Weyforth-Haas Marketing Reviews

Reset
2.9

1. great company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Weyforth-Haas Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the company is a great company

Cons

They have to watch who they put in charge of each department

Advice to Management

usually a problem when trying to take a day off, supervisor always had a problem when I had a doctors appointment and now I have health issues So thank you

2. There is a lot of room for improvement

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Weyforth-Haas Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I had the good fortune of working directly with (and for) some brilliant people which enabled me to learn a lot during my time here. The opportunity to work with some large clients was a great experience. Hours were fairly flexible so long as the work got done. While the cons definitely outweigh the pros with no signs of getting better, I can honestly say the company as a whole was good to me.

Cons

Sadly, most of the brilliant people I mentioned above are now gone. The company is very reactive in attempts to keep great employees. Departments are extremely siloed and there is little to no movement to correct this. Clients hire the company to provide brilliant direct marketing but it's typically the clients that end up driving the projects (ie. here is what we want, go do it). Work is practically given away in hopes of getting additional work, which almost never happens. Senior people have been in place for far too long and are unwilling to change their outdated ways. Compensation is typically $10-25K less than other agencies.

Advice to Management

It's WAY past time to step aside.

3. Fun company but hard to advance

I worked at Weyforth-Haas Marketing

Pros

Fun work environment, fun people, young and energetic. A lot of training opportunities and a cross departmental training

Cons

Unclear path to advancement, not very competitive or driven environment- if you want to sit at your desk and watch youtube, no one will say anything as long as you get your work done- you are not pushed to take on more work, or challenged to step outside of your comfort zone

Advice to Management

promote employees when they deserve it, not just when you "get around to it"

5. A great place to work... for a while.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Weyforth-Haas Marketing

Pros

Incredible work environment. They really know how to have fun and truly do work hard and play hard. It has been one of the most enjoyable place to work.

Cons

Compensation is notoriously low by industry average.
    Professional advancement is nearly non-existent, they will lay on more, and more work, even give you a "promotion" with little more than a cost of living increase in salary.
    Management often will make decisions that will adversely affect their colleagues in an effort to save face in front of a client.
    Little to no cross-training.

Advice to Management

Better communication between departments (even cross training for better interdepartmental comprehension) will help to not make costly, ill-informed decisions. These better decisions may even allow for more appropriate compensation for the employees who often work long after hours to compensate for poorly handled decisions.

6. Good People, Bad Management

Former Employee - Account Executive in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Weyforth-Haas Marketing

Pros

Full of great people wanting to do the best they can with the tools they were dealt.

Cons

The lack of foresight in putting all their chips on one online platform has really done a number on this company.

Advice to Management

Expand your horizons, branch out and diversify

RSS Feed </> Embed