Westside Mechanical

2.7

CEO

Just read the 1st review its laughable

I worked at Westside Mechanical

Pros

They seem to have work .

Cons

Questionable business ethics by salespeople,/managers,
    Doing paperwork like writing up reports etc.
    Pretty much have to do on your own time which adds up quickly. If your a chump you might like this place.
    I could say more but snake pit comment says how they are,just ask around.

None.

"Snake Pit"

Former Employee - Sales Engineer  in  Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Naperville, IL

I worked at Westside Mechanical full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Company keeps there good guys busy. If your selling, you can make some decent money.

Cons

Bad reputation, upper managment has proven to be "shady" and untrustworthy over the years. I have personally witnessed the demise of several very talented folks here over the past 4-5 years. Some managers are more concerned about there own survival and greed than for the good of the company and teams they oversee. Owner is not involved in the day to day business too much thus allowing senior leaders with other motives to run the place.
    Make a deal with these guys and its not worth the paper its written on, don't believe me just ask around the industry. There are more ex-Westside people in the industry than you can talk too.

I would advise you too stop playing games with people, it's a small world.

Best Mechanical Contractor in Chicago!

I have been working at Westside Mechanical

Pros

-The environment is very TEAM orientated. Everyone works together, and we are excited for each other when we get projects.
    - Westside has been around since 1970 and have a great reputation which is why I choose to work for them.
    -All of the employees are very well trained
    -Hard work and dedication has always been well noted , appreciated and well rewarded

Cons

none, I love working for this company

The management motivates the employees to excel in there jobs.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A Learning Experience

Current Employee - Office Staff  in  Rolling Meadows, IL
    Current Employee - Office Staff in Rolling Meadows, IL

I have been working at Westside Mechanical full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Casual wear but no gym shoes. Decently laid back. Good Pay. Fun Group to work with. VERY giving when it comes to company picnic raffles.

Cons

This is the biggest cluster of a mess. The technicians are allowed to speak to the dispatchers in any way they please, people are very territorial over their jobs (read: no training, including any manuals) and even when you have a legit case you are not allowed to complain. I had a co-worker reprimand me who was not my boss but my equal and I was told I needed to suck it up by upper management. People here are just afraid to discipline or confront anyone and this in turn is causing some REAL issues. In general no one's job is safe and there is a very high turn over rate of office staff and techicians. You are basically left on your own which can be great, but it's also a pain because sometimes you just need a little direction. There seems to be some shady business going on as fair as who is loyal to whom. Very high school like in the drama department. It's sad because this could be a good company to work for.

Your best bet would be to enforce the same rules for everyone. There may be some deal that was worked out with someone when they started but what is fair for one person is fair for another. Additionally, you cannot expect a person to strive in a position when that person is not given the tools or someone willing to help. No one is striving there because you aren't giving them the resources they need. You need to evaluate your staff and how instead of working as a team everyone is working against everyone.

Worked for Westside Mechanical? Contribute to the Community!