Westlake Services

Updated December 15, 2014
2.3

Westlake Services Chairman Don Hankey
Don Hankey

Great company to work with.

I have been working at Westlake Services

Pros

Good people to work with.

Cons

parking could be a challenge.

Money hungry sub prime lender

Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Westlake Services

Pros

Gain a book of business that you make money off of monthly

Cons

Very difficult to get a dealer signed up and using the program due to very high fees charged on every deal.

If there was an option for no stars, I would have chosen it.

Current Employee - Project Lead
    Current Employee - Project Lead

I have been working at Westlake Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Can't think of one positive point for this company.

Cons

Too little pay for the amount of work and time commitment expected. Firings and layoffs are common. Clients are dissatisfied because of the high turn over rate with employees and poor quality of work. Management ruled with their irrational emotions (kind of reminded me of a spoiled child) instead of their heads. They had supposedly won Chicago's "Best and Brightest" to work for award, but not one employee there could remember filling out the survey. I honestly don't know how this place is still in business.

Disoriented, Disappointing, Low Ball !

I have been working at Westlake Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good people, Technology lot of chance to learn java web app dev. Spring, Camel, Maven , Hibernate, JBoss and so on.

Cons

Low compensation, Perks - 0 , Benifits -0, Low ball pay

Try to pay the average salary , so that everyone is happy

collections

I have been working at Westlake Services full-time

Pros

Co workers are really great to get along with, money is not the same has before it has change a lot.

Cons

Management is non existence, every couple of months there is a different person in management. Long time ago is was more about the employes now it more amount money. They don't take care of you at all. Supervisors are good but not all of them. There's a better possibility of getting fired than getting promoted.

Take care of you're employes, cause their the bred and butter of the company, cause happy employes mean more $$$ towards the company.

Overall, a good way of gaining experience in the business world for any entry level candidate seeking to get their feet soaked.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Westlake Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get the opportunity to gain some experience of how the business environment functions and different personas.

Cons

Where to start? The company has many flaws that need immediate attention. To begin, the company is constantly facing lawsuits from varies angles including customers, employees, and perhaps even dealerships. Employee turnover is extremely high, especially for the sales department. There will be conflict with management and the objective of the company if you possess high morals and integrity as this environment involves making cold heart decisions. The majority of management lacks a proper educational background to correspond with their position. The environment is very unprofessional as management is constantly talking about how they personally feel towards any individual in the company in front of other members. People with high morals and integrity, if you are physically attractive, stay away from company events as all boundaries are crossed. Finally the pay, for anonymous reasons I'll keep my title hidden. However lets just say that I was making about 20k less than the companies competitors. In addition to making 20k less, my pay was composed of about 33 percent bonus and 66 base pay (salary). The 66 percent pay was salary, meaning there was no way getting paid overtime. On top of a fix pay, you were required to work 2 Saturdays a month, which meant working overtime without the overtime pay. Now the 33 percent bonus was really your pay that you deserved every cent for (in a perfect world). However, since the world is not perfect, the 33 percent is based on how well you perform on with your responsibilities, but in reality it came down if the department did well and if not, lets make it up by taking the employees pay away (bonus). In essence, your bonus pay is a reserve for the company's loss. On top of that, their is a huge discrepancy in bonus pay among people who are "liked" and people who are not "liked". My advice to future staff: get your experience and find something greater.

Keep it professional and acknowledge your staffs input on productively. Competition is on the rise and the only way to survive is by hearing your employees.

Dealer Manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Westlake Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people and can be great organization.

Cons

Financial products are designed for bottom feeding.

Thanks for the opportunity.

easy!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Westlake Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

money is good hours are good! i met a lot of new friends there. Supervisor was very helpful and doesnt mind working around your schedule.

Cons

the only cons are some of the rude customers! they will curse at you and threaten you! Sometimes people will hang up on you as well.

I was part of a strike team that was able to bring down Westlake 30 days Delinquency of 60,000,000.00 to 26,000,000.00

Former Employee - Collector in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Collector in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Westlake Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This Company gives everyone a chance to work & grow.

Cons

Challenges are mainly with in your self to stay competitive constantly with rest.

Great Place to Build Experience, but you get Treated like a Child

Former Employee - 30's Collector in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - 30's Collector in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Westlake Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The Money is Great if you work hard

Cons

Management Sucks, High Turnover Rate

Learn to manage and care for your workers, We too have feelings and personal lives.