WhiteConcierge

www.whiteconcierge.com

WhiteConcierge Reviews

2.4

Jonathan Breeze

Multicultural contact centre for concierge services and emergency assistance

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Peterborough, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Peterborough, England (UK)

I have been working at WhiteConcierge full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You will be able to meet people from a vast number of countries, from European countries to Far East countries. It is THE place to truly discover other cultures. As a front line customer service specialist, attractive shift patterns, such as 7 days on 7 days off, may be available.

Cons

Due to the comparative small size of the company, opportunities for promotion is not often as with bigger size companies.

Whiteconcierge is a good place to acquire interpersonal skill on the phone. This is because the nature of services enable the contact centre to be more than a mere call centre. Requests given by customers differ hugely from one customer to the other.

The worst company I have worked for... By a country mile

Former Employee - Customer Services Representative in Peterborough, England (UK)

I worked at WhiteConcierge

Pros

I suppose, at the time, it suited my lifestyle to work shifts and have days off during the week.
    I could surf the net during quiet times.
    I had the chance to talk to interesting people (customers) once in a while.
    Some Sunday afternoons at work were enjoyable
    Ian Foster was a great colleague and friend.

Cons

First, a bit of history... The original concierge department was created by Thomas Cook, then was sold to Travelex with a whole bunch of other financial services. Travelex weren't interested in concierge services and sold the department to some investors. This is when the troubles began.

As a direct result of the above, there was, at the time I worked there, no career prospect.
    The middle management was composed of people who hadn't succeeded in moving somewhere else in Travelex before the department was sold or get a job outside.
    There were not educated, not knowledgeable and above all unhelpful. I always had the feeling they were just glad not to have to work as hard as the ground troops but like the rest of us didn't have any illusion about the company and their future there.

As a result of the above, the day to day job can become very stressfu, mainly due to lack of support.

There is in this company a noticeably above average rate of discipline action taken against staff.
    Many employees have been given verbal and/or written warnings. During the Travelex era these were almost unheard of.

The C level execs abilities are inexistant. Please remember, they are the people involved in the Jet Republic fiasco. This gives the feeling that the company's future in insecure.

Frankly, I don't think the management is ready to get any piece of advice.
    Please sell the company to someone who will care for it and its employees.

Stay away

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Peterborough, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Peterborough, England (UK)

I worked at WhiteConcierge

Pros

The 7 on 7 off shift pattern.
    Relative proximity to Cambridge and London to apply to other companies
    The building is OK

Cons

Inept management
    Lack of respect for employees
    No career prospect whatsoever
    Quality of traning provided
    Unrealistic expectations from the management

Please open you eyes and see that most people below you are more educated and knowledgeable than you will ever be.