White Castle

www.whitecastle.com
Profile Unclaimed

It's ok to gain experience for a first time job.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at White Castle part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay, free food to eat during break only inside building, learning customer service and cashiering skills, and it was like going to work with a second family, good and quick training..easy to pick up on skills after the 30 day mark.

Cons

General manager and managers didn't know how to give constructive criticism at times and was too harsh on employees. They didn't consider some peoples school schedules as I've witnessed. I was pressured into becoming a manager as well and was given tasks that a manager would do even when I said no thanks. General manager was unprofessional at times and showed someone's information prior to hiring someone and asked me if we should hire this person because they have a criminal record, (if I was a possibly a potential employee who was to work somewhere I applied for, I would not want a GM disclosing such information to employees). General manager asked me if I could stay for his shift so that he could take his son out. I was working part time, but got full time hours. I don't know what it was like for other GM's and managers at other White Castle's, but I did not look forward to going to work with these managers at times and it was one of the reasons why I quit and moved on.

Teach gm's and managers to be more professional and show employers more respect even when they keep screwing up,

It was a job.

Former Employee - Crew Member in Apple Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Apple Valley, MN

I worked at White Castle part-time (more than a year)

Pros

This place is OK for a low-wage job. You get a free meal for any shift you work. You also learn valuable skills such as cashiering and cooking during lunch rush.

Cons

Sometimes I didn't get a break during a six hour shift. Customers could be rude angry and demanding, especially late at night.

Employees should get a break during a six hour or longer shift.

Great Company, Sucky Co Workers

I worked at White Castle part-time

Pros

Easy work, fun, nice pay

Cons

Managers sucked and the work load could get very stressful.

Okay, average retail experience

I worked at White Castle part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Paid Weekly, decent co-workers. Not as ridiculously busy as most other food service positions. Free food before, after, or during your shift. Definitely gonna miss the free food.

Cons

my location was particularly understaffed, otherwise it was an average retail food service position, little opportunity for advancement, occasional rude customers, schedule varies all over the place with little warning, often having to work early morning one day and overnight the next day.

It's ok..

Current Employee - Team Member in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Team Member in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at White Castle part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best thing about working here is that management is very accommodating with school schedules, get paid weekly, 2 weeks of paid vacation after a year of working here, and holiday pay.

Cons

The hours, working short staffed, dealing with angry customers because we are short staffed, dealing with IVR scores telling us to improve speed of service when we don't have enough workers to get the the orders out..

I think when we get extremely busy or do not have enough people scheduled we should close the dining room and just have everyone come through drive thru.

Sketchy company to work for

Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Team Member in New York, NY

I worked at White Castle part-time (more than a year)

Pros

The crew and most managers were amazing people to work with. They were like a second family, and the regulars who would come in would make my day great.

Cons

The general manager was rude, yelled across the counter (in front of customers) to one of my coworkers cleaning the front room. She always thought she was right and yelled at the smallest things such as me not being done with cleaning the back, front, and outside of the store. How does she expect everything to be clean when she schedules just me and a manager? (the manager is in the office doing paperwork/payroll or doing inventory) So I have to clean the whole store, take orders, make food, and continue cleaning.

Also when I left, they owed me vacation pay which I didn't get in my final paycheck. I send a email to the General Manager, contacted the Labor Department, and 1 month after I quit, they sent me a check. If you quit, they will NOT give you vacation pay unless you ask them for it.

Get your general manager under control.

Ready to leave

Current Employee - White Castle Crew Manager in Shiloh, IL
    Current Employee - White Castle Crew Manager in Shiloh, IL

I have been working at White Castle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Almost everybody that work there became my 2nd family even met my soul mate there
    Got better with customer service skills

Cons

General Manager I work at is sneaky & is best friends with another manager at our store & with they relationship that manager gets away with certain things.

You all may have worked in White Castle in the past but try doing it again today cause if the rules & things we must do isn't serious & doesn't make sense as long as it's safe/healthy/ gets the work done. You guys come in your suits & walk around & judge us & say very rude comments

It was an experience thats for sure!

Former Employee - White Castle Crew Manager in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Former Employee - White Castle Crew Manager in Brooklyn Park, MN

I worked at White Castle part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Got paid weekly, Our regulars made the job worth it!

Cons

Wasn't A lot of communication. It was hard to feel welcomed as a new comer.

Express The Thought Of More Communication.

Good First Job

Former Employee - Team Member in Bloomington, IN
    Former Employee - Team Member in Bloomington, IN

I worked at White Castle part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good people, quick raises, easy to move up in

Cons

Being easy to move up in the company means you have managers that aren't that great or don't know what they are really doing.

The general managers need to be screened more closely to make sure they are actually doing their job.

The Company is family owned and I loved the history, but it is fast food, so its only as rewarding as you make it.

Former Employee - White Castle Crew Manager in Apple Valley, MN
    Former Employee - White Castle Crew Manager in Apple Valley, MN

I worked at White Castle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The crew and the regulars kept me coming to work.

Cons

Things change a lot and there were a lot of politics.

Encourage the crew and get rid of bad apples quickly

White Castle Photos