Weyerhaeuser

www.weyerhaeuser.com

Weyerhaeuser Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Doyle Simons

Pros
  • My boss is supportive when it comes to training and work/life balance(in 13 reviews)

• decent work environment, decent supervisor, interesting work(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Favortism is out of control and people are not held accountable if they are "in good" with middle management(in 5 reviews)

• CEO at that time did not relate well to senior management team or employees(in 4 reviews)

Very good place to work.

Green End Supervisor (Former Employee) Chester, SC

ProsGreat place to work and move up you do not have already know everything they will train you.

ConsA lot of hours and not enough family time.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote from within.

Where have all the intelligent people gone............???????

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCo-workers behaved toward and cared about each other as in a closely knit family.

ConsChauvenism is alive and well within the "Good Ole Boys" club at the top. No chance for women to advance except for the token few and the men aren't even afraid to say so to their faces! It's sad that the only veteran management employees left are the ones that were paid the least to begin with and really have no clue about which way to turn when they get to a new crossroad. Ethics Committee and Human Resources are in place to help management only. Do not contact them if you need the information to be kept confidential or are looking for resolution involving conflict with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay men and women the exact same salaraies when they're performing the same job or even more, across the board, and you'll find yourself retaining a larger percentage of intelligent people.

Good HR policies and practices

IT Consultant (Current Employee) Federal Way, WA

ProsLike the culture, people and short commute. Love my job supporting SAP. Believe in the mission and goals of the company and am very impressed with emphasis on safety for all workers, employees and contractors.

ConsNot a technology company and does not adopt new technology trends as quickly. It is mainly detrimental to my type of career as I don't get to use the latest operating system (Windows XP on my desktop) or new apps as quickly as I'd like to. Leadership mentoring and career advancements are not plentiful.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is tendency to be slow to adopt new ideas and trends. Inject more urgency in decision-making and not get mired in bureaucracy.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Integration Technical Support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA good work life balance...

ConsTop heavy at management level...

Overall good place to work

Operator (Current Employee) Pe Ell, WA

ProsThe benefits negotiated through collective bargaining with the union eases the worries about retirement and health care costs.

ConsWeyerhaeuser was at one time a family owned and operated company and the employees were part of the family. Now that its a huge corporation it purely financially driven.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep back, take a deep breath and think about what makes making money possible. Productive, happy, healthy employees!

disappointed in management

Industrial Sales (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

Prosopportunities galore with Weyerhaeuser Corporation...enjoyed the relationship building with co workers and customers. Still have relationships with both..... Value selling seminar was invaluable...

ConsPolitical game playing caused uncomfortable daily interacting with management. Dis-liked having to walk softly around someone that had no clue about management skills.....

Advice to Senior ManagementBe mentors !!!!!not bashing and detrimental to the progression of young enthusiastic employees..

Good Place to Work

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)

ProsI have worked for Weyerhaeuser for 15+ years in various businesses, multiple sites/states and multiple jobs (hourly production to management.) In my experience, Weyerhaeusr is committed to ensuring a safe working environment, following strong environmental practices, maintaining great business ethics, encouraging strong community involvement, and providing competitive wages and benefits. The people I have worked with in this time care about one another, appreciate our diversity and creativitiy, are passionate about what they do and accept nothing less than the best.

ConsOur culture seems to have changed from feeling like a small, family-like organization to a profit driven business.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on ensuring the long-term success of the company with profitability, but don't forget WHO it takes to make those result happen.

Worst

Not Reporting (Former Employee) Jackson, MS

ProsNone not a single reason to have anything good

ConsPoor conditions. Unsafe, bad managers, poor maintenance. Watch managers steal gas from the Company gas pumps and use in their personal autos. Managers take afternoons off to go golfing and claim meeting time. Use company credit cards and turn in as meeting expense. Yeah I am pretty sour on them but dang staling everywhere and the mistreat the employees trying to get the job done...its really wild. I am glad I am out that place, I was really shocked at all tha went on. No wonder they had a big downsize in 2011.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake away some authority from managers. Stop the wild spending for "meetings"...stop the thefts.

Became a less kind, less great company to work for as time went on and everyone had to do more with less.

Human Resources (Former Employee) Federal Way, WA

ProsHigher salaries than average market rate. Comfortable office environment at headquarters building with good parking access. Exempt staff does considerably better on all levels than non-exempt staff. Decent vacation and time off policies. Encourages volunteering and charitable giving.

ConsA once classy company with a lot of respect for employees is now run by the believed wishes of the shareholders. Employees, particularly those with longer service, are not valued. Benefits are just fair, after once leading the industry in excellent benefits. Too many cuts have been made where the workers are laid off and the abundance of retained management have created too many chiefs and a difficult circumstance for the workers who are left.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet standards for manager/supervisor ratios - no need for a manager to have only one or two direct reports. Seriously look at the AIP program; the vast bulk of funds go to managers and supervisors, creating more of a chasm between the groups. Does a supervisor of two or three people need to get a bonus equal to ten times the amount of his direct reports' bonuses? Company vision should encourage and value longer service employees rather than make them feel that they are stale and need to be put down.

Very nice people with very low turnover.

Accountant Intern (Current Employee) Federal Way, WA

ProsEveryone that works at corporate HQ is very nice. There are lots people who have been working there for 20+ years. I work with someone who has been there over 30 years. So many old timers mean they value their employees. They also still have a pension plan!

ConsI have not experienced any yet. However I have not been there long.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk with regular employees, don't just sit up in your offices everyday!

Worked for Weyerhaeuser? Contribute to the Community!