Westport One Reviews

4.2
Philip Bertsch

1. The One and Only

I worked at Westport One

Pros

They always try to get the best deal for you and are very personable, understanding people.

Cons

Sometimes there are no jobs for weeks, but then sometimes a job will come up and need you in less than 24 hrs

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Great Company

I worked at Westport One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Owner- very motivating and encouraging. Great Perks- Trips, Lunches, Dinners, Parties, time off and more. Great people to work with for the most part. Training and weekly meetings. Great place to learn recruiting.

Cons

Flexibility is limited and 1st year vacation is low.

Advice to Management

I would offer more flexibility with schedule/hrs and ability to work remote. I would also get rid of the negative, unprofessional employees. Although there are few, they represent the company in a bad light to candidates that they come in contact with and the employees that have to listen to them rant and rave with cussing and racist remarks. I'm sure the owner is unaware because he is extremely professional.

3. Excellent company!

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Westport One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management team at Westport One is a proponent of personal growth and skill development. Employees are afforded the knowledge and resources necessary to be successful in this business.

Cons

I cannot think of one negative thing to say about Westport One. This company has been voted "Best Places to Work" in St. Louis 9 times out of the last 10 years, and there is a reason why!

5. I have been able to grow, learn and earn. The atmosphere is one of sharing and caring.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Westport One full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training and support that is provided is phenomenal. Personal development is included as a part of our training.

Cons

I have worked here for 15 months and I sincerely don't know how to answer this. If I can't identify a negative thing by now I'm probably going to work here for quite sometime.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, it's working across the board.

6. A company with a mission

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Westport One full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They allow you to control your own destiny. They have amazing incentives, from gift cards to time off, to lunches, to trips. Great leadership that truly care about you.
    This is a business where you get the training to do the job and they are always there to help you when needed. With the ongoing training (almost every day), we have the tools needed to be successful. Then, I'm allowed to use my drive and creativity to be successful.
    It's pretty cool that we get to impact people's lives when we find them their next position and help a company fill an important need.

Cons

There isn't the opportunity to work from home. While they offer flexibility, it would be nice to have a day to work from home.

Advice to Management

Continue with the ongoing training. It really does help.

7. Initially satisfying, but ultimately horrible

Former Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Westport One part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great sales opportunity with the added benefit of helping others find a new career. The coworkers are great. If your recruiting niche is in a good market, you can do very well.

Cons

Hostile and unprofessional supervisor, constant profanity, some of the work systems are very archaic. Compensation structure is such that if you miss your quota for a couple of months, any commission after that goes right to the owner and it is very difficult to get back on track. This compensation structure was put in place over 40 years ago and has not kept up with inflation, or compares to other franchises within the MRI Network. The owner utilizes Joel Olsteen videos as a means to motivate his employees, yet passes judgement on his employees and their personal lives.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Get into the 21st century and try reading Proverbs 29:4

Westport One Response

Aug 25, 2014VP of Operations

At Westport One, we try to have a very professional work environment. We apologize that you found this not to be the case. We hope this was a abnormal circumstance rather than the norm. In terms ... More

8. Unusually micromanaged every work day

Former Employee - Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Westport One full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress and variety of personalities

Cons

Constantly micromanaged every work day

Advice to Management

Step back and let professionals be professional

Westport One Response

Aug 25, 2014VP of Operations

While we appreciate any feedback from former employees, there is a difference between micromanagement and training/development. Almost everyone of our search consultants had no recruiting experience ... More

One of the Best Companies to work for in St. Louis

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Westport One

Pros

Great Leadership; great direction; outstanding compensation program; incredible incentive program...21 in total; diversified industries; allows you to offer a full recruitment services to your clients

Cons

As a recruiter with Westport One, you will need to be willing to work with in a structured, performance based environment.

Advice to Management

The leadership team at Westport One should continue doing what they do. They should continue to provide the direction to grow the revenue of the organization.

Westport One Photos