Whelan Security

Patrick A. Twardowski

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Security Officer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Whelan Security full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hours are good and the management is out standing!

Cons

A lot of work in the spring time at low pay!

Management should visit the account more freqently and give Whelan employees a raise after being on a site for more than a year!

Security Officer

Former Employee - Security Officer in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Whelan Security part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good part time job while going to school.

Cons

No benefits for part time employees

Unprofessional, rife with liars, cheats & Cowards

Former Employee - Security Officer in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Whelan Security part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay of $10.00 an hour, laughable! I worked part time at my other job and pay was $19 an hour.

Cons

They promise, deliver nothing, fire at will w/o reason, lie. Untrustworthy. Friendly appearance, devious in reality. No holiday bonus, card.

You're not God. You are working with real human beings not robots. They rely on your word & are trusting what you say. People need a job to make money to pay their bills but when you fire at will or lay off for no reason & w/o warning how are they supposed to pay bills? On $10 an hour & with all the work required at some sites the pay isn't comparable. Ask for a raise & they flat turn you down & how does anyone survive on $10 an hour while being screwed over by the company so $10 an hour quickly becomes $0 an hour due to their whims? Stop screwing over the people who work for you & are trying to do a good job & stop lying & being underhanded. No one in their right minds would want to work for you if they checked these reviews which I should've done before I signed on with you guys. You're all smiles & say we only hire the best trying to make newbies feel good but you're quick to treat that "best" employee like dirt & kick them out w/o explanation. You should be ashamed of yourselves for false advertising and having no honor especially regarding your treatment to ex military and ex police officers. You should be reported to the BBB.

Low stress job duties, high stress management

Current Employee - Security Officer in Decatur, IL
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Decatur, IL

I have been working at Whelan Security full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow officers at my post are excellent. Contracting clientele is excellent. Healthcare benefits are near outstanding.

Cons

Lack of communication, backstabbing, intimidation, entrapment, favoritism, internal politics.

Treat others the way you want to be treated. Hypocrisy removes all trust between an employee and management. Reward good employees. I go to work every day to do my job, and I only hear from you when I do something wrong.

Decrimination

Former Employee - Security Officer in Iowa City, IA
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Iowa City, IA

I worked at Whelan Security part-time (less than an year)

Pros

work is easy provides a part time pay check you are able to make friends. you get to travel to NFL games anyone can take your drug test they will hire you at home and ask no questions

Cons

Upper management has no clue of lower management lower management makes their own rules, They play favorites and break so many rules and place the company in harms way. The upper management will only do damage control, and remove the injured ones not the supervisors no matter how bad. They discriminate to people who may have a mental disability despite the fact that the person performs well. They want bodies not hard workers.

Quit putting your head in the sand and rewarding ones for breaking rules, They really need to be hands not just at NFL games but at all events. Clients really have no clue til it is to late of what is happening.

It was a job, period. Okay for someone to use as a part-time supplement, not something to live from.

Former Employee - Security Officer
    Former Employee - Security Officer

I worked at Whelan Security full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It provides jobs for paychecks, when they have openings.

Cons

Many off-hour shifts, changeable schedules, minimal pay.

Started out great, ended up souring.

Former Employee - Security Officer in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Louisville, KY

I worked at Whelan Security full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay which was a lot more than I was used to making at other jobs.

Cons

No benefits and management does not back its officers.

Back up your officers better and get a backbone with clients.

Doesn't believe in Human Rights and the 1st Amendment

Former Employee - Security Guard in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Whelan Security full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Schedulers will work to find you work - sometimes - depending on scheduler.

Cons

After six years: not receptive to your opinions, though they have a hotline for this purpose. They adhere to the fire-at-will- law as doctrine and the EEOC backs them to the hilt. IF YOU THOUGHT HUMAN RIGHTS APPLY, THINK AGAIN, IT DEPENDS ON THEIR PRIVATE BIASES. And the law allows it: they can say who is right and who is wrong and how much totally at their whim. No different anywhere else. If you use their hot-line to speak out: you will be castigated. No adaptation on self-criticism or introspection. They can break their codes at their own whim: lie when they see fit, apply rules discriminately. And the law protects them. Corporate tyranny in America.

Be man enough to take criticism. Forcing your employees to kowtow is not the answer. There is that possibility you were and are wrong. Poor communication, vindictiveness, and an underlying disdain for human dignity, hiding behind a fallacious 10 code of conduct and fire-at-will laws. Putting the greed of the all-mighty dollar above the worth of human dignity.

Sadly, this company does not live up to its 10 core values.

I worked at Whelan Security (more than an year)

Pros

There are opportunities within the company to learn new skills such as Human Resource software programs. Great learning management program.

Cons

There was much misinformation confusion regarding raises and bonuses which led to many disappointments across the branch. Inadequate training regarding payroll and setting up accounts in the payroll system.

Take a step back and review the 10 core values that employees are expected to live by.

Horrible company! Don't even bother with this one!

Former Employee - Security Officer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Austin, TX

I worked at Whelan Security full-time (less than an year)

Pros

None whatsoever except maybe you get paid a dollar over minimum wage.

Cons

The hours suck, and the management is awful. Their core values are a joke. Those are nothing more than a sales pitch. I was laid off from this job all because they were too chicken to fire me for having Asperger's. They have very discriminatory practices and have the most unqualified people managing. Nobody can be trusted.

Take this company and shove it up your collective asses.