Westview Reviews

Updated July 1, 2014
Updated July 1, 2014

3.4

Donald A Phillips

My experience has been outstanding as a Mathematics substitute Teacher at Westview.

Current Employee - Mathematics Substitute Teacher  in  San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Mathematics Substitute Teacher in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Westview part-time for less than a year

Pros

Students at Westview are respectful, and eager to learn. These qualities that are not usually noticed in most other high schools are attributable, mainly, to the teaching staff and the administrative staff at that high school. I have high praise for Westview high school as I have had mostly good and satisfying experiences at that High School.

Cons

I do not think that I have had any negative experiences at Westview High School. The only "negative experience" is that I am not a full-time contract mathematics teacher at Westview

My advice would be to keep on running the high school as you have been and, please add me as another highly experienced, patient, and knowledgeable mathematics teacher to your well-qualified teaching staff.

Its a good place to be if you're a student, not as great if you're a teacher.

Former Employee - Teacher  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Teacher in San Diego, CA

I worked at Westview

Pros

It is one of the top 5 public high schools in San Diego. The teachers are overwhelmingly good, and the students are overwhelmingly pleasant and well-mannered.

Cons

The old guard. Teachers are entrenched in their courses, making it difficult to get out of the lower-levels or try new things. Dealign with some of the older teachers who believe that they are God's gift to education gets real old real fast.

If you think that a policy will benefit the students, then enforce it - militantly. Give teachers the support they need when they request it. Let teachers know if parents have issues or complaints. Make sure that the administrators reviewing teachers have a clue about how to work with the specific subject matter - a former elementary school PE teacher cannot give usable advice to an AP Chem teacher.

Worked for Westview? Contribute to the Community!