Weston Group Reviews

2.5
Randy Weston

1. Patient and Resident Focused Therapist Owned Company

I have been working at Weston Group

Pros

Flexible schedules.
    Therapist Owned.
    National leader in providing care and services in assisted living communities
    Strong focus on education and training for staff, families and residents
    Innovative approach working with home health companies

Cons

None that significantly impact my satisfaction with the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus not only on the needs of the residents and families but also on the staff.

2. This company can't be trusted, I was asked to do unethical things so I quit!

Current Contractor - PTA in Lenoir City, TN
    Current Contractor - PTA in Lenoir City, TN

I have been working at Weston Group as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros close to home, that's really about it. Very unethical company, caseload is always very low and they have no equipment to treat pts with

Cons

therapy dept is disorganized , no appropriate equipment, no computers to document with, no training with computer system, Some of the supervisors for Lenoir city/Powell TN are unethical. No support. Very unethical company. Stay away if u want to keep ur license

Advice to Management

(Lenoir city, Clinton, Powell) There was no support and the boss was unreliable to get in contact with. I called and texted him several times and after two weeks he finally got back and still didn't answer my questions.

3. Great overall place to work. People make the place.

I have been working at Weston Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Senior management is transparent. We always know the goal at hand.

Cons

Company is lean and mean so there is some downside to this

Advice to Management

Keep trying to innovate.

5. Do not work for this company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehigh Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehigh Valley, PA

I have been working at Weston Group full-time

Pros

Flexibility and supportive therapists... Those are the ONLY pros

Cons

Poor management which impacts all staff negatively, poor communication between staff and management, little support offered to employees, pressure to commit unethical acts to increase caseload and profit, leadership is nonexistent, higher ups, hr, and administration are extremely disorganized which is evident as it impacts all employees, very few rights practiced in terms of ethics and morals; often times therapists feel that practices are unethical and/or mistreatment between management and employees or employees and employees yet nothing is done by authority figures. I would not recommend anyone work for this company, support from management is nonexistent and this is very evident from therapists to housekeeping staff. It negatively impacts everyone.

6. Most unethical company I ever had the displeasure to work for.

Former Employee - Administrator in Lehigh Valley, PA
    Former Employee - Administrator in Lehigh Valley, PA

I worked at Weston Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility. No other pro to speak of. Run

Cons

Lowest pay scale in the area. No training and Weston will terminate on a whim.

Advice to Management

Weston Senior Living Personal care homes. When you purchase a facility actually put money into the building. Do not refuse to remodel the facility. When census is low do not blame the administrator. How can an administrator sell a facility that is run down and dirty. Treat your staff with respect and do not terminate your staff just because you failed to train them. Put people in charge on the corporate level that actually know what they are doing. And not insult and belittle the staff. Give your employees raises. Most employees have been working for many years with out a raise. MR Weston stop purchasing personal care homes and put money into the building you already own. Stop terminating good employees because they are doing their job and following State guidelines. Remember how you treat your workers reflects on your business. This is why all your personal care homes have low census. On provisional licenses. Word of mouth travels fast. Any one reading this. Do not work for this company. You will be sorry. And do not admit a family member in any of his buildings. Run. Weston is termination happy.

Absolutely the worst experience I have had working for a company.

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Weston Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff at the facility were hard working capable, caring staff who loved their residents.

Cons

The top management are useless. Their questionable practices, reducing wages by a third, firing entire staff and leaving two people to do a job formerly done by 10, and doing it in an unkind manner, instills a very unsettling feeling in both staff and residents alike. The food has gone from wonderful, when it was owned by a different company, to extremely poor, now that they are in charge. They have women in top leadership who have no experience in corporations, so they make their own rules and skirt legalities, and are making unlawful choices.
    They care nothing about anything or anyone, except the owner's latest electric car.

Advice to Management

You cannot go far treating residents and staff as chattel. Anyone who has any degree of respectability cannot continue to work for this organization. They don't care about anything but money. There is no culture whatsoever once Weston took over this facility. They should be ashamed.

Struggling to survive in the market

I have been working at Weston Group full-time

Pros

Great people in the field that truly want to do their best.

Cons

Leadership that lacks vision and direction, angry and struggling to survive and taking desperate measures to do so. Full time staff hours are routinely cut to the minimum to meet productivity goals. Pay cuts, and other benefits lost. There does not seem to be a strategic plan to grow and evolve to meet today's market demands, so competitors are swooping in and taking full advantage of this. Very sad.

Advice to Management

Better communication that is meaningful and purposeful. Start planning for the future instead of laboring over the past. You can't fix the past, you can only learn from it and build a stronger future. Otherwise, there won't be a future.

9. Flexible, Independent Work environment

I have been working at Weston Group

Pros

Set your own schedule, treatments as short or as long as you need, no micromanagement, updated with new electronic medical records for ease of communication.

Cons

Medicare changes decreasing workload some-not a Weston Group issue but since we serve mostly elderly it does affect us.

Advice to Management

Support the good staff with rewards for good performance and high productivity.

not good

Current Employee - OTR in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - OTR in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Weston Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

when starting I was told that I need to build a caseload, which managent did assist me in doing. not complaints there . i was told that I would get my hours in which case i have been able to get 32 so far to meet the benefit requirement

Cons

im not happy with the discrepencies in the paperwork. i work at 2 facilities, and one is comp paperwork, the other is hand written and havent rolled over yet. its very confusing to regear and do things differently day by day. there should be more consistency in all buildings. management is supportive but far away. within the 1st work of starting they increased the productivity standard and stated that if productivity wasnt achieved then they would start writing therapists up, which to me is very micromanagerial. theres only 1 comp in the building, for a staff of 4 and thats mini laptop and keyboard is very small. new hires are left to fend for themselves, and learn job functions on their own. therapists have to basically treat, finish all doc, enter time daily by their limit, stay productive or ge written up, complete and correct all monthly billing, finish all verifications and enter on paper, to me thats herrondous for an 8 hr day. they need to SIMPLIFY a therapists job and eliminate red tape with BILLING!!! make a job easy not difficult!

Advice to Management

QUIT mocromanaging and threatening. getting written up is never a solution. thats simply micromanaging coming from someone with a management degree.

Possibly the worst emplyer I have ever worked for

I have been working at Weston Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Smaller company which has the capacity to offer competitve wages, and in theory, growth and upward mobility as they seem to fire and hire people / turn over people fairly quickly.

Cons

Weston Group's affiliate Paxxon Healthcare which was recently rolled out in Belmont Independent and Assisted Living facilities nation wide. Paxxon overstaffs buildings with traveling therapists, understaffs permanent managers, and tries to manage from afar without knowing their clients. The company provides few to no resources for therapists (including no computers for internet access, yet daily time cards are expected to be entered in their computer/electronic record keeping. Their documentation systems exist on paper and insurance verification system is archaeic (therapists are required to gather patient info, MD data and NPI info (again without a computer) and fax the requests to the east coast where it can take up to 10 days to hear back regarding patient's insurance. The company does not provide appropriate start up materials or guidance, including a company manual that has some chapters in triplicate and other chapters that are missing... including missing Medicare 700 forms. Again, few therapeutic resources are available for therapists including no access to theraputty, theraband, or hip kits for OT's to use to demonstrate for their patients. Management that is in place resides 3 hours away in another time zone and is done from one conference call to the next. Management also expects insane productivity levels, yet provides no means or resources for building case load, including no business cards, no flyers or handouts, no promotional resources, and limited interaction between corporate Paxxon and corporate Belmont leaves therapists and employees at the local level left floundering to guess how to negotiate the merger.

Advice to Management

Take a class in ethics. Then learn about your clients in each building. Don't think that a coroporate model that someone devised in their back yard in podunk PA is going to fly in reality in southern CA.

RSS Feed </> Embed