman with her nipples showing thru everything would be the key to everything. Another leader is seriously bipolar. They make fun of homesexuals, all races but their own. It's the worse place I've ever worked. Why am I still here?

too much to say. Someone wanted to have a football pool and the idiot in the front office said no, because it would cause us not to work.

A company ready for growth!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Westinghouse Lighting

Pros

I think Westinghouse Lighting is a great place to work. I have been a long time employee and I have seen this company change to meet the needs of today's business environment. There are a lot of great things going on here and the company is ready for growth. After careful consideration and good look at the market place, I chose to continue my career at Westinghouse. I love the people and I love the company.

Cons

As the company transitions for growth, the changes are challenging for some people. However, the company is committed to its employees and has an open-door policy to discuss concerns and to inspire new job opportunites for everyone.

Change is hard but necessary. Stay focused and on course!