Whelan Security

www.whelansecurity.com

Whelan Security Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

Patrick A. Twardowski

Career paths realized, for those who work for it.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFair consideration for advancement to those who actually deserve it. Management genuinely cares about the wellbeing of officers.

ConsPlenty of overtime; 6 month time at post before eligible for transfer; and you get an additional check when you pass your anniversary instead of getting paid when you take time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelope stronger relationships with officers and supervisors. Launch a forum or something similar for officers to connect with management.

Stop Hating on company and just make that Money.

Security Officer (Current Employee) Harlingen, TX

ProsI get the opportunity to help people and really make a difference like preventing crime and giving young people a positive influence. Awesome supervisors. I am proud to be a Whelan Security Officer.

ConsLike any other job you are going to have some bad apples.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work

Glowing comments are probably phony and from manager kissers

Security Guard (Former Employee) Baltimore, NY

ProsThey can work with you, if they put their mind to it, but you cannot criticize openly or honestly; they will kick you in the teeth.

ConsAll those glowing praises you read by reviewers are not the whole and complete story; like so many companies, they operate in a climate of fear and complete control; the EEOC said as much. They can do what they want - even lie and be totally unfair, if they want. The reviews that give 'glowing comments' are suspect: have you ever considered that the people who give this high praises are not honest, deliberately kowtowing to management in order to smooze or "suck in"? Honest comments would not always be so 'politically correct'. In the time I worked for this company I saw poor management, ignoring and shunning of opinion, lying, and inhumane and dangerous control! I don't believe a company that does this can be awarded such praise except by deception or deceit. These nefarious tactics seem to be part and parcel of our entire system, however.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonor the rules of AMNESTY and like-minded groups, as well as human-rights groups (on down to the Geneva Convention), and strive for a completely honest and 'safe' environment, and not put your employees in harms-way through threat and deceit. I can't begin to tell you how many fellow employees had complaints but were afraid to speak out for fear. Many didn't portend to hold this Wonderland image. Many felt they were being pushed around or manipulated (far from the only company though). Some were actually put in unsafe conditions and environment. I don't think upper management realizes, and the full truth is filtered out. Maybe, like so many companies, they don't care. Maybe we all are living on a "reservation".

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Warm and welcoming envrionment

Recruiter (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGreat hours, warm and welcoming team members, great work life balance, overtime if you want it, challenging and fast paced, everyday is a new and exciting challenge, branch management is respectful and treats you as an equal, yuo def feel that you can go to them with any issue that you are having and that they will try to accomodate you and help you solve the challenges you are facing, good benefits

Consmore accountability for poor performers

Advice to Senior Managementengagment and recognition with the security officers in the field could use some work, bottled water for the office would be nice as well as a budget for branch functions

We were more front desk information help in a suit and tie, than we were security

Security Officer (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsSorry, I can not think of any.

ConsWe had to take orders from a security Director from another state that did not have that much security experiance.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your Officers that are contracted out to other businesses.

Great place to work!

Security Officer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsHours are good and the management is out standing!

ConsA lot of work in the spring time at low pay!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should visit the account more freqently and give Whelan employees a raise after being on a site for more than a year!

Security Officer

Security Officer (Former Employee) Saint Paul, MN

ProsGood part time job while going to school.

ConsNo benefits for part time employees

Unprofessional, rife with liars, cheats & Cowards

Security Officer (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsPay of $10.00 an hour, laughable! I worked part time at my other job and pay was $19 an hour.

ConsThey promise, deliver nothing, fire at will w/o reason, lie. Untrustworthy. Friendly appearance, devious in reality. No holiday bonus, card.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're not God. You are working with real human beings not robots. They rely on your word & are trusting what you say. People need a job to make money to pay their bills but when you fire at will or lay off for no reason & w/o warning how are they supposed to pay bills? On $10 an hour & with all the work required at some sites the pay isn't comparable. Ask for a raise & they flat turn you down & how does anyone survive on $10 an hour while being screwed over by the company so $10 an hour quickly becomes $0 an hour due to their whims? Stop screwing over the people who work for you & are trying to do a good job & stop lying & being underhanded. No one in their right minds would want to work for you if they checked these reviews which I should've done before I signed on with you guys. You're all smiles & say we only hire the best trying to make newbies feel good but you're quick to treat that "best" employee like dirt & kick them out w/o explanation. You should be ashamed of yourselves for false advertising and having no honor especially regarding your treatment to ex military and ex police officers. You should be reported to the BBB.

Low stress job duties, high stress management

Security Officer (Current Employee) Decatur, IL

ProsFellow officers at my post are excellent. Contracting clientele is excellent. Healthcare benefits are near outstanding.

ConsLack of communication, backstabbing, intimidation, entrapment, favoritism, internal politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat others the way you want to be treated. Hypocrisy removes all trust between an employee and management. Reward good employees. I go to work every day to do my job, and I only hear from you when I do something wrong.

Decrimination

Security Officer (Former Employee) Iowa City, IA

Proswork is easy provides a part time pay check you are able to make friends. you get to travel to NFL games anyone can take your drug test they will hire you at home and ask no questions

ConsUpper management has no clue of lower management lower management makes their own rules, They play favorites and break so many rules and place the company in harms way. The upper management will only do damage control, and remove the injured ones not the supervisors no matter how bad. They discriminate to people who may have a mental disability despite the fact that the person performs well. They want bodies not hard workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit putting your head in the sand and rewarding ones for breaking rules, They really need to be hands not just at NFL games but at all events. Clients really have no clue til it is to late of what is happening.

Worked for Whelan Security? Contribute to the Community!