Whataburger Reviews

212 reviews filtered by

1. Great Company, Great Family

Current Employee - Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Whataburger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, treated well, family traditions still a part of the way they do business. Like all companies money matters but not as much as their employees.

Cons

If you are a manager and you are thinking of switching to this company for something easier, you need to look elsewhere. Managers here get their hands dirty. It's a great job but it's not for the lazier manager.

2. Fast Paced

Current Employee - Team Member in Stephenville, TX
    Current Employee - Team Member in Stephenville, TX

I have been working at Whataburger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay is above average compared to other fast food chains
    works well around school schedule and requests off
    Payday every week
    Never have to work same position (grill, fry station, register) Good if you get bored of same job

Cons

Sometimes no breaks if you work during the afternoon
    Very fast paced
    very easy to fall behind rushes, which can last anywhere between 30min to 2hrs
    Pushed to work faster alot
    Never get to work same position (grill, fry station, register) Bad if you hate being trained on something new every week

Advice to Management

develop a new system in kitchen that prevents falling behind tickets so easily

3. Was one heck of a job i never want again.

Former Employee - "orange Shirt" in North Richland Hills, TX
    Former Employee - "orange Shirt" in North Richland Hills, TX

I worked at Whataburger part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Meet people, customer service is the best thing to do i loved it! And discounts are always nice.

Cons

Never really cleaned our dishes like if you touch it you would be extremely grossed out, being the youngest you may find your self being taken advantage of.

Advice to Management

Work with your "orange shirt" guys more we always love to have you help us out honestly, it's makes us feel like you care instead of watching and yelling at us, also please try and work with the people in high school, when I work there i was in high school and i had difficulty juggling my first job and school but it toke almost 3 months for my GM to actually change my schedule so i could keep both because she was on "vacation" let it be known she was on vacation 3 times a month.

5. Corporate Office Management

I worked at Whataburger full-time

Pros

Compensation pretty favorable for the San Antonio market. Discount on food is a nice perk. Bonuses are paid quarterly and are pretty reliable.

Cons

High control environment that inhibits leadership from actually leading. It appears as though decisions are made from emotion or fear rather than sound business decision making processes. Tenure trumps competency resulting in exceptionally high turnover rates. Compensation is good but it seeks to compensate for subpar benefits.

Advice to Management

Allow your leaders to lead and provide employees the latitude to perform their job.

6. Well mannaged, fast paced, and allot of work.

Current Employee - Grill Cook in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Grill Cook in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Whataburger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pays ok. Has good management.

Cons

Only half off meals (for you and one other person though) have to work your butt off every day. Loads of company procedures you have to know to do perfectly.

Advice to Management

Be more lax on your procedures, I don't think it will matter if the meat finishes cooking bottom down.

7. General Manager 2 years

Current Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Whataburger full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, people are generally pretty good to work for, opportunity for advancement

Cons

24 hour operation (big one). No vacation until you complete 1 year of employment

Advice to Management

To much paperwork to do.

8. Management

Current Employee - Manager Job Step I in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Manager Job Step I in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Whataburger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Monthly bonus dependent on previous quarter performance, 401k, health (medical, dental, vision, AD&D) insurance, profit sharing, 50% employee discount (applies to any location if management and above), flexible hours due to being open 24-hours, overtime almost guaranteed depending on location, high performance standards, travel opportunities, growth opportunities

Cons

Not very flexible with hours, but they make a great attempt at accommodation as long as it doesn't hurt the unit

9. Learned a lot, met great people, miss it very much

Former Employee - Team Member in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Team Member in El Paso, TX

I worked at Whataburger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a great start as a first job. Learned a variety of jobs from cashier, to cook, to drive-thru. Gained a whole lot of experience with customer service. The other employees were definitely a great team. They were all very helpful in teaching and training me to do everything and calmed my nerves very much. I met great friends whom I still hang with today. That Whataburger definitely created many memories and gave me great laughs

Cons

Of course you'll come across the occasional "I'd like to speak to the manager MLAH" kind of people but it's a matter of not losing patience with them and being cooperative as possible everything will be fine. The managers were nice and were great about teenage humor considering the evenings were pretty much only teenagers working. As long as none of it got out of hand they were ok with us. However, the general manager definitely would get in his moods. He'll be kind and greet you. But if one little detail was off he'd turn into a sasquatch....I'm exaggerating a little, yes. He just really wanted everything to be on the right track and would freak out a little if it wasn't but overall he was an ok guy

10. Now that we are integrating with corporate wb we have a ton of benefits.

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Whataburger

Pros

All of the white collar perks: they pay for more than half of medical insurance costs they match 401k and managers and above get monthly bonuses.

Cons

They "require" managers and above to work a 50hr work week. If you are on salary they record your pay rate as if you are working a 40hr work week.

Advice to Management

Pay more in wages up front because it takes forever to get a raise.

11. What A Hell

I have been working at Whataburger

Pros

I like having a weekly pay check

Cons

Always work past hours scheduled. Never get day off when ask off.

Advice to Management

figure out how to schedule hours!

Whataburger Photos